Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOW agree with me KNIGHT OUT NOW

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Would like to hear what the old man has to say for himself before passing judgement. Right this minute though I'm well f***ed off.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that was Zamora's agent, you/we dont know the true facts...no point arguing until that time when we know the true facts about it!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I don't think its a case of Knight Out but more a Knight you have got some explaining to do. He's gonna get linched otherwise.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
danny , i'm still an idiot - i really don't think dk had much of a say !

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Ok

1. You know for certain that Everton bid £3M do you?

2. Ok so Knight fcuks off - I cant see a queue of people willing to throw money at the club can you ?

3. Get Real !!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Danny,

just before i agree with you, can you run me through the rest of the plan

Knight out and .............................. ?

???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would rather have had Bobby for last season and a chance of staying up than £3m from Everton and being relegated by Xmas

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Another summer of blunder. What is wrong with DK? I'd like to hear him out before going overboard though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Whatever.
If Bobby wanted to go, which he obviously did, we don't have the power any more to make him stay. So, we wait as long as we can for offers from clubs. Coppell basically announces that he is imediately for sale. An offer comes in that DK turns down. AN improved one comes in that will hopefully enable SC to buy a couple of replacements and mean we don't have an unhappy superstar souring his reputation with us.
The offer came at a time when SC had the chance to rebuild a little.
I don't know what other options there were.
When Everton's bid came in, we didn't want to sell and were looking to stay in the first division and get even more for him.

Why does it seem so simple to me, yet so nefarious and conspiratorial to others?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
DannyBhoy said:
If you still back knight then your a f*cking idiot!!!

How can you back the man for accepting a 1.5mill offer for our best player (who gets MOST of our goals) and he turns down a 3million bid from everton!!!!!!!!!!

DICK KNIGHT OUT!!!!!!

Sigh.

If - and it's only an if - Everton had officially bid £3m in March 2002 (before the market peaked) and we hadn't got promotion into the First Division, you would have still wanted Dick Knight out.

You're blaming Dick Knight for the change in the football financial landscape.

He can't win. You're a halfwit. End of.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
CrabtreeBHA said:
that was Zamora's agent, you/we dont know the true facts...no point arguing until that time when we know the true facts about it!

Lets face it, DK is only going to defend himself and say what a good deal we've got and if bobby had got injured then we'd have got nothing

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
El Presidente said:
I would rather have had Bobby for last season and a chance of staying up than £3m from Everton and being relegated by Xmas

Agreed, but why let him go so cheaply now? Even Spurs are saying it is a bargain price!:nono:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mullers, what choices were there?
We'd all like to bung someone in the reserves who didn't want to play for us, but thats just not viable.
So we make Tottenham pay more? How? They could go and buy Kanoute and leave Bobby here, unhappy.
The way the market is going, prices are still plummeting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mullers said:
Agreed, but why let him go so cheaply now? Even Spurs are saying it is a bargain price!:nono:

He wanted to go, we need the money. F***ing disappointing but thats what happens when you're a small club. To blame DK is ludicrous, unless he didn't add a sell on clause and then I'll change my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here