Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not to be bitter in anyway but...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Recent friendly performances suggest we would not have been much better than we were at the World Cup.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Recent friendly performances suggest we would not have been much better than we were at the World Cup.

The same friendlys where we restricted the opposition to about 1 scoring chance in two games and won comfortably and passed the ball around well?

Can't understand some ALBION fans constantly digging at England after watching Albion every week!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Had that twat ref in Moscow given the CORRECT decision in Moscow (Rooney fouled the guy outside the area) we would be at the Euros now.

I know we were shit but you never know - we may have sorted ourselves out a bit by now...

That is all... :)

* Que the NSC anti - England mob who don't have a clue *

If 'that twat' had given the CORRECT decision Rooney's goal in Moscow would have been disallowed for offside

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The same friendlys where we restricted the opposition to about 1 scoring chance in two games and won comfortably and passed the ball around well?
The friendlies where we were the better of two mediocre sides against Switzerland and America, the worse of two mediocre sides against France, and an end of season knockabout in Trinidad. :shrug: You must have a very low opinion of international football if you think those performances suggested we could WIN a tournament we didn't even qualify for.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
We are not there as we were not good enough, period. The credit crunch and doom and gloom, house prices falling, mortgages going up, no money to lend, oil shortage and on and on, we could have done with the euro's, this country is in a severe period of depression, something good need to happen.

dp1776273xk5.jpg

Rooney fouled the guy outside the area

Or maybe rooney should learn to tackle better.

I do not rate this guy at England level, would rather owen and someone else up front but with cappello the chances of that are slim.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SO true - we were hit by injurys.

I know it was all a loada shit BUT we are easily good enough to be there and WIN the Euros as the Champs league proved - we do have the players.

i feel sick that we aint there - really has hit me BAD :tosser:
The 'NSC anti-England brigade' you mention in your first post consists of Digweed's Trousers, MYOB and Starry. The rest of us are simply realists who support England but aren't so one-eyed as to believe that the current crop of England players (or any crop before that) are world-beaters. It's sad that we're not there, but at least we're avoiding our usual Euro humiliation - 1996 and 2004 were the exceptions.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I am not anti-English.

Brovion that is frankly not fair.

I simply have pointed out with to be frank numberous examples and facts - that England are a bunch of over-hyped useless has-beens, never-will-bes and never-weres who will never win a tournament until fundamental issues are dealt with at the domestic game.

It is true that I am Scottish therefore I delight in your abysmal efforts to reach mediocrity - levels taht we have been aspiring to for years and failed to reach as well.

There is banter and there is fact - pick them apart and what I have said about is England is frankly what you are all saying .

If you were half as good as some of you thought you were you would wouldn;t be half bad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am not anti-English.

England are a bunch of over-hyped useless has-beens, never-will-bes and never-weres who will never win a tournament

It is true that I am Scottish therefore I delight in your abysmal efforts to reach mediocrity

NOT anti-English ? ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or maybe rooney should learn to tackle better.

I do not rate this guy at England level, would rather owen and someone else up front but with cappello the chances of that are slim.

Nope - it wasn't a tackle - the fella dived in fact...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If 'that twat' had given the CORRECT decision Rooney's goal in Moscow would have been disallowed for offside

Trust u to come up with some drivel to argue against me :thumbsup::p

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The 'NSC anti-England brigade' you mention in your first post consists of Digweed's Trousers, MYOB and Starry. The rest of us are simply realists who support England but aren't so one-eyed as to believe that the current crop of England players (or any crop before that) are world-beaters. It's sad that we're not there, but at least we're avoiding our usual Euro humiliation - 1996 and 2004 were the exceptions.

Out of interest, which CAMP am I in?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The friendlies where we were the better of two mediocre sides against Switzerland and America, the worse of two mediocre sides against France, and an end of season knockabout in Trinidad. :shrug: You must have a very low opinion of international football if you think those performances suggested we could WIN a tournament we didn't even qualify for.

I never said we'd WIN it - tho we blatently should and could be there challenging to win it...

I agree Eng dont play exactly how they should but i'm very optomistic and a believer - of course Eng should be one of the top 5 in the world - look at the players we have... :)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am not anti-English.

Brovion that is frankly not fair.

I simply have pointed out with to be frank numberous examples and facts - that England are a bunch of over-hyped useless has-beens, never-will-bes and never-weres who will never win a tournament until fundamental issues are dealt with at the domestic game.

It is true that I am Scottish therefore I delight in your abysmal efforts to reach mediocrity - levels taht we have been aspiring to for years and failed to reach as well.

There is banter and there is fact - pick them apart and what I have said about is England is frankly what you are all saying .

If you were half as good as some of you thought you were you would wouldn;t be half bad.
Ok, ok! don't get your bagpipes in a twist! Sheebo was having a pop at those of us who are astute enough to see through the hysterical media hype every time England qualify for a tournament and/or are old enough to remember all the other failures we've had when we were expected to win (i.e. every time).

The difference is we say it 'more in sorrow than in anger' whilst you waste no opportunity to gleefully point out our many shortcomings (see your post above).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok, ok! don't get your bagpipes in a twist! Sheebo was having a pop at those of us who are astute enough to see through the hysterical media hype every time England qualify for a tournament and/or are old enough to remember all the other failures we've had when we were expected to win (i.e. every time).

The difference is we say it 'more in sorrow than in anger' whilst you waste no opportunity to gleefully point out our many shortcomings (see your post above).

i was having a 'POP' at people on here who critisise England after EVERY friendly win and say it's boring and we're shit etc...

U obviously took that directed at YOU cos u no ur one of those who do that regularly?!!!:thumbsup::jester:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

and no it wouldn't have been offside cos it was such a beautiful goal it cant be offside...

Also 'that twat' as you quote is the REF and prob wouldnt give an offside - there's two 'LINESMEN' for that or 'Referee's assistants' to you

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here