Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich after Crofts [merged]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we get a good offer i would happily take it. Crofts was consistant last year, but didn't do anything really special

Sums it up perfectly. Crofts is very consistently "alright".

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Saying keep Hendrie is all well and good, but his wages for the year could easily be that 350k. I'd rather have our captain back given an either or scenario.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One thing that is the "elephant in the room" in all of this is the constant rumours that Poyet's playing budget is not as great as some people seem to think it is. I do not think that this team is capable as it is of gaining promotion and therefore I wonder if Gus will look to bring in cheap foreign players to make up for this budget shortfall..possibly
To be fair, we've only had two players (Crofts & Calderòn) rumoured to interest other clubs, both of whom are getting far more revenue through the turnstiles and one is now in a higher division.

On the other hand, we've signed Painter, and hopefully we'll get KLL back too. Crofts has done a good job for us, but personally I won't worry if he leaves for a fair price because I do think he'll be fairly easily replaced by Poyet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sums it up perfectly. Crofts is very consistently "alright".

Yes, for a 3rd division player, which is where we are and have been for a while.

For Crofts, an international footballer, 3rd division is not where he wants to be to further his career

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fair enough. But as this thread (and the other) shows, opinion is MASSIVELY split as to just how important Crofts is. A LOT of people don't quite agree with you.

It's not about agreeing with ME.

It's about having some gratitude and appreciation for someone who the largest number of people who expressed an opinion thought was the best player last season.

Some people, it appears, don't feel appreciative or grateful for that work - that's up to them. The vast majority, even if he wasn't their favourite player, do.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's about having some gratitude and appreciation for someone who the largest number of people who expressed an opinion thought was the best player last season.

Some people, it appears, don't feel appreciative or grateful for that work - that's up to them. The vast majority, even if he wasn't their favourite player, do.

What are you on about?

When he plays well, I say well done,
when he is mediocre, I say he is,
when he is poor, I say he is.

What's your point?

I don't "treat" him any different to any other player. Look on the Crofts Wales Call up thread. I said "well done, deserves it."

I give him the "respect" and "gratitude" due to a consistent League One midfielder.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

What has he done wrong apart from express an opinion on the relative merits of one of our players?

He didn't really deserve the barbed "predictable" comment, IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Andrew Crofts would quite easily meet the rise in standard if he played in the Championship, and Norwich City would be a good move for him.

However, I think staying at Brighton would be an even better move for him.

He needs to prove himself at League One level first.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Stick a seven figure fee on his head, that should make them look elsewhere pretty sharpish.

It would be nice to think we could fend off these sharks for once.

If Norwich think they'll be able to chuck £200K at us and take him home then they obviously haven't dealt with Bloom. If Crofts does leave I would expect a higher fee than even Knight could achieve.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What has he done wrong apart from express an opinion on the relative merits of one of our players?

He didn't really deserve the barbed "predictable" comment, IMO.

We have history here. The Large One rates Crofts very highly. I don't rate him as highly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's from posts past.

And he didn't say it as an opinion - he claimed it as fact.

It's an internet message board. I thought it was agreed that EVERYTHING on here is opinion.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has done.

Over 200 times.

Eh? How's getting 6/10 200 times proving yourself? (JOKE!)

By proving yourself, I mean rising to the top level of league one players, before he makes the step to the Championship.

By your logic, Andrew Whing is ready for Championship football.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If Crofts goes we will miss his workrate, he is the engine of the midfield and we miss him when he's not there.

It's like when people used to slag off Dean Hammond for not doing anything, then as soon as he goes the midfield starts getting overrun, the same will happen if we lose Crofts and don't replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here