Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOW agree with me KNIGHT OUT NOW

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Yet another 'I havent got all the facts but Knight must go' thread. Are you and Mullers related? How about taking the unusual step of waiting for some facts before showing Knight the door? No-one really knows the full story yet - even the all the main news websites all have different values for the transfer fee. But I suppose you have better 'inside' information from the hotbed of football gossip that is Burwash.

Let's face it - in any transfer deal the buying team are usually keen to tell everyone it's a done deal before it is and it was cheaper than it was, while the selling team drag their heels and then try and inflate the amount received. As for Zamora's agent giving 'the facts' the £3M from Everton is BS - even Everton denied it a while back - and Zamo has always said he was a Hammers fan so this sudden retrospective conversion to Spurs is a bit hard to swallow.

I don't post often but read a fair bit on here and I'm fed up with those like you who will believe anyone - including Teamtalk, players agents, journalists, some bloke in the pub who's gran once met Steve Coppel's mum in a launderette - except your own club's chairman, a man who has shown himself to have far more integrity than anyone else who has run this club in many, many years.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Too f***ed off to comment, cant believe he has gone so cheap, we're making less than a million out of this, DK has some explaining to do here before i pass proper judgement, at the end of the day no-one will want to take over a finacially unstable club without a home so we are stuck with DK like it or not.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was one of the most vehement defenders of Dick Knight earlier in the day, BUT if it does transpire that we've sold Bobby for a flat £1.5M, which it appears we have, then I have to say I have some serious doubts about his ability to do this sort of negotiation. Ok, so Spurs force us down on price, but in those circumstances you HAVE to insist upon 'extras', such as sell on clauses, appearance payments etc. We still don't know for sure what the full fee is, but it sounds to me like a worst case scenario.

If it is £1.5M - Brovers will get £0.5M, I guess agents will get their cut, as will Bobby... We might get £750 ?? How much of that 'massive' chunk can the club afford to put into team strengthening?? I would hope most, but I have to agree that that is highly unlikely..

The fans forum looks like being a tasty old evening indeed.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Spiros said:
I don't post often but read a fair bit on here and I'm fed up with those like you who will believe anyone - including Teamtalk, players agents, journalists, some bloke in the pub who's gran once met Steve Coppel's mum in a launderette - except your own club's chairman, a man who has shown himself to have far more integrity than anyone else who has run this club in many, many years.

Well said Mr Spiros. I'm can't believe Dick will refuse to make some money available to Steve Coppell from the 800K -- or whatever it is we have left -- from the Zam deal. Even he knows we haven't got a striker left.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
perth seagull said:
Another summer of blunder. What is wrong with DK? I'd like to hear him out before going overboard though.

PERTH YOU ARE VERY STUPID AND VERY GULIBLE

see perths comments on my thread earlier players staff not getting paid, this proves that there are people on here who change the opinions when the wind changes, at least chapmans sav. sticks to his martha guns

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Juan

I don't have any problem with Dick Knight, but you have to feel let down if there are no extra clauses in the sale, surely (especially bearing in mind how much Bristol Rovers are making out of their extras).

Papa

Dandyman

In London village.
Meade's_Ball said:
Whatever.
If Bobby wanted to go, which he obviously did, we don't have the power any more to make him stay. So, we wait as long as we can for offers from clubs. Coppell basically announces that he is imediately for sale. An offer comes in that DK turns down. AN improved one comes in that will hopefully enable SC to buy a couple of replacements and mean we don't have an unhappy superstar souring his reputation with us.
The offer came at a time when SC had the chance to rebuild a little.
I don't know what other options there were.
When Everton's bid came in, we didn't want to sell and were looking to stay in the first division and get even more for him.

Why does it seem so simple to me, yet so nefarious and conspiratorial to others?

Damn right. Where exactly do people think we would be without Knight ? It's not a case of him not making any mistakes or us not having a right to criticise when needed, but I've yet to hear the moaners identify who the caped crusader who they think will fly in and replace DK actually is...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Juan

Hence the word 'if' in there. Everything said in the press conference points towards it sadly.

