Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone won't celebrate if he scores on Sunday (according to Twitter)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Now I understand if you score against an ex team....

But not celebrating if you score against the team you support, do me a favour.

Craig you play for the Albion, your playing in the last 16 of the FA Cup you f***ing better celebrate if you notch the winner.

Am I alone in my thoughts ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Damned if you do damned if you don't, so many poeple complain theier is no loyalty in football.

It wouldn't worry me if he doesn't celebrate, I won't see if he does or doesn't anyway, and neither will most of the other 6k, until I watch it on TV the next day

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Definite show of split loyalty there and agree with you Tom Hark, could impact Gus' decision to play him

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
As long as he scores that's the main thing.

Can do what he likes after as far as I'm concerned. Scoring another one would be ideal tho.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Maybe I'm being harsh, he played really well against them at the Amex and hit the bar (I think it was him) so didn't show any signs of easing off or anything then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When he scores in front of the Albion fans at Anfield he will have to celebrate.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
As long as he scores I couldn't give a f***.

Some people being very precious here.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As long as he scores I couldn't give a f***.

Some people being very precious here.

It's just it gives off a feel that he almost may not actually WANT to score as he doesn't want to see Liverpool go out the cup. But I think you're right, too much being read into it so I retract my earlier comment

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Maybe I'm being harsh, he played really well against them at the Amex and hit the bar (I think it was him) so didn't show any signs of easing off or anything then.

Clearly a deliberate ploy to fool us all into thinking he was trying

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It's just it gives off a feel that he almost may not actually WANT to score as he doesn't want to see Liverpool go out the cup. But I think you're right, too much being read into it so I retract my earlier comment

I can understand why people may think that but he is first and foremost a professional footballer. Look at the way he played against them in the Carling Cup; he was outstanding.

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh! Guess who asked him that? I liked his reaction. He'll be respectful a bit like Jimmy Case

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No reason why he shouldn't celebrate at Anfield. Once a red, always a red but scousers expect loyalty.
He could always run towards the Kop, eyes closed, imagining he was wearing the red!
On a side note though, perhaps Gus has a few things to learn about loyalty.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He shouldn't be starting anyway unless we go with THREE wingers, Buckley & LuaLua have an end product to all their good work.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Oh my god get over yourselves. He was MOM against them at the AMEX, by a long way. He certainly didn't hold back from giving one of his best performances. If I scored against Brighton I wouldn't celebrate, in fact if I was a good enough player I'm not sure I could even play against them. Truth be told I've got more respect for him now he said this than before. He loves his club as much as we all love Brighton, get your heads out your backsides and ask yourself what you would do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here