Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich after Crofts [merged]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Calderon goes and many people on here have faith that Poyet will find an equally as good or better replacement.

Why not that extend that faith in Gus in the event Crofts goes whether he sticks with hendrie/navarro/dicker/arismendi or goes for someone else? I don't think we saw the best out of hendrie and arismendi, so them staying doesn't worry me based on their performances in the last few weeks (not that hendrie's were particularly bad)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we sold him for a decent fee and replaced him with Hendrie I'd be fairly happy with that.

Hendrie is a bit of an unknown in that he probably wasn't fully fit in his loan spell, whether he ever will be is the question. If he could be then I think he'd be a lot better than Crofts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why not?

In any case there are many players I would be more upset to lose than Crofts.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I see the problem being, can we attract someone better than Crofts? £350k really isn't all that much these days.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
The risk is we start to sell too many players and we end up with 5 or 6 new starters in the team, we don't 'gel' and by christmas our season is over (again)...
I thought Crofts was a vital component of the team last season - he may be a consistent 6 or 7 out of 10 player but by being so he allows other players more freedom such as Bennett. Selling him would be a huge risk

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Crofts is a far better team player then Hendrie.I'm still not even convinced with Hendrie.He just another past it player picking up his last wages.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Why the HELL would they be after him?! He's a long way off championship standard.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The damage will all depend on whether Gus has someone lined up to replace him.

Crofts is your classic 'don't miss them until they've gone' type player, laughable to think that Hendrie could replace him as they do completely differnet jobs.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
i thought we are trying to build a team for the next step up if we let players like crofts go it will be a backward step:falmer:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The risk is we start to sell too many players and we end up with 5 or 6 new starters in the team, we don't 'gel' and by christmas our season is over (again)...
I thought Crofts was a vital component of the team last season - he may be a consistent 6 or 7 out of 10 player but by being so he allows other players more freedom such as Bennett. Selling him would be a huge risk

Nail-on-head. If we lose Crofts, any chance we had of challenging next season will decrease dramatically.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Crofts is the one player, maybe one of two if you include Bennett, that we cannot afford to lose this summer. He is absolutely pivotal to our team, which revolves around him, whether some people notice it or not.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Crofts is the one player, maybe one of two if you include Bennett, that we cannot afford to lose this summer. He is absolutely pivotal to our team, which revolves around him, whether some people notice it or not.

Go on then, how exactly is he 'pivotal' to the team? What does he bring to the table more than others for example.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The damage will all depend on whether Gus has someone lined up to replace him.

Crofts is your classic 'don't miss them until they've gone' type player, laughable to think that Hendrie could replace him as they do completely differnet jobs.
Crofts most important contribution to the team is his goals, no reason why Hendrie couldn't match that. Hendrie or plenty of other midfielders in the bottom two leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here