Papa :ohmy:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Paddy B said:
Ok

1. You know for certain that Everton bid £3M do you?

2. Ok so Knight fcuks off - I cant see a queue of people willing to throw money at the club can you ?

3. Get Real !!!
Thats what some may say,but i no that people will turn up to show interest and the fact is that dick doesn't spend his money,so what are we losing mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I put money that dick has already got his money back on whatever he has spent.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :shootself

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Every person has their sell by date. Dick has had his moment of glory. I don't believe he has the nouse to take this club forward and should bring in extra investment and knowledge to acheive that even if it means he has to stand aside a little.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I'm not picking on you, Papa, but there are a lot of examples on here of people jumping to massive conclusions. To do that and then start calling for Dick's head (oops, nearly) is just ridiculous. If folks are going to be having a go at him, at least hear what he has to say first. Spurs are going to be putting their spin on the facts, and as for the agent - there's a job for him in Baghdad.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
DannyBhoy said:
If you still back knight then your a f*cking idiot!!!

How can you back the man for accepting a 1.5mill offer for our best player (who gets MOST of our goals) and he turns down a 3million bid from everton!!!!!!!!!!

DICK KNIGHT OUT!!!!!!

TWAT, LEAVE DK ALONE....

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
I admit that my comment on saying "DK OUT NOW" was a little harsh but that is just frustration on my behalf of seeing bobby go for 1.5 mill!!

DK is a great chairman but i think its wrong that he has not sai anyhting about why he accpeted or what he plans to do with the money.
I know he will soon but i think this is a thing that the fans need to know striaght away.

The Everton £3m bid actually consisted of £2m plus an extra £1m depending on appearances and was at a time when transfer prices were higher than they are now. The bid came in January 2001 just before Bobby scored a hat-trick in the 4-3 win over Cambridge. If we had sold Bobby then we probably wouldn't have got promoted that year.

Ok £1.5m doesnt seem a lot now but that will go a lot further than it would have done 2 years ago. Also if Bobby really doesn't want to play for us I don't think we're in a position to force him to stay. I think Bobby deserves better than that and we do too.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
berkshire seagull said:
Its called ambition and dick hasn't got that sadly!:eek: :yawn: :clap:

How the hell can you have ambition when you're stuck in a 7000 converted athletics stadium. Until we get that sorted out we are doomed to float around in the lower reaches of the Football league. Some people need a reality check on here. You have to have patience, and some of you will have to have it for a few more years yet. Why is it everybody wants something this minute? Then have to blame somebody else if they can't get it immediately?

Unless anybody knows any rich foreign businessmen who are willing to pawn half their state's oil reserves on players to take us up a few divisions then we have to use what we have now. WE have always been skint and from time to time have had to rely on fans contributions to purchase players (Bert Murray in the 70s, the Lifeline appeal that purchased Darren Hughes in the 80s and the recent £40 note fund all attest to this). In fact the few good years were the Bamber years and we are still paying for that 20 years down the line.

Yes I'm disappointed with the price but the transfer market below the rich moneybags clubs is virtually non-existant. Nobody is willing to pay £4 nillion for Kevin Phillips. Harry Kewell went for a pittance. Beckham went for much less than his original value. Bobby's value likewise has dropped due to the deflation of the financial markets.

It pains me to say this but when we have a decent stadium like REading's, we may well attract more people with money and inturn may be able to pay out more fees to decent players. IN the meantime we don't and we will have to get on with the job with what we have rather than moaning about it, because that will not change anything.

Rant over. I need a stiff drink!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
How the hell can you have ambition when you're stuck in a 7000 converted athletics stadium. Until we get that sorted out we are doomed to float around in the lower reaches of the Football league. Some people need a reality check on here. You have to have patience, and some of you will have to have it for a few more years yet. Why is it everybody wants something this minute? Then have to blame somebody else if they can't get it immediately?

Unless anybody knows any rich foreign businessmen who are willing to pawn half their state's oil reserves on players to take us up a few divisions then we have to use what we have now. WE have always been skint and from time to time have had to rely on fans contributions to purchase players (Bert Murray in the 70s, the Lifeline appeal that purchased Darren Hughes in the 80s and the recent £40 note fund all attest to this). In fact the few good years were the Bamber years and we are still paying for that 20 years down the line.

Yes I'm disappointed with the price but the transfer market below the rich moneybags clubs is virtually non-existant. Nobody is willing to pay £4 nillion for Kevin Phillips. Harry Kewell went for a pittance. Beckham went for much less than his original value. Bobby's value likewise has dropped due to the deflation of the financial markets.

It pains me to say this but when we have a decent stadium like REading's, we may well attract more people with money and inturn may be able to pay out more fees to decent players. IN the meantime we don't and we will have to get on with the job with what we have rather than moaning about it, because that will not change anything.

Rant over. I need a stiff drink!

very well said :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here