Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-fanatics buying season tickets

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
What do you mean 'Where have all these people come from' . I think you'll find the vast majority were around, and, have always been around. Just because they weren't season ticket holders at withdean doesn't mean they have suddenly arrived from outer space. I know loads of amex ST holders who have been Albion fans all their lives but not withdean holders. These same supporters were also regulars at the Goldstone. They also know what it means to be a Brighton fan. So don't you worry about the 'atmosphere' because I'm sure they'll blend in well.

This!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Since we've moved to the Falmer there has been a sale of 17,000 season tickets - that's more than Leeds have sold. Where have all these people come from? They weren't around in League One

These people will kill the famous Brighton atmosphere with their prawn sandwiches and jester hats in true NF style - agree?

FKTS

How on earth would MORE people kill the atmosphere ? Do you know all of them already and thus know they are sit on their hands fans ? What a weird post !!!

Oh well - at least I can neg you for such a daft statement :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
30k gates in the 60s when Bobby Smith joined us from 'Spurs'.....playing alongside Jack Smith and co.......fantastic atmosphere........it will come again just wait a couple of years till the cement dust has settled.

Well quite, there will not be that many fans left that were there in those times and those that will be at the Amex are not the most likely to be bouncing in the north stand leading the singing.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
How on earth would MORE people kill the atmosphere ? Do you know all of them already and thus know they are sit on their hands fans ? What a weird post !!!

Oh well - at least I can neg you for such a daft statement :)

I will second that, Westdene Seagull

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I hold my hands up. I have had to re-read your post but I am a Non Fanatical Brighton Supporter. I am/was a ST holder at Goldstone, Withdean and now Falmer but not fanatical. My wife and family comes first, never been to a Boxing Day match and rarely on my kids Birthdays, they are more important to me. Do I love my team and support them, Do I travel the country on away days, Am I excited at seeing my BHA back home and will I get a bit emotional, I GUARANTEE IT.

Have to agree with majority your post is weird.

Last edited:

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
In my younger days, living in Lancing, I used to go to nearly every home game at The Goldstone. Then I started playing football on a Saturday instead. In 1993 I was made redundant and ended up moving to Bristol for work, which made going to home games a tad more difficult (and vastly more expensive). In recent years, I have done about a dozen (mainly) away and homes games every season. I am now (very proud to be) one of the "new" season tickets holders, but I have been a fan since I was about 12 years old. I am sure I am not the only "exile" who will be making long journeys to see home games this season.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Since we've moved to the Falmer there has been a sale of 17,000 season tickets - that's more than Leeds have sold. Where have all these people come from? They weren't around in League One

These people will kill the famous Brighton atmosphere with their prawn sandwiches and jester hats in true NF style - agree?

FKTS

Only the 1st week of school holidays,christ its gonne be a long 6 weeks,rather than talking shite,get your wank sock out, again...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I was thinking about the possible format of a questionnaire for those who may wish to be ‘considered’ for a season ticket for the Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

Perhaps it could include the following :

“Now it should be appreciated that the club, nor it’s agent North Stand Chat, will not accept applications from anyone who is unable to provide written evidence that their great grandparents always were supporters of Brighton and Hove Albion FC. Any application must be supported by the countersignature of those great grandparents together with supporting documentation. This with the proviso that great grandparents who predeceased prior to 1901 will automatically be debarred as prior to formation of the club.

If you were not a season ticket holder at the Withdean Stadium, season ticket membership will not be considered for you unless you have written evidence, backed up by an affidavit sworn in front of a solicitor, that you have tried beyond all reasonable doubt to have obtained one of the 3500 or so season tickets which were available for the said BHAFC during their tenure of the Withdean Stadium.

Failure to provide any of the above will render your application invalid, in which case, it is suggested that you try Crystal Palace or Portsmouth Football Clubs who will welcome your application! “

What are we like ! Alternatively, can’t we just welcome everyone who has purchased a season ticket, and others who will purchase match day tickets for the Amex, as these are the fans who will safeguard the future of the club at a level which we all ‘wished’ for but could not have realistically expected !

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
some people like myself have been fans for years, but never could get a ST at the withdean. Now thanks to Falmer, i have been able to get one... Happy Days

Same here and there are plenty more about im sure. Im sure there would be plenty moaners about if there were only 7000 st holders at amex. Cant have it all

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Anyone buying a season ticket and committing themselves to attending 23 games this season at The Amex will be a fan. It doesn't even matter whether a few are converted Palace fans - most people make at least one big mistake in their lives and end up repenting for their past sins. The real losers are Palace fans who don't convert to supporting a superior team that plays attractive football. Don't forget Steve Coppell got us promoted and I saw him at several marches alomg the seafront in support of our camapain to get a stadium at Falmer. Its never too late to become an Albion fan and enter the kingdom of heaven.

Paul at Pearly Gates:

"Which team do you support?"

"Palace" - "****" off"

"The Albion" - "That'll do nicely"

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Not sure how you can begrudge 11,000 new ST holders. The more young supporters the better. I'd have got one if i was on the right side of the north sea.

The acoustics in the amex means one stand in there will make more sound than the whole of Withdean did on a good day.

Saying that, i hope when they fill in the corners they make sure a lot of those seats go to fans who buy on a game to game basis and can only make a few games a year, if that. Like me!

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex

FKTS

Hi KBEES. Fantatics do indeed know the score. WACCOE.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
too right shoulder to shoulder on the east terrace on our way to the old 1st division where were they when we were in the 4th
Goldstone, 1970s-80s.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
In my younger days, living in Lancing, I used to go to nearly every home game at The Goldstone. Then I started playing football on a Saturday instead. In 1993 I was made redundant and ended up moving to Bristol for work, which made going to home games a tad more difficult (and vastly more expensive). In recent years, I have done about a dozen (mainly) away and homes games every season. I am now (very proud to be) one of the "new" season tickets holders, but I have been a fan since I was about 12 years old. I am sure I am not the only "exile" who will be making long journeys to see home games this season.

I got disillusioned at the end of the Goldstone era, having been season ticket holder in North stand then West stand at the Goldstone, following the Albion all over the country. I work shifts / weekends so a season ticket not sensible option but will get to as many games as possible. The club need all the supporters they can get in order to keep moving forward, no matter what their supporting history. Too many people on NSC up their own arses regarding "new" supporters.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I would stop worrying bout Sth's and where they came from. Think about it, whos gonna commit to paying for every home game yet have no interest in the club? Ive supported the albion since 1984 yet is first time ive bought a season ticket. Its only a few businessmen in corporate seats that maybe dont. Ive been at the goldstone with 25000+ in the 80's these people pre withdean arent all dead you know it wasnt that long ago. Now with a lovely new stadium we can attract another generation of youngsters in the east stand too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here