Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would we be interested in an overrated petulent child whose only contribution of note against a league one club's reserve team was to get booked for a foul?

Agreed , he would have to be retrained to act like a professional footballer :lol:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Do you think Gus isn't looking to strengthen the squad then, or has somehow not seen this coming. Wingers, with everyone fit (caveat) is an area we are not weak.

And despite being right footed, Kaz does a pretty good impression of someone who can kick the ball with his left, as he did on Saturday.

The trouble is, that we need at least two, with one on the bench to come on and attack tired legs of defenders (Gus' own words). Due to persistent injuries in that area, we need cover.

Where was Wright-Phillips going when spotted at the AMEX? Could do a job, and may like to join us with his mate Bridge here and happy?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't want to lose Noone as he's great when he's in form, but that's football. He's a funny character and I bet a lot of the kids will be disappointed. I hope we use the money wisely to bring in the player that Gus wants.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think Nooney will be missed more on the training pitch and in the dressing room than he will on the pitch!

Gus must have been well aware of these developments some time ago and hopefully has a signing lined up?

He's been great for the squad and I'll be a bit sad to see him go. Wishing him well with the taffs.

Totally agree. He'sa great character. I bet Nando's Brighton will struggle.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's weird really. Started last season really well, then in the second half he didn't do a lot. Seemed to have little in the way of end product. When he started this season against Swindon, and quite frankly stank the place out, I found myself regretting again that we didn't take the money when Cardiff offered it.

Then against Cardiff and Barnsley, he has far better games, and I'm reminded that he does have it in his locked after all. So I'd be slightly sad to see him go, but equally, I cannot imagine Poyet has waved him off with only two days left of the transfer window without having someone else lined up.

And I think LuaLua ultimately has the potential to go further in the game. And Buckley. Vicente isn't a bad replacement either.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Someone behind me in the 1901 on Saturday said Cardiff had bid £2.4 mil for Noone. Not sure if that was the previous attempt, or this time. Shame to see him go, but IF (and it is a massive if) that is true it is, as they say, a no-brainer...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've thought for a while that we could also see Calde further forward this season - potentially gives us extra cover on the right hand side. We're not exactly short of wide players so I suppose if the squad needs to be thinned out before more come in, Gus didn't have much choice with that sort of money on the table. Sorry to see him go though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see Brian Owen has tweeted that it's going to be a busy couple of days for the Albion.

Which sounds like a positive to me. That says "incoming" as well as departures. I'm sure of it :)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I see Brian Owen has tweeted that it's going to be a busy couple of days for the Albion.

Which sounds like a positive to me. That says "incoming" as well as departures. I'm sure of it :)

This may be the trigger for a lot of activity.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Will Gus replace him with like for like or will he use the Money on a striker ? Do we need another winger ? With Buckley, Lua Lua, Vicente and I think if we really struggled you could probably play Calderon in there for the short term ?
Also with a full backs being as flair as they are, they will get forward a lot more than last season.
Shame though I do like Nooney

Play Bruno on the wing and calderon at right back.... If we get decent money for noone and a striker in with the cash would be happy with that. Would have sold him for the reported 1.5 million last year.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

I think its been a busy August in general which doesnt mean we are guarenteed.

Here's hoping. I'm sure we will get a couple now

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bennett back would solve everything being able to play centrally or wide. Would be bit odd after getting Crofts back too but I'd be extatic (sp) if we could pull that off! With him, Vicente and Crofts in the midfield, plus the 2 wingers, I don't think we'd need more than Barnes and CMS up front as could happilly play with only 1 striker when one injured/suspended with that many goals from midfield. Remember Vicente playing as a false 9 this season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lua Lua and Buckley are often injured so we will need a replacement for Noone, not just the must sought after striker. I hope Nooney stays.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I know Buckley and Kaz are injury prone... However when they are both fit and Vicente is fit Noone is a bench player at best.

If it means strengthening in the right areas it's worth it

Also Noone was injured for pretty much the second half of last season so it's not like is hasn't had injury problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here