Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brian Owen ‏[MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen
[MENTION=13018]chris[/MENTION]field25 No. But I'd expect ins and outs by 11pm Fri from what Gus was saying. More in The Argus 2moro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's weird really. Started last season really well, then in the second half he didn't do a lot. Seemed to have little in the way of end product. When he started this season against Swindon, and quite frankly stank the place out, I found myself regretting again that we didn't take the money when Cardiff offered it.

Then against Cardiff and Barnsley, he has far better games, and I'm reminded that he does have it in his locked after all. So I'd be slightly sad to see him go, but equally, I cannot imagine Poyet has waved him off with only two days left of the transfer window without having someone else lined up.

And I think LuaLua ultimately has the potential to go further in the game. And Buckley. Vicente isn't a bad replacement either.
Sums it up, nicely.
I thought Noone was better on Saturday, but then KLL came on and was so much more direct with a better end product.

I've not seen Noone consistent good, so such a long time, it's hard to get upset now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The media are already reporting a 7 figure deal.

I'd bloody hope so seeing as we turned down £1.5 million in January. Given his performance against them last week, we should be able to mug them off for another half a mill, easy :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Noone is still a better bet from an injury perspective than all of our other wingers. I hope he stays. It really irks me that we are selling to our rivals.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't Noone injured towards the end of last season? I remember early in pre-season he talked about being fit now, and injuries bothering him last year, so I don't think he was as injury free as some are suggesting.

Why wouldn't we want a like for like replacement? If we let him go, fine, but someone has come in with an offer too good to turn down. It's not the same thing. Gus likes options, and when signing a player wants things that the other players don't offer. So, a player who offers what Noone does would be wanted, as we wouldn't have that option any more.

Why let go someone who has qualities you want? Well, the aforementioned 'too good to turn down' offer, a possible replacement who offers those qualities and others, or those skills but better lined up ready to come in, maybe those qualities are optional don't mind losing them now, but if an option comes in with someone else with those qualities we might be interested if the deal is right.

mh369

Mar 4, 2009
London
I think it would have to be an offer to good to turn down for him to go. It's not as easy as just trying to replace him with someone who is 'better'. Nooney has been taught to play the Poyet way now, by getting someone new at this stage, who is to say they can adapt quickly. All the other new signings have had pre-season to get to grips with how we play.
I hope he stays!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Clearly a case of getting some funds for the striker we need. With Bridge & Bruno pushing on quite high and with Buckley and Lua Lua, its a case of prioritising what we need the most

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I see Brian Owen has tweeted that it's going to be a busy couple of days for the Albion.

Which sounds like a positive to me. That says "incoming" as well as departures. I'm sure of it :)

Harley could be on his way to Palace as the missing link.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here