Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not to be bitter in anyway but...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had that twat ref in Moscow given the CORRECT decision in Moscow (Rooney fouled the guy outside the area) we would be at the Euros now.

I know we were shit but you never know - we may have sorted ourselves out a bit by now...

That is all... :)

* Que the NSC anti - England mob who don't have a clue *

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Rearrange the following words to give a saying.

At........................Straws.......................................... Clutching

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Had that twat ref in Moscow given the CORRECT decision in Moscow (Rooney fouled the guy outside the area) we would be at the Euros now.

I know we were shit but you never know - we may have sorted ourselves out a bit by now...

and McClaren would still be in charge. I'll take the hit of missing this tourney to get rid of that jerk.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

I doubt it very much as McClown would still be in charge

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

If we had qualified, McClown WOULD have been in charge. (after all he had reached his objective of qualifying) and the Spanish would have beaten us. We could still have been stuck with him for the World Cup qualifiers as well.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Though it hurts not to be at the Euros, if that's what it took to get rid of McClaren, then fair deal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It's 'cue', you dim-eyed dolt.

And are you coming to Guy's bash or not?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are not there as we were not good enough, period. The credit crunch and doom and gloom, house prices falling, mortgages going up, no money to lend, oil shortage and on and on, we could have done with the euro's, this country is in a severe period of depression, something good need to happen.

Anyway we would have lost in the quarter finals in a penalty shoot out after an unfair refereeing decision reduced us to 10 men after 20 minutes where we then fought a heroic rearguard action to keep it to a draw to lose 4-1 on penalties and glorious defeat.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If we had qualified, McClown WOULD have been in charge. (after all he had reached his objective of qualifying) and the Spanish would have beaten us. We could still have been stuck with him for the World Cup qualifiers as well.

Hang on, if we hand qualified, due to the way that decided who went in which pot and the fact that the seedings for this tournament were screwed up by Austria, Switzerland and Greece, we would have in fact been in Group A rather than Portugal.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The credit crunch and doom and gloom, house prices falling, mortgages going up, no money to lend, oil shortage and on and on, we could have done with the euro's, this country is in a severe period of depression, something good need to happen.

Time for another war then. Now who can we beat up now?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Much was made of the FACT that 10 english players were in the Champs League final this year, yet the England team failed to qualify.

It is also a FACT that of those 10 players who featured in the Champs League final, only 2 of them played against Croatia in that final group game at Wembley (Lampard and Joe Cole).

Just thought I'd mention it. Make of that what you will.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on, if we hand qualified, due to the way that decided who went in which pot and the fact that the seedings for this tournament were screwed up by Austria, Switzerland and Greece, we would have in fact been in Group A rather than Portugal.

Ah! Fair point. I took us being second and therefore taking Russia's place.

McClaren still would still have probably screwed it up though!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Much was made of the FACT that 10 english players were in the Champs League final this year, yet the England team failed to qualify.

It is also a FACT that of those 10 players who featured in the Champs League final, only 2 of them played against Croatia in that final group game at Wembley (Lampard and Joe Cole).

Isn't that because Terry and Cashley were injured, Ferdinand suspended, Scholes has retired and Wes Brown is shit?

Hargreaves could have played but Barry was preferred.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

True and yes it is clutching at straws...

WHAT IF Andorra had miraculously equalised in the last game at Russia and we'd have qualified despite losin gto Croatia - surely McClaren would be sacked and we would be heading to the Euros under Capello...

I agree with that post about takin the hit to get rid of McClaren - fact is he should never have been there anyway!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

SO true - we were hit by injurys.

I know it was all a loada shit BUT we are easily good enough to be there and WIN the Euros as the Champs league proved - we do have the players.

i feel sick that we aint there - really has hit me BAD :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here