Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That would be telling.

Would some of this to your private bank account loosen your lips? :shrug:

800px-UK_Pounds_Sterling_3000_in_twenties.jpg

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Does that mean we are not signing Glenn Murray?

Or Mutu?

Or Raul?

Or Owen?

Or Carroll on a season long loan deal?

Or Louis Saha?

Or Carlton Cole?

Or Bobby Zamora?

Or Batistuta on a ten-year, £40m deal?

For the record, whenever I think of Beckford I get Michael Jackson's hit "Jam" stuck in my head. Not sure why.

Strange reasoning if you don't mind me saying. Indeed we did play at an athletics stadium and before that we almost went to the wall at least once. So maybe it's understandable then that some of us may feel that circa £2m and £15k per week could be spent more prudently than on a striker with a great record at league 1 standard and a vastly inferior one at any level above. We have been told by NSCers with a track record of reliability that some of the club's targets are incredibly exciting. I personally feel that Beckford falls slightly short of that and would therefore prefer the money to be spent elsewhere if that is achievable. Obviously should the club sign him then he will have my full support and I would hope he can justify your faith.

That sums it up nicely for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Could it not be a case of the OP trying to pass a dull afternoon in the style of Father Jack:

FECK! BOR(e)D!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
We need a target man - in the sense that we need someone to hold the ball up front. We don't necessarily need an aerial powerhouse as we are not a long ball team. Beckford would suit me just fine.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I think your living on the glory of a lucky guess on Crofts...... ;-)

Well you can ask the couple of mods and few other people on here who I passed the info onto.

So when everyone thought we were going to be signing C Cole and I said it wasnt going to happen but a different black player looks like he was going to come in was that just a guess to?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You don't expect the alleged signing before you get an update at the weekend? This is getting tedious, and we are unlikely to win at Hull without them. How much more of a head-start do the Club expect to give our rivals?

Relax. Our team is stronger than at this point last season. We got 16 points from our first six games then, didn't we?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Is it? Is it any stronger based upon the "feel good factor" having gone? Is it any stronger than the end of last season when we were dire? Would we have let Swindon stuff us 3-0 twelve months ago?

Yes it is. A team chosen from Kuszcack, Bridge, Bruno, Greer, El Abd, Dunk, Bridcutt, Crofts, Buckley, Lua Lua, Vicente, CMS, Barnes is a stronger team than at any stage last season. We'd all like the striker Gus so desperately wants but we're in better overall shape than last year. Enjoy what we have rather than worrying excessively over what we don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here