Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich fan in peace

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Third tier are the biggest group, 20k or thereabouts on a good day, the list is endless - Norwich, Bristol City, Palace, Us at Falmer, Cardiff, Swansea, Fulham etc. etc.
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

You are a sad f*** aren't you? Why are you on a rivals football forum at 1:30am? Go to bed son.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3927359 said:
124 posts on our board suggests you have some axe to grind

Just a dick mate. I'm a sad fucker and was online untill about 5am,that's because i'm out of work and support Brighton.This idiot was still online gone 4am and already online now.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
One post full of inaccurate information. We have not had any players anyone else was interested in since Zamora. What about Crofts? Can't think who signed him.

We did not manage to lose our ground, we had it sold by a board just interested in their own pockets. We have survived in the years following without going into administration like so many clubs and therefore cheating our creditors out of money.

You obviously spend alot of time on here looking at threads even if this is your first, and TBH real football fans don't have second teams. When you say you lived in Brighton until you were 18 I assume you were born in Brighton, and if this is the case why the hell would you support Norwich?

Finally how do you know our new stadium is souless, have you been their to watch a game, and experienced the atmosphere. Of course of a Norwich fan were to suddenly stump up 90 million I am sure you would turn it down, or perhaps not because then maybe you could actually afford Bennett.

Finally, F**k off.

Have sympathies with this view, apart from the TBH real football fans don't have second teams bit. Isn't England a second team?

Too much concentration of supporting ONE team leads to the kind of warfare that Albion have paid so heavily for in the past. Some of the problems in the past were of the fans' making, as well as the directors'.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Just a dick mate. I'm a sad fucker and was online untill about 5am,that's because i'm out of work and support Brighton.This idiot was still online gone 4am and already online now.

loooooooooool i've got a stalker! yeah sorry for watching britain's greatest player since fred perry and leaving my pc on

good luck in your job hunting endeavours

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
norwich average over 10000 more than bristol city and palace. hence my amusement.
Yes, maybe this season, but not year after year after year. Can you honestly say that there is no chance of either of those two clubs averaging over 10,000 more than Norwich in 5 years time? Of course not.

Cheeky Monkey's basic assertion is right: Of the 20 Premiership places, there are about 12 or 13 places taken by the top two tiers he defines. The remaining spaces are (nearly) always taken up by any 7 or 8 clubs from the third tier he defines, who without exception would be every bit at home in division THREE as the top flight.

The only top flight teams in the past two decades who genuinely don't belong in these top three tiers he defines are probably Wimbledon and Wigan (and arguably, Blackpool).

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
well yeah it was just the 20K on a good day bit i disagreed with

bristol city are a long way off that and palace support has been dropping for years

and yes there is absolutely no chance of that happening in 5 years. we were selling out some games in league 1, almost selling out the rest and have built up a good fan base since the early 90s.

not sure about the comment that i have an axe to grind - i despise palace and want you lot to go up!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The only antagonism I ever had with a Norwich fan was over the "hand ball" in the FA Cup quarter Final when Jimmy case " helped" the ball along shall we say.

Seemly for ages afterwards we were all cheats ( everyone that lived south of the Thames I seem to recall his argument went) and Norwich somehow deserved to be in teh final more than us.

Apart from that I quite like Norwich, expecially delia's Christmas Pie when we played up there over the festive period. that was by far and away the best food I have ever had at a football match and if Falmer catering is up to that status, I will be a happy bunny

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Trust me he will not get into a midfield with Crofts, Fox, Lansbury, Surman and Hoolahan all vying for a place.

Trust me... you won't get Benno for 1M... try £2M...

Phyxius

Jan 25, 2011
(Another) Norwich fan in peace (I was linked to this post through a Norwich Forum and i'm here with the intent of hopefully putting my fellow fans straight. Albeit a daft place to have to do it.)

CanaryAdam said:
We have up to £2.5 million to spend in January, we have spent roughly £700k of it already so we have enough but we are also after Morrison.

That is an incredibly optimistic figure. The £1 million figure already touted as our bid for Bennett is probably more than we can afford and it's likely we're over stretching our budget for the big push.

Hucks6 said:
Sponsorship is usually a good indication on how business's view your club, the bigger the club, the bigger the sponsor. Who on earth are your current sponsors?!

Probably the only reason we're sponsored by Aviva is that it was rebranded from Norwich Union and the sponsorship deal was more of a gesture than anything else.
Also i disagree with bigger clubs having bigger sponsors. Just that the higher you are up the football league the more coverage the brand is likely to get.

Hucks6 said:
I just laugh at the fact that for one whole week you lot haven't been able to sleep about the possibilty of losing ONE player.

Do you not remember the absolute pandemonium caused by the rumours of Paul Lambert's possible move to Burnley? And how Norwich fans would have been devastated.

edna krabapple said:
The funny thing is, of course, that given a level playing field- ie Championship football and a decent stadium- Norwich are pretty much exactly the sort of club we will end up becoming once the infrastructure is in place.

Never going to win the Premier League but have a reasonable chance of getting up into that league occasionally, fairly well supported without ever having Newcastle, Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday levels of ticket sales, a moderate history by any definition, and very much provincial clubs. Perhaps Norwich fans might disagree, but this is how most outsiders view their club in my experience.

This is pretty much a very accurate view of Norwich. I think the achievements we have made under Paul Lambert have led to a large air of optimism about the place and that is leading some of our fans into being cockey. Like fans of all football clubs. If you're old enough to have witnessed the bad times, then it's much easier to keep your feet on the ground during the good.

As for Bennett. He's a real asset and would be a great signing for us. Exactly the type of player we're missing. We might be 3rd in the Championship but we have neither the money or stature to poach a player like Bennett. The only thing we do have is the momentum and lure of the Premier League to possibly tempt them.

Right. I'll leave you in Peace now. Hopefully when the Transfer Window shuts and Bennett is still your player, you chaps can have your forum back. But don't be too hard on my fellow Norwich fans. Always remember it could be worse. They could be Leeds fans.

EDIT - And all the best for the rest of the season.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
As for Bennett. He's a real asset and would be a great signing for us. Exactly the type of player we're missing. We might be 3rd in the Championship but we have neither the money or stature to poach a player like Bennett.

lol poach? not sure what's so wrong with a big champ side bidding for a league one player!

must be a pinkun retard. that place is full of them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As for Bennett. He's a real asset and would be a great signing for us. Exactly the type of player we're missing. We might be 3rd in the Championship but we have neither the money or stature to poach a player like Bennett.

lol poach? not sure what's so wrong with a big champ side bidding for a league one player!

must be a pinkun retard. that place is full of them.

Sir, you are a knob!

BTW I've heard that Norwich are planning to rent out some space under one of the stands, and convert it into a TV studio, so Jeremy Kyle can do his show and his subject matter and audiences do not have to travel too far!!

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
ok it's obviously totally beyond reality for any football club to bid for a player from a lower division

how f***ing dare we

i shall stop supporting norwich forthwith as i am utterly disgusted at our attempts to 'poach' other players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here