Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It is a joke - if Lallana had been a fraction forward it would have been ruled off despite the fact he didnt touch it.
And given the goals that have stood against us when players have clearly been offside and interfering with play this season, it would have been an absolute travesty.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't know, but maybe? Or maybe something isn't right with the recovery?

I'm not a sports science expert, but I'd hope somebody at the Albion is and are being tasked with asking these questions.
I'm sure they are but interestingly on Football Focus this morning they showed the list of team with the worst injuries and I think we were 4th. So it's not just us.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
VAR seems to ask if there is any way the goal can be disallowed?

Oh no now Lamptey down.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Was just chatting to my brother about this… to be honest it’s less about wheels falling off… as clearly the squad, coaches are together etc. but tactically (at times) we’re being found out … but a large slice of that is down to rhythm, partnerships etc. all being undermined by injuries and a selection/rotation policy that has utterly failed to a.) prevent injuries and b.) to keep us competitive in two comps.

A large part of this is luck, but frankly we lack balance (at times) and we’re all over the shop as a result.

Is this just one of those seasons? An indication of things starting to unravel? I don’t know really, but it’s all a bit meh right now and the spark ⚡️ has gone out.

Where I sit, we have a choice - get behind Roberto… or fail to do and hope our next manager is even better… which is rather forlorn - because if they are, they’d be gone in a season to a ‘big’ club.

I do think we could be more pragmatic on occasion and grind things out, but that’s simply not Roberto.

I guess from the outside we might look a bit like we believe our own hype, and that often leads to a kind of almost indistinguishable lethargy, which at this level will get you punished.

lol - and it’s 1-1… I still think most of the above stands though BUT I’m all for giving Roberto time to genuinely prove his quality.
I think last season we benefited from being unknown (under De Zerbi) and underestimated. Teams aren't making that mistake anymore.

I kinda feel like Leicester experienced the same when they won the league and then were shit the next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here