Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-fanatics buying season tickets

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These people will kill the famous Brighton atmosphere with their prawn sandwiches and jester hats in true NF style - agree?

FKTS

So you didn't go in the days when we had average crowds of 23,000 odd? So no I don't agree :rolleyes:

Where are you sitting? I need to know where to lob my prawn sarnie crusts :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whilst the OP is clearly on a windup or plain odd, there is one thing I find confusing. Four people in this thread have indicated that they were 'not able' to have a ST previously because of Withdean. There were plenty to go round after the expansion, so don't quite understand their point.

juanpablotheseagul

Mar 8, 2011
For goodness sake, lets celebrate our amazing season ticket sales, welcome new fans, whether they are returning or genuine new fans who wish to support the club!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
with the prospect of having 30,000 seats in the future, that will take a lot of selling to fill most weeks so any "new" fans that come is a blessing, what would these people rather have, the stadium less than half full of "proper fans"?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
See Dave's post above

No argument there - the DD is very welcome. That wasn't a flaw OF Withdean though - more a change in policy. Are these people all claiming they would have had ST at Withdean, had the DD option been available??

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
being brought up with a big family of arsenal fans as my dad and old siblings grew up in and around islington and ive never really been able to get to many games as a kid (since age of 8 when we moved to brighton) but now being 20 im able to afford my 1st season ticket im also taking my younger brother, who has rejected arsenal and choose to follow and be a brighton fan like me .... so question is my brother and myself, classed as one of these people killing the good old brighton atmosphere or are we infact the future generation which i pretty sure alot of fans are going to be youngens like myself, im sure there is the odd hundred maybe even a couple of 1000' "fake fans" out there but i bet most of them are taking young kids who going to want to be brighton fans in the future and go to home games instead of being a liverpool, man u, or arsenal fan and never going to watch a game