Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOW agree with me KNIGHT OUT NOW

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Personally, I don't ever remember a £3m bid from Everton. That just sounds like agent talk to me.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What is all this tosh about Everton bidding £3million. It's amazing how folklore starts isn't it.

This will be 3 mill being offerred by David Moyes. The same Moyes who when at Preston said that he didn't think Bobby was good enough for the top flight.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
what is it with some people.

Knight saves us and now people want his head. Some of you have short memories. So we only got £1.5m for Bobby. Leeds only got £5m (well £3m) for Kewell yet he was rated at £12m plus not so long ago and Lew Bowyer was going to go to Liverpool for £8m before he was sold to West Ham for £100,000.

It is all down to market economics.

You can't deny Bobby the chance of furthering his career just because 18 months ago we 'could' have got £3m for him. He has done fantastic for the Albion and now this is his chance in the Premiership.

So far IMHO Dick has done well for the club and only has his best interests for the club unlike some other chairman.

Anyway rant over.

The King is dead long live the King (who that may now be)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
munster monch said:
Every person has their sell by date. Dick has had his moment of glory. I don't believe he has the nouse to take this club forward and should bring in extra investment and knowledge to acheive that even if it means he has to stand aside a little.

Extra investment? From where? Dick has brought in over £4.5 million from the various board members and Fatboy to date, quite an achievement when they are not likely to see their money back. He even got Bill Archer to give us £700,000 as a parting gift, quite a skilled piece of negotiation in my view. There is a difference between investing and throwing money away, and thats what most NSC'ers want from people. However there are not that many people wealthy or stupic enough to invest £5-10 million in a small town club with no ground, facilities, managers office, scout etc etc.

We had two directors worth £700 million between them in Archer and Stanley, and they did not throw money at the club (apart from the signing of Jason Peake (now Guy Butters dietician))

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
berkshire seagull said:
Its called ambition and dick hasn't got that sadly!:eek: :yawn: :clap:

So let me get this straight. Someone takes over a club on the verge of the Conference, about to be evicted from home and forced to play 75 miles away, and just over 5 years later sees that same club playing in the 1st Division. I just thought it might be worth reminding you of that, or have you only just arrived on the planet?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Paddy B and Dandyman, you may be interested in the following as you seem to think that DK is the ONLY person to take the Albion forward....in fact Dandyman, can I quote you.......

..."Where exactly do people think we would be without Knight ? It's not a case of him not making any mistakes or us not having a right to criticise when needed, but I've yet to hear the moaners identify who the caped crusader who they think will fly in and replace DK actually is"......

My only success on this board (and boy do I bang on about it admittedly!!!) was telling everyone that Brooker was on his way to Leicester about a month before it was officially announced.....now the same club employee who told me that gem also told me that there is a supporter, with millions, who wants to become chairman of BHA and takeover from DK (not Steve Foster's mate, the one with the health clubs).

HOWEVER, DK is not prepared to step down and will not accept this mans' money as he doesn't want to become just another board member but wants the top job.....there are two arguements here, on the one hand you could say that DK is protecting the club from the debacle of Archer/Stanley era and does not want a power hunger man to come in, throw his money around, and then perhaps leave BHA up s**t creek if we dont get promotion and we have players on high, long-term contracts

However the counter arguement, and the one the club employee (a coach no-less) and I agree on, is that DK wants to be boss man when Falmer comes and wants the accolades and his "name in the sun" if/when Falmer arrives, he loves the "saviour of the Albion" tag and does not want to relinquish "control" of BHA

Now you can call me names like you did before (liar, bullsh**ter, etc) but the above was told to me and I have no reason to doubt him.......next time you think "I wish we had a rich chairman who would put some of his OWN money into the Albion", potentially we do but not unless DK steps aside

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm not sure a coach would know the ins and outs of the financial wranglings of the boardroom or possible outisde investment. Wouldn't he be too busy laying out cones?

