Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-friends of the Albion: Habens Carter Estate Agents

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you are buying or selling or letting a property with these people you will be very wise to look elsewhere. They seem to be having financial problems.

The proprieter Tony Carter has just had a court order served on him for failure to pay a sizable amount of rental income which Habens Carter were collecting through the lettings arm of the business. Further, he has not responded directly or inderectly to any of the courts correspondance. I understand the bailiffs will be going round within 5 days.

D

Deleted User X18H

Tony Carter is a distant relative and owns a couple of planes out at Shoreham........................this may be true can I ask how you might know such things???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know, he juggles 'running' his estate agency with being a commercial pilot. How do I know.....part of the order against him involves money he owes me.

D

Deleted User X18H

he's a bit of a twat.....shame though he inherited the business from his father.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Habens Carter had my old flat on the market. 1 bed basement flat, Hamilton Road. What they won't tell you is that there is zero storage, drug dealers one side, flat above is a recluse whose garden grows into yours as she does f*** all to it, top flat is a buy to let merchant so you get a new bunch of noisy students every 3-6 months. The litter from the whole street, (of which there is plenty) ends up down your steps. The damp is a constant battle as it's a basemnet.
How much are they asking. 185,500 quid!!!!
Now if some mug pays that then they must be sooo desperate to be beside the seaside.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he's a bit of a twat.....shame though he inherited the business from his father.

A bit of a twat? He owes my partner a lot of money and after initially sending a fax to our solicitor owning up to, and apologising for, the banking error he then went to ground. As I said he has totally ignored all of the courts correspondance and a court order has now been issued. He also left himself open to being personally sued (we are suing him not the business) which is preferable than suing the business (we know about the planes and his day job, the time he spends in Malta and stuff).

Whichever way you look at it he is having difficulty with paying his business debts but he seems to have a few bob in his personal pocket. Make of that what you will.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
....but correct.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Forgive it for me to butt in on this lively conversation, but if you have court orders out against someone then NSC is probably the last place to discuss such matters, lest comments made in jest are seen to conflict with the case.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Forgive it for me to butt in on this lively conversation, but if you have court orders out against someone then NSC is probably the last place to discuss such matters, lest comments made in jest are seen to conflict with the case.

Nice to be given the nod tho eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I disagree. Nothing here conflicts with the case in hand. It is a simple matter of him owning up to, and failing to pay money he owes. Nothing which has been written here will change that. A court has ruled in our favour. End of issue really.

I have also been quite careful to only state material facts. If he has issue with anyone calling him a twat then bring him on for round two.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...in fact it would be nice to actually see him again.

D

Deleted User X18H

ask Paul Valley :laugh:
surely anyone who aspires to be a mod, would know a persons surname starts with a CAPTIAL letter, those of us who haven't reached such a level would not !!!!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Habens Carter had my old flat on the market. 1 bed basement flat, Hamilton Road. What they won't tell you is that there is zero storage, drug dealers one side, flat above is a recluse whose garden grows into yours as she does f*** all to it, top flat is a buy to let merchant so you get a new bunch of noisy students every 3-6 months. The litter from the whole street, (of which there is plenty) ends up down your steps. The damp is a constant battle as it's a basemnet.
How much are they asking. 185,500 quid!!!!
Now if some mug pays that then they must be sooo desperate to be beside the seaside.

To be honest that sounds like most Estate Agents!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Why in particular are they 'non-friends' of the Albion?

Dealt with a lady called Ruby from HC back in the 90's and she was very nice.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd think its a tough time for estate agents all over at the moment - people seem to be expecting/predicting a slump in the market - our local EA said his sales at the moment are non existant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here