Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOT on the pitch

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Please stay off the pitch so Sam & the lads can do a lap of honour".

Ring any bells? Let's not start debating the rights & wrongs of it now, or this thread runs the risk of making some of you look like complete tits if everything goes wrong tonight....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That's a bit silly isn't it. As much as want everything to be perfect and civil, pictures of fans streaming onto the pitch to congratulate and thank their heroes shouldn't be ones that cause the riot police to man up and the club ban anyone. We have them on a pedestal, these living legends, mostly, but these are the rare moments when we can pat them and the barriers between us are momentarily broken and the euphoria shared. That can't be seen as a bad thing surely. As a player i'd love to be mobbed and even do it like some maniacs you see, ending the season in just a pair of tight briefs.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Talking of bans - if someone gets banned for say a year but have a season ticket, do they get their st money back if they've paid for it in full?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Nabbed on the night or caught on cctv. Anyone running on the pitch will want their brains tested - not worth taking the chance of missing a trip to Wembley and potentially premier league football.

What a load of poop. They want an electric atmosphere, a sea of blue and white passionately belting out song after song to fire our lads through. But stay seated at all times and don't run on the pitch if we beat our most hated rivals to send us on to Wembley, please use your clap-banner instead. Passionate football fans are not robots, maybe we should replace them with cardboard cut-outs.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Are you telling me they are now NOT installing a zip wire from WSU so I can join in with the pitch invasion?

TINPOT

I for one shall be keeping off the pitch. After the last home play-off semifinal I ended up, soaking wet in the middle of Withdean, being KISSED by Lord Bassam.

I know. It was all a long time ago, and standards have changed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Please stay off the pitch so Sam & the lads can do a lap of honour".

Ring any bells? Let's not start debating the rights & wrongs of it now, or this thread runs the risk of making some of you look like complete tits if everything goes wrong tonight....
...is exactly what sprung to my forefront of my mind when I saw this thread.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So despite a plea from the club ( indeed Gus himself ! ) people still plan to go on the pitch :facepalm:

Can't wait for the whinging threads of "I've been banned and it's not fair" to start !

To those who plan to go on the pitch - just remember that your season tickets are proximity cards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
They said this when we won league 1 at the withdean. Remember the announcer over the tannoy saying players wouldn't come back out either but they did!

ON THE PITCH

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Official Albion propaganda via unofficial channels. The club are starting to take over NSC. Beginning of the end...

:smile:

(Note to conspiracy theorists: I'm not serious)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In all seriousness...

1. I understand that Gus is genuinely worried about damage to the pitch as, should the Albion win, it will be required for training in the lead up to the play-off final.

2. There is a genuine risk of an Amex ban to those who do go on the pitch. Is it really worth that?

Don't want to go on the pitch. We didn't even think about it at Highbury. It is only the semi-final.

Watford were premature.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So despite a plea from the club ( indeed Gus himself ! ) people still plan to go on the pitch :facepalm:

Can't wait for the whinging threads of "I've been banned and it's not fair" to start !

To those who plan to go on the pitch - just remember that your season tickets are proximity cards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've SOMEHOW managed to avoid a ban for invading the pitch at Walsall and for the Swindon, Stockport, Man City and Dagenham and Redbridge matches, I even briefly been on the pitch a couple of other times whilst standing down by the running track and a late goals gone in so I think I'll take the RISK again this evening. :facepalm:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can imagine Gus' post Wembley (if we get that far) interview now:

"We were disadvantaged because we had to train at our out-of-date training ground because the Amex pitch, which ees the same size as tha Wembley pitch, was trampled by fans.

Ees complicated
"

...or something to that effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here