Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not long now ayy (:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well you can ask the couple of mods and few other people on here who I passed the info onto.

So when everyone thought we were going to be signing C Cole and I said it wasnt going to happen but a different black player looks like he was going to come in was that just a guess to?

Relax ;-) i was just kidding.

Nobody really thought we were signing Cole though did they ! ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes it is. A team chosen from Kuszcack, Bridge, Bruno, Greer, El Abd, Dunk, Bridcutt, Crofts, Buckley, Lua Lua, Vicente, CMS, Barnes is a stronger team than at any stage last season. We'd all like the striker Gus so desperately wants but we're in better overall shape than last year. Enjoy what we have rather than worrying excessively over what we don't.

Take those rose tinted glasses off mate! We have only succeeded in bringing-in players to fill the gaps left when the loan players went home. The two key problems of no midfield strength/bully/height and a decent striker who can dominate defenders and score goals, are still missing. In addition, we have still not got a decent Center-half to partner Greer. I see nothing SO FAR to make me believe we can improve upon our dire away from from earlier this year - especially without Sam Vokes' presence up front.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Take those rose tinted glasses off mate! We have only succeeded in bringing-in players to fill the gaps left when the loan players went home. The two key problems of no midfield strength/bully/height and a decent striker who can dominate defenders and score goals, are still missing. In addition, we have still not got a decent Center-half to partner Greer. I see nothing SO FAR to make me believe we can improve upon our dire away from from earlier this year - especially without Sam Vokes' presence up front.

Pork Pie Land has got to be a pretty miserable place....

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Rose tinted glasses? I think its more that you have a very negative outlook.

The only gaps that the loan signings plugged last season were the full backs and they came halfway through the season. And do you honestly believe that Mattock and Reyes are better players than Bridge and Bruno?

Kuzsack is a massive signing. Unless you think g.k is not an important position?! Or that he's no better than Ankegren or Brezovan?!!

The midfield has been boosted by Crofts.

We don't need a centre half to partner Greer. We have an excellent one in El Abd and a promising one in Dunk. And no, ElAbd ISN'T too short. Ricky Lambert is just about the biggest aerial threat you'll face in the championship. El Abd had him in his pocket.

Or a fit Will Buckley?

I don't know the stats but I'd be amazed if we failed to win a single game when Buckley wasn't in the team.

We'd all like the target man. He'd offer us a new dimenison that would make us a more formidable proposition but he's not going to turn us from a terrible team into a play off team. He'll turn us from a good team into a very good one.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

The only gaps that the loan signings plugged last season were the full backs and they came halfway through the season. And do you honestly believe that Mattock and Reyes are better players than Bridge and Bruno?

Kuzsack is a massive signing. Unless you think g.k is not an important position?! Or that he's no better than Ankegren or Brezovan?!!

We don't need a centre half to partner Greer. We have an excellent one in El Abd and a promising one in Dunk. And no, ElAbd ISN'T too short. Ricky Lambert is just about the biggest aerial threat you'll face in the championship. El Abd had him in his pocket.

I don't know the stats but I'd be amazed if we failed to win a single game when Buckley wasn't in the team.

We'd all like the target man. He'd offer us a new dimenison that would make us a more formidable proposition but he's not going to turn us from a terrible team into a play off team. He'll turn us from a good team into a very good one.

A nice breath of realism, thank you!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

oooh good post :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here