Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-friends of the Albion: Habens Carter Estate Agents

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some estate agents are very good, Graham Farthing of Austin Gray is the best estate agent in the town imho. I used to be HC mortgage advisor for a year and found Tony to be a decent bloke, I do not think it is right to slag him off and post this sort of info no matter how hard done by you feel without redress to him, I hope you have some good lawyers

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Estate agents in general cannot be taken seriously as a professional whilst they continually refuse to be regulated like very other tom dick and harry especially as they are dealing with the biggest asset you are ever likely to have, its no suprise even after a damning report last year after 2 years of watching them the Labour government did sod all as they get massive monies from stamp duty and need a strong and active housing market. They are open to corruption and rife to abuse as there is no meaningful watchdog to bring them in line, I do not take them seriously as a professional whilst anyone can do it without qualifications, training or regulation, having said that there are some great agents , now the market is turning they will have to work a lot harder for their money but they have had a good run for 10 years so I do not feel too sorry for them

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Houses sell themselves in Brighton. Estate agent has to do nothing other than stick a photo in that Latest Homes wank mag (notice how all the copies by Preston Park station are grabbed by commuters who want to see how much their property has gone up in price this week) and some Londoner will buy it for a 5% return on his investment. They deserve each other.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Yeha, yeah.......like when an agent does sell for you I wonder if you say......seeing as the previous sale fell through here is some money to cover some of your aborted costs?? Thought not.

Pay your solicitor in full for any abortive work??

If an estate agent can't make money in the current climate, they really should consider another career!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:ohmy: i'm using them for my conveyancing at the moment !! anything i should know about please pm me....

All I can tell you is that they owe us a sizable amount of money and they do not seem to have the ability to pay it. This debt is not contested, we have a letter from Tony Carter stating he owes it. A court has ruled in our favour, and in absense of Tony Carter who did not respond to the court correspondance. The bailiffs have been instructed to seize items to the value of the debt.

Read into this what you want but I would not want to work with a business which owes money, and whose 'proprieter' has stopped communicating not only with debtors but also with the courts. Avoiding his customers is one thing, but ignoring court correspondance makes me think something more serious is happening with the business.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree but is it appropriate to state this on a football internet forum without the guy being given a chance to have his say on the matter ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
not really right though Piers, he should have been allowed right to his say when the thread started not after a lot of mud was slung, cannot comment on the case but its a common rule a man has the right to defend himself

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
not really right though Piers, he should have been allowed right to his say when the thread started not after a lot of mud was slung, cannot comment on the case but its a common rule a man has the right to defend himself

Not sure there is any mud being slung, the guy has admitted to the debt in a court, so no libel or slander going on.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Houses sell themselves in Brighton. Estate agent has to do nothing other than stick a photo in that Latest Homes wank mag (notice how all the copies by Preston Park station are grabbed by commuters who want to see how much their property has gone up in price this week) and some Londoner will buy it for a 5% return on his investment. They deserve each other.

Or in my case with Wyatts, no need for them to market the place at all; just phone up one of their friendly "investors" who will drag out the process until you need a quick sale, then try & get you to drop the price by 10 grand before they exchange. Then when you've told the time wasting c*nt to go f*** himself, you have to fork out for a bridging loan so you don't lose your new place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Correct Piers. Tony Carter was given ample opportunity to not only explain his actions to me but also to Brighton court. He failed at every opportunity.

Personally I would love him to tell my why....and this is something we have tried doing many a time. Nothing I have written here is libelous. It is all fact. Further, if he ever does cross my path and tell me why......I will happily publish his comments.

D

Deleted User X18H

you see this is real life, what I do is just old bollocks aimed at people who hide behind user names, can you see the distinction?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont say I didnt tell you. Habens Carter is in the process of going under. There are numerous warrants out on Anthony Carter, wages are owed to staff and the shop is now in the process of being taken over by another company. He owes money left right and centre apparently.

Get out now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats as may be but I don't think its fair to have this thread without letting him have a chance to defend himself as he probably does not know this thread exists. I am also suprised the mods have allowed this thread to carry on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thats as may be but I don't think its fair to have this thread without letting him have a chance to defend himself as he probably does not know this thread exists. I am also suprised the mods have allowed this thread to carry on.

He has had ample opportunity to defend himself in court but he choose to ignore this every time. The Brighton courts found in our favour the first time round and for every subsequent spurious appeal he made.

I think it is very fair for me to advise people that if they have any money tied up with this chap to pull out now.

Do you have to notify a player or manager that you are about to start a thread on them to allow them an opportunity to defend themselves? No.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You may well be right but normally I like to see both sides of an argument and then draw a conclusion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You may well be right but normally I like to see both sides of an argument and then draw a conclusion.

We all do, but in reality this is often difficult to produce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here