Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich fan in peace

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We have up to £2.5 million to spend in January, we have spent roughly £700k of it already so we have enough but we are also after Morrison.
Do we think we are Barcelona? Reading most of the comments on tis board you would think that you are... smh.
And we could spend that if we wanted:)

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Not really a reflection on you, just football in general, to be honest. What other industry operates on such a basis, where you can owe £16.5 million and still be talking about paying million pound fees for new players? If I owed my bank a stack of money, I doubt they'd be sitting there watching happily while I spent £50k on a new BMW. Portsmouth are the worst offenders but very few clubs have anything to be proud of.

We got in debt years ago: we ended up selling players and eventually our own stadium, leaving us playing in a fridge-infested hovel 60 miles away from home. You get in debt (to a much greater extent) and what happens? Absolutely f*** all. So you can understand our cynicism.

most people have debts. if you get a mortgage for example. the problem is when you can't afford to make your agreed repayments. and debt is far more managable for big clubs

i don't agree with clubs having it but that's the way the game is. indeed a club should be self sufficient so no sugar daddy's like bloom :wink:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can't believe people care about what debt Norwich might or might not have. :facepalm:

Fact is that they haven't bid enough for Bennett and that article is a one line quote from Lambert and a whole load of nothing else. It doesn't exactly suggest a move is imminenet does it?

I think a more pressing issue than whether Norwich City have a managable level of debt or not is do Southampton, Norwich, and a couple of others not have messageboards of their own? If they do why are we infested with so many of them on here? What compels a man to post regularly on another club's messageboard? Madness.

Hucks6

Jan 22, 2011
I'm a Norwich fan who lived in Brighton till i was 18. I have fond memories of going to the Goldstone in my teens as Brighton WAS my second team. I use the term 'was' because the last week had me thinking... some of you here need a reality check! The fact some of you think you're equal or better than Norwich is laughable at best.

OK, you got lucky and some local Seagull has bought you lot a souless football ground for 100 million. Off your own backs you'd be playing at the 'lovely' Withdean indefintely.

Are you not the same club who were sponsored by Donatello's restaurant only a few years ago? A RESTAURANT?!
You were then sponsored by that 'huge' organisation Skint?! And that was due to a Brighton fan owning them. Sponsorship is usually a good indication on how business's view your club, the bigger the club, the bigger the sponsor. Who on earth are your current sponsors?!

For the last 10 years you've been sitting in temporary stands in a stadium that has a flipping running track!! You talk about our debt? You lot managed to lose you're ground and you talk about Norwich being mismanaged!

Now over to this Bennett business.... To be honest with you i couldnt care less if we sign him or not. I just laugh at the fact that for one whole week you lot haven't been able to sleep about the possibilty of losing ONE player. You've been thinking of songs for him and all sorts. You lot don't know how to deal with interest in your players because you havent had any since Bobby Zamora!

I really don't want to be having a go at my second team but some of you lot on here are comedians to compare the two clubs. Talk about running before you can walk!
I could bang on and talk about attendances, marketing the Premiership years but i can't be bothered. I won't be posting again. I just needed to get it off my chest.

I do hope you get promoted tho... will never forget the pitch invasion against Pompey at the goldstone when I ran onto the pitch and duly ran off when the pompey fans kicked down the barriers. Happy days! Good luck.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
you wouldnt want him after todays performance,are we your feeder club???

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I'm a Norwich fan who lived in Brighton till i was 18. I have fond memories of going to the Goldstone in my teens as Brighton WAS my second team. I use the term 'was' because the last week had me thinking... some of you here need a reality check! The fact some of you think you're equal or better than Norwich is laughable at best.

OK, you got lucky and some local Seagull has bought you lot a souless football ground for 100 million. Off your own backs you'd be playing at the 'lovely' Withdean indefintely.

Are you not the same club who were sponsored by Donatello's restaurant only a few years ago? A RESTAURANT?!
You were then sponsored by that 'huge' organisation Skint?! And that was due to a Brighton fan owning them. Sponsorship is usually a good indication on how business's view your club, the bigger the club, the bigger the sponsor. Who on earth are your current sponsors?!

For the last 10 years you've been sitting in temporary stands in a stadium that has a flipping running track!! You talk about our debt? You lot managed to lose you're ground and you talk about Norwich being mismanaged!

Now over to this Bennett business.... To be honest with you i couldnt care less if we sign him or not. I just laugh at the fact that for one whole week you lot haven't been able to sleep about the possibilty of losing ONE player. You've been thinking of songs for him and all sorts. You lot don't know how to deal with interest in your players because you havent had any since Bobby Zamora!

I really don't want to be having a go at my second team but some of you lot on here are comedians to compare the two clubs. Talk about running before you can walk!
I could bang on and talk about attendances, marketing the Premiership years but i can't be bothered. I won't be posting again. I just needed to get it off my chest.

