Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone to Cardiff - ** Confirmed **

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm slightly disappointed Noone is leaving, however the reported deal of anything between £1m - £1.5m would represent good business.

Noone's form as others have mentioned did slip alarmingly last season and I'm not sure that if we did go up, he would be good enough. My only concern is that KLL is quite injury prone as is Buckley and Vicente. Not sure about Orlandi........ is he an improvement on Noone? If not, then we shouldn't be considering him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I rate Nooney, ever since I saw his debut at Exeter. Blistering pace, loves to run at defences & he DOES have the ability to play a killer pass, not just a cross & hope merchant. Never forget the Donny game & that sublime ball he put through for Will Buckley for "that goal".

I know this doesn't necessarrily make him a better player, but it's great that he seems to love being here & playing for us. I hope he stays & proves the usual doom mongers wrong. Nooooney!

Too late for that, he's already had his medical at Cardiff.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I rate Nooney, ever since I saw his debut at Exeter. Blistering pace, loves to run at defences & he DOES have the ability to play a killer pass, not just a cross & hope merchant. Never forget the Donny game & that sublime ball he put through for Will Buckley for "that goal".

I know this doesn't necessarrily make him a better player, but it's great that he seems to love being here & playing for us. I hope he stays & proves the usual doom mongers wrong. Nooooney!

Wasn't his debut a Tuesday night game at Withdean?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Very worried by this Orlandi rumour, he has played 43 games in FIVE years. With Buckley, Vicente and Lua Lua we would have THE most injury prone wingers in the entire football league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You have to accept Kazenga plays ON THE EDGE. It's all totally wild and reckless. I accept four times out of five his shots will threaten the roof of the stand more than they will the roof of the net, but when he gets it right it's a f***ing TREAT. Same with his crossing. It can be a bit unpredictable, but he beats defenders so easily that he always gets ample chances to put the ball in the box. Also, when he gets it right, he's capable of putting unplayable balls across the box. Noone just seems totally average in every department. He can't beat players anywhere near as easily as Kazenga and his crossing is more consistently poor.
lol..it was a comment about his crossing over a short period....not my overal opinion about the player...i'm gonna sit on my hands next time (said with smiley face)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he goes it will be recorded as an undisclosed fee no doubt. I am not sure part of me says take the money another part says he has the ability to set The Championship alight.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Very worried by this Orlandi rumour, he has played 43 games in FIVE years. With Buckley, Vicente and Lua Lua we would have THE most injury prone wingers in the entire football league.

Exactly. We should be signing another winger, not letting one go. Also, Noone is only 24 and can still improve so I can't understand letting him go if we are going to replace him with someone in their late 20's. The more I think about it, the less it makes sense.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Wasn't his debut a Tuesday night game at Withdean?

I'm sure it was Exeter away, but I have been known to be wrong. I think he came off the bench as well. I remember Ashley Barnes winner clearly though, quality.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Excellent ball control, dribbling skills but abysmal at crossing which is rather key in his position. I for one would love to see KLL start regularly

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You have to accept Kazenga plays ON THE EDGE. It's all totally wild and reckless. I accept four times out of five his shots will threaten the roof of the stand more than they will the roof of the net, but when he gets it right it's a f***ing TREAT. Same with his crossing. It can be a bit unpredictable, but he beats defenders so easily that he always gets ample chances to put the ball in the box. Also, when he gets it right, he's capable of putting unplayable balls across the box. Noone just seems totally average in every department. He can't beat players anywhere near as easily as Kazenga and his crossing is more consistently poor.

On the other hand, Nooney has hamstrings that appear to work!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I really think this is clearly freeing up funds to sign a top class striker. I'm sure Poyet would love to keep Kaz, Buckley and Noone but within the budget he has to prioritise and can't cover for every eventuality or injury, and if they're all fit would they all be in the match squad? No. and who would miss out? Noone based on the back end of last season, and rightly so in my book based on the merits of all three.

Is CMS being groomed as wide cover if absolutely needed?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Too late for that, he's already had his medical at Cardiff.

From the Cardiff City Board

CRAIG NOONE is set to become Cardiff City's ninth signing of the summer after Malky Mackay swooped for the Brighton flier.

Wideman Noone had been the subject of a bid from the Bluebirds in January only for the Seagulls to hold onto to the 24-year-old.

But Mackay has returned to land his man as he looks to put the finishing touches to his impressive squad-building.

Noone is understood to have undergone a medical on Wednesday afternoon after a fee was agreed between the Championship rivals and is likely to go straight into contention for Cardiff's clash with Wolves on Sunday once the deal is completed.

Mackay had tabled bids of up to £1m to try and sign the Liverpool-born ace eight months ago only to see Brighton boss Gus Poyet cling onto the former roofer's services.

But with Cardiff keen to add to their numbers before the transfer window shuts on Friday, Mackay was determined to ensure he succeeded second time around as he looks to utilise Noone's pace from wide in his new-look City side.

Agree there is nothing conclusive but...

If Nooney goes I will be sad about that. He has given us many 'thrills' and some disappointments but, if he does go, I for one wish him all the best.

TOP BLOKE !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the Cardiff City Board

CRAIG NOONE is set to become Cardiff City's ninth signing of the summer after Malky Mackay swooped for the Brighton flier.

Wideman Noone had been the subject of a bid from the Bluebirds in January only for the Seagulls to hold onto to the 24-year-old.

But Mackay has returned to land his man as he looks to put the finishing touches to his impressive squad-building.

Noone is understood to have undergone a medical on Wednesday afternoon after a fee was agreed between the Championship rivals and is likely to go straight into contention for Cardiff's clash with Wolves on Sunday once the deal is completed.

Mackay had tabled bids of up to £1m to try and sign the Liverpool-born ace eight months ago only to see Brighton boss Gus Poyet cling onto the former roofer's services.

But with Cardiff keen to add to their numbers before the transfer window shuts on Friday, Mackay was determined to ensure he succeeded second time around as he looks to utilise Noone's pace from wide in his new-look City side.

Agree there is nothing conclusive but...

If Nooney goes I will be sad about that. He has given us many 'thrills' and some disappointments but, if he does go, I for one wish him all the best.

TOP BLOKE !

isent tht word for word from that online site

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here