Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-friends of the Albion: Habens Carter Estate Agents

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
:eek:
To be honest that sounds like most Estate Agents!

Too true. If you want a tip from me, I'd say NEVER use Wyatts. I had a nightmare with them.
f*** it, never use estate agents if you can get it done yourself. Robbing bastards.
Another tip; a friend of mine had a right ordeal with Arscott's solicitors, so I wouldn't touch them either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Estate Agents promise you everything at the beginning , when they cant sell your house after 4 weeks they suddenly lose interest and are chasing commissions on more recent instructions. I would NEVER recommend using Halifax to anybody , based on them screwing things up when we tried to sell the (previous) house in 2003.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I remember Halifax very nearly bollocking up the sale of my flat 3 days before we were due to exchange. The couple buying it had asked, right at the start, whether the lease permitted animals since they had a dog. The Halifax (who I'd bought through and who had the mortgage on it so knew all the terms and conditions of the lease) breezily assured the vendors that they were sure this wouldn't be a problem. Fortunately, their solicitor (who hadn't known of the existence of the dog) took the vendors through the contract paragraph by paragraph just before exchange and discovered that that animals were not permitted unless all the other leaseholders, including the bloke in the shop below the flats, agreed. This agreement to be provided in writing and witnessed! Fortunately, my solicitor was able to draft the required letter and send someone round to get the required approvals in person. Approvals which, luckily, were forthcoming. Otherwise weeks of work and loads of money would have gone down the pan just because the Halifax couldn't be arsed to check the facts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember Halifax very nearly bollocking up the sale of my flat 3 days before we were due to exchange. The couple buying it had asked, right at the start, whether the lease permitted animals since they had a dog. The Halifax (who I'd bought through and who had the mortgage on it so knew all the terms and conditions of the lease) breezily assured the vendors that they were sure this wouldn't be a problem. Fortunately, their solicitor (who hadn't known of the existence of the dog) took the vendors through the contract paragraph by paragraph just before exchange and discovered that that animals were not permitted unless all the other leaseholders, including the bloke in the shop below the flats, agreed. This agreement to be provided in writing and witnessed! Fortunately, my solicitor was able to draft the required letter and send someone round to get the required approvals in person. Approvals which, luckily, were forthcoming. Otherwise weeks of work and loads of money would have gone down the pan just because the Halifax couldn't be arsed to check the facts.

It is one thing when an Estate Agent gives you a shoddy service...something else when you have to sue the f**ker to get back money which is, by their own admission, yours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why in particular are they 'non-friends' of the Albion?

Dealt with a lady called Ruby from HC back in the 90's and she was very nice.

Firstly, I simply used the 'non-friends' thing as a play on the 'Friends of the Albion' business directory.

You might have had a good experience with them back in the 90s but something seems to have gone awry recently. Hence a court order has been issued against Tony Carter. We also got our solicitor to look into a variety of other areas of the business and things were found to be lacking across the board.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm glad Estate Agents are having a tough time. Robbing bastards. They have had it to good for too long.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I bought my flat from Wyatts never had a problem. Just to even things up like.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I once took Habens Carter to the small claims court.....and won
The ****s still took ages to pay up

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not every Estate Agent is a tosser. That one up Hanover near the codfather chip shop are top people (and Albion fans)

And my mate has just started his own estate agency business Brand Vaughan in Kemptown. He will give you a tip top service.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Am awfully sorry. Thought you were used to that kind of language after spending your saturday with those two evil racists.

I heard much worse coming from the bloke standing next to me. He who aspires to high ejection levels like those two racists.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
surely anyone who aspires to be a mod, would know a persons surname starts with a CAPTIAL letter, those of us who haven't reached such a level would not !!!!
Surely those proposing to have superior intellect would know that a sentence should start with a capital. Exclamation marks should not have a space before them either.

Oh, and your comma is serving no grammatical function, therefore is not needed.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I'm glad Estate Agents are having a tough time. Robbing bastards. They have had it to good for too long.

Yeha, yeah.......like when an agent does sell for you I wonder if you say......seeing as the previous sale fell through here is some money to cover some of your aborted costs?? Thought not.

Pay your solicitor in full for any abortive work??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here