I do hope you get promoted tho... will never forget the pitch invasion against Pompey at the goldstone when I ran onto the pitch and duly ran off when the pompey fans kicked down the barriers. Happy days! Good luck.

To be fair you can't take anyone seriously on here. Most people seem to think we're going to be in Europe within 5 years and averaging 900,000 crowds. I actually like Norwich and wouldn't mind Bennett going to you. We could definately replace him with the £1 million offer. Hope you guys go up by the way.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Soulless stadium? :lol:

You f***ing imbecile.

ponsorship is usually a good indication on how business's view your club, the bigger the club, the bigger the sponsor.

American Express are stadium sponsors from next year in a multi million pound deal. :) Pretty big sponsors I would suggest.

Last edited:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

One post full of inaccurate information. We have not had any players anyone else was interested in since Zamora. What about Crofts? Can't think who signed him.

We did not manage to lose our ground, we had it sold by a board just interested in their own pockets. We have survived in the years following without going into administration like so many clubs and therefore cheating our creditors out of money.

You obviously spend alot of time on here looking at threads even if this is your first, and TBH real football fans don't have second teams. When you say you lived in Brighton until you were 18 I assume you were born in Brighton, and if this is the case why the hell would you support Norwich?

Finally how do you know our new stadium is souless, have you been their to watch a game, and experienced the atmosphere. Of course of a Norwich fan were to suddenly stump up 90 million I am sure you would turn it down, or perhaps not because then maybe you could actually afford Bennett.

Finally, F**k off.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You were then sponsored by that 'huge' organisation Skint?! And that was due to a Brighton fan owning them. Sponsorship is usually a good indication on how business's view your club, the bigger the club, the bigger the sponsor.

Norwich past sponsors
Poll Withey WHO?
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society WHO?
Digital Phone Company WHO?
Proton Cars/Lotus Cars PROTON?
ROFL.gif

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is the overriding feeling that we have been hen pecked for too long. Next season, we will finally be a club that doesn't rent a shitty little ground and will be in a position to shun advances of teams that we would ordinarily say 'take your pick, but leave someone behind'.

There is not going to be a great deal between us and a whole host of clubs that have traditionally (over the last decade or two) been way ahead of us. You fill your ground, we fill our ground, there is not going to be a huge disparity in income.

You could bang on about 'marketing the Premiership years'? What are you talking about?

Sponsorship, of course we are not going to attract a financial juggernaut whilst we have limited coverage, play in an athletics stadium and mull about in the third tier. You might not have noticed, but American Express have sponsored out stadium and I haven't the foggiest what is going on with our shirt sponsor.

As for the rest of your points, I am pretty certain we are aware that we have been a provincial side for a long time with little interest in our players and sponsored by relatively small local businesses. Thanks for the reminder though, always fun to reminisce. You could say we got lucky in unearthing a man/family (whom have been around for decades) able to pay for a new stadium, but you could also say we were unlucky to need a new ground without having the luxury of selling the old plot.

Brighton WAS my second team.

{snip}

I really don't want to be having a go at my second team

Make your mind up. It is not as difficult as trying to work out which member of the family is your father.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You obviously spend alot of time on here looking at threads even if this is your first, and TBH real football fans don't have second teams. When you say you lived in Brighton until you were 18 I assume you were born in Brighton, and if this is the case why the hell would you support Norwich?

erm...sorry mate..how does that work?

I have watched football for nigh on 40odd years and have a second team, who is my hometown team...huddersfield. Am I not a proper football fan? Secondly I only supported Brighton as we moved here 30 odd years ago.....maybe this gentleman was in the same position as I was?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
We have up to £2.5 million to spend in January, we have spent roughly £700k of it already so we have enough but we are also after Morrison.
Do we think we are Barcelona? Reading most of the comments on tis board you would think that you are... smh.

The only thing that we have in common with Barcelona is that sometimes we play like them.

As for Elliot, with all respect, do one.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Clueless from start to finish. Congratulations on a complete fail of a 1st post.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why don't you f***ing inbreds piss off

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
erm...sorry mate..how does that work?

I have watched football for nigh on 40odd years and have a second team, who is my hometown team...huddersfield. Am I not a proper football fan? Secondly I only supported Brighton as we moved here 30 odd years ago.....maybe this gentleman was in the same position as I was?

Have to say I agree entirely with you and if I moved way away and couldn't get to see my team I would still need to go and see football and would support my local team.A mate of mine does exactly this - moved from Kent where he was a Maidstone fan and now has a season ticket at Portman Road. He's never lost his love of HIS team but now has a great affection for his adopted side

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why don't you f***ing inbreds piss off

Agreed.

Always good to get the occaisional visit from other clubs fans on here, but when they go beyond 4-5 posts, quite frankly they come across as sad fuckwits who have probably bored to death the members of their own football forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here