Jeez, i'd love to have the saviour tag too. Obviously, wouldn't let it get in the way of the club's well-being. Maybe Dick is egotistical, but in general i do trust him. I think he has earned that. Maybe he's a man with a dream. Or maybe the millionaire who wants to invest in this sinking ship of ours wasn't right. Surely this would have gotten out and been reported in the Arsegas
I dunno. I'm not going to call you a liar, but i don't know what to make of this factlet.

Sorry to repeat myself, but ....

What are we arguing about here?

Zamora's gone for £1.5 million + a sell-on clause.

We keep £1.05 million.

If the fee had been £2 million, we wouldn't be arguing, given what we all accept are current market conditions.

That would have let us keep £1.4 million.

Difference = £350,000

The value of the gate receipts at 3 home games.

It's not worth tearing ourselves and our football club apart for this, is it?

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
the same club employee who told me that gem also told me that there is a supporter, with millions, who wants to become chairman of BHA and takeover from DK (not Steve Foster's mate, the one with the health clubs).
Sorry, Dancin Ninja BHA, if this is the same story I've been listening to for the best part of a year - NOT from a club source - the guy in question IS Steve Foster's mate.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Icy Gull said:
He wanted to go, we need the money. F***ing disappointing but thats what happens when you're a small club. To blame DK is ludicrous, unless he didn't add a sell on clause and then I'll change my mind.

If he didn't add a sell-on clause, he (Knight) should be taken out and shot immediately. That would be foolhardy in the extreme. Hopefully we'll find out more in the next few days.

Like most others, I can't help thinking that Spurs got Bobby on the cheap. Anyone else like to wipe that smug smile off Hoddle's face?

:mad:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Paddy B and Dandyman, you may be interested in the following as you seem to think that DK is the ONLY person to take the Albion forward....in fact Dandyman, can I quote you.......

..."Where exactly do people think we would be without Knight ? It's not a case of him not making any mistakes or us not having a right to criticise when needed, but I've yet to hear the moaners identify who the caped crusader who they think will fly in and replace DK actually is"......

My only success on this board (and boy do I bang on about it admittedly!!!) was telling everyone that Brooker was on his way to Leicester about a month before it was officially announced.....now the same club employee who told me that gem also told me that there is a supporter, with millions, who wants to become chairman of BHA and takeover from DK (not Steve Foster's mate, the one with the health clubs).

HOWEVER, DK is not prepared to step down and will not accept this mans' money as he doesn't want to become just another board member but wants the top job.....there are two arguements here, on the one hand you could say that DK is protecting the club from the debacle of Archer/Stanley era and does not want a power hunger man to come in, throw his money around, and then perhaps leave BHA up s**t creek if we dont get promotion and we have players on high, long-term contracts

However the counter arguement, and the one the club employee (a coach no-less) and I agree on, is that DK wants to be boss man when Falmer comes and wants the accolades and his "name in the sun" if/when Falmer arrives, he loves the "saviour of the Albion" tag and does not want to relinquish "control" of BHA

Now you can call me names like you did before (liar, bullsh**ter, etc) but the above was told to me and I have no reason to doubt him.......next time you think "I wish we had a rich chairman who would put some of his OWN money into the Albion", potentially we do but not unless DK steps aside

Well said, you are obviously better informed than me, my info comes from a sponser. However, it is about the same (i don't know anything about Fozzie's mate, just about nameless people). But when i post in a similar vein, Dick Tight's arse-wipes just start banging-on about him saving the club and nobody else would take over if he went. Which we all know is total bollocks.:thumbsup:

I just hope that he fucks-off post haste, we cannot take this club anywhere!

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Sorry, Dancin Ninja BHA, if this is the same story I've been listening to for the best part of a year - NOT from a club source - the guy in question IS Steve Foster's mate.

Who gives a f*** if it's Steve Foster's mate or not. We should all get behind him to force Dick Tight out!:mad:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
And the consequence of Knight leaving is No Falmer.

So he is holding us to ransom is he? Bollocks, if we get a real Chairman we will get a better ground! Falmer is too f***ing small and we can never expect to be able to expand it! And it still requires f***ing park-and-ride! Anyway, the odds on Falmer are slim, with or without Tight.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here