Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOT on the pitch

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bollogs to that. I shall be straight on there if we win trying to get as close to the Palace scum as I can. Sounds like the only ones who won't be getting lifetime bans from the Amex and able to go to Wembley will be those in the upper tiers, so there should be penty of spare tickets for you lot for the big day.
Naturally I shall be on the park and ride bus - leaving on the 83 minute mark. It's only a game of soccer afterall*.

*not really++

++I felt obliged to point this out to any passing Palace mugs stupid enough to believe that Argus article really was from a Brighton fan.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
All this stuff about keeping the pitch fresh for training is pure tosh. They should just say: "If we win, and you go on the pitch after the match then there's a high chance that Palace will try and steam on as well, with a higher chance of fisticuffs. No one wants that. Don't be stupid. Love from Paul B x"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They said this when we won league 1 at the withdean. Remember the announcer over the tannoy saying players wouldn't come back out either but they did!

ON THE PITCH

They did. After almost everybody that would have liked to see them had given up and gone home.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There will be a pitch invasion. Sorry but it will happen. I'm Upper East so not me but if closer I would be on. It is going to happen no matter what.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If they wanted to, everyone who goes on the pitch can be identified - the CCTV in the stadium us very high resolution, and covers all of the stadium. If you go on the pitch you risk a ban.

Better resolution than the shoddy image quality of the match DVDs?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Discouraging angry pitch invasions, I can understand. But what has ever gone wrong with a celebratory pitch invasion?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Amex pitch is the same size as the Wembley pitch , if we win tonight do you want the team practising at Withdean instead because the pitch is full of divots and resembles a muddy field ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Discouraging angry pitch invasions, I can understand. But what has ever gone wrong with a celebratory pitch invasion?

... we haven't completed the job yet. If we win, we're in the final. Admittedly, I'll be DELIGHTED. But I won't be on the pitch.

Sadly, I suspect plenty of people will be, if we win. And they'll go toward the Palace fans. Which will be cringeworthy, because if there wasn't a line of police there to protect them, they'd not be so bolshy.

Ultimately, only the win matters. Nothing else. Anything that happens after it - we'll worry about it then if required. But let's just WIN.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It probably said something similar in the Watford brief too.

I agree it shouldn't happen but stopping it is another matter. Once a few start the sheep will follow.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
All this stuff about keeping the pitch fresh for training is pure tosh. They should just say: "If we win, and you go on the pitch after the match then there's a high chance that Palace will try and steam on as well, with a higher chance of fisticuffs. No one wants that. Don't be stupid. Love from Paul B x"

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here