Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not long now ayy (:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't particularly trust Gus's record with striker signings- Beckford in CMS out would worry me somewhat. I'd be delighted to have them both but I can't imagine we could afford both their wages.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If Beckford is going to play, would think we are a good match. He won't get ridiculous wages to sit on a Prem bench now. Needs to take a sensible top half Champ wage and prove himself worthy of a bigger deal

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would (if it happens) Beckford in and CMS out really leave us much better off overall?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I've given up on CMS ever being a success.

So we might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire but for me I can't think Beckford can be a worse option.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The striker we bring in will be to help CMS. How many times does Gus have to say it ?

Beckford and CMS together... Im not sure. But who knows.

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
What is wrong with you people? Just years ago we had an athletics field as our "stadium", and today we are saying no thanks to BECKFORD (or fboeckrd if you wish). Please, get some sense.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What is wrong with you people? Just years ago we had an athletics field as our "stadium", and today we are saying no thanks to BECKFORD (or fboeckrd if you wish). Please, get some sense.

Strange reasoning if you don't mind me saying. Indeed we did play at an athletics stadium and before that we almost went to the wall at least once. So maybe it's understandable then that some of us may feel that circa £2m and £15k per week could be spent more prudently than on a striker with a great record at league 1 standard and a vastly inferior one at any level above. We have been told by NSCers with a track record of reliability that some of the club's targets are incredibly exciting. I personally feel that Beckford falls slightly short of that and would therefore prefer the money to be spent elsewhere if that is achievable. Obviously should the club sign him then he will have my full support and I would hope he can justify your faith.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Where did you get that from :shrug: all I said was lets forget about last night game and focus on championship games ;)

hope you are not on massive wind up, need to cheer myself up after last night and a decent signing would do the trick. I guess I will just have to wait and see

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What's Beckford's heading like?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here