Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What makes you say KING KAZENGA is finding the NPC tough? From where I'm sitting, he gets very few opportunities and is often used for no more than 10 or 20 minutes but constantly causes havoc, puts in dangerous crosses, sets up goals and is capable of scoring. It was quite noticeable that both Hull and Cardiff immediately sent two men to mark him when he came on in those matches. That means they're obviously taking him seriously, and I've never seen anyone do that for Noone.

Actually you're right. He's a different player now. But he's still a BEAST nonetheless.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Please don't sell him, I think he's a massive talent and adds so much to our squad

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think it would be a fair deal all round if he goes for £1m plus. I think he has struggled for consistency for the last year and needs a lot more work on his final ball. That said, i will still be sorry to see him go and hope we use the money wisely.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Noone always flatters to deceive in my opinion. The amount of times he cuts in when playing on the right, makes space for himself and then...........well you know what happens next. Hard working lad though.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Noone always flatters to deceive in my opinion. The amount of times he cuts in when playing on the right, makes space for himself and then...........well you know what happens next. Hard working lad though.
He's the Dean Cox of today. Top bloke, good for the dressing room and with the fans but more often than not a poor end product. For more than a million it's a no brainier.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Anything over or around £1.5m should be accepted. Add that to the striker kitty and we get to see KLL doing backflips all over the Amex again!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bloom is an astute businessman, he certainly hasnt invested to make a loss. The £100m he spent on the stadium is a capital asset he could one day sell if he chose to. It's not just an outright expense.
He's spent well over £100m, and if he wanted to sell he wouldn't get his money back. Yes he's a good businessman, but that doesn't mean he expects to make a profit when he buys a car. He's spent his money on Brighton because he wanted to, and there's no evidence to suggest he wants to make a profit from it. Given that he's not charging interest on the loan, he is making a loss compared to investing the money elsewhere.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't his debut a Tuesday night game at Withdean?

I'm sure it was Exeter away, but I have been known to be wrong. I think he came off the bench as well. I remember Ashley Barnes winner clearly though, quality.

It was away to Exeter on a Monday: Brighton and Hove Albion | Match | Report | 03 January 2011, Exeter 1 - 2 Brighton Ashley Barnes the super sub who helped us win 2-1.

On the other hand, Nooney has hamstrings that appear to work!

Not always Noone back in top gear for Albion From The Argus)

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
If u let him go we need a replacement by fri and who is out there, available and wants to come?? I love Buckley but he isn't gonna play 46 games a season as seems prone to injury and KLL I am starting to think is never going to be more than an impact player due to what seems a lack of intelligence on pitch. In Gus we trust!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I rate Noone highly and will be very dissapointed to see him go.

However we are in more urgent need of another striker, so If that money is used well on another quality front man I will be pleased.

Nooney will no doubt get more money and will be a lot nearer home.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Genuinely gutted...met him once and was a top bloke and a good player for us. Up until Barnsley game, squad depth has been quenstionable...when ever have we had none, lua lua, vicente and buckley fit...it doesnt happen. Nooney even started ahead of lua lua on Sat. Just think he is (was) a good player for us and sad to see him go. Just dont think we have the dept to let him go. Harley, Vincelot or Sparrow all squad players but I guess no one wants to buy them. We desperately wanted a striker but now - christ - gus, put the basket down and go get a trolley cos you need to fill it! I know Gus has always said everyone has their price, and this is fair enough but just hope it doesnt come back and to haunt him - especially if Cardiff are up there agaisnt us and espeially if Gus doesnt add to the squad, through signings or loans...Grrr”

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If u let him go we need a replacement by fri and who is out there, available and wants to come?? I love Buckley but he isn't gonna play 46 games a season as seems prone to injury and KLL I am starting to think is never going to be more than an impact player due to what seems a lack of intelligence on pitch. In Gus we trust!

Why do we need a replacement by Friday? Kaz is fit, Buckley,Vicente and Toby on the bench. Then if need be we get a loan player till January. SWP not in the first team and could be a good short-term loan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
when ever have we had none, lua lua, vicente and buckley fit...it doesnt happen.
True, but we wouldn't use them all in one game if they were fit. If we were playing 4 in midfield, we'd often only want one on the pitch at a time. If two of the remaining three can be fit at any one time that should do us.
Nooney even started ahead of lua lua on Sat.
Kaz is returning from injury, he's not fully fit yet. Also, if Gus were looking to sell Noone, it would help the fee if he were playing.
Just think he is (was) a good player for us and sad to see him go.
Of course, but we want another striker more, and need the money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's spent well over £100m, and if he wanted to sell he wouldn't get his money back.

I'm not so sure. 20,000 season ticket holders (inc 3000+ corporate) who hoover up pies and beer like there's no tomorrow makes us a good bet. At first I thought it was an act of altruism; now Bloom's money looks like a very smart investment.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I'm slightly disappointed Noone is leaving, however the reported deal of anything between £1m - £1.5m would represent good business.

Noone's form as others have mentioned did slip alarmingly last season and I'm not sure that if we did go up, he would be good enough. My only concern is that KLL is quite injury prone as is Buckley and Vicente. Not sure about Orlandi........ is he an improvement on Noone? If not, then we shouldn't be considering him.

Buckley KLL and Vicente although very good are all also very fragile,Noone though very slight appears to be almost bomb proof if he goes we will need to replace him with another reliable winger of equal or better ability,what will the replacement cost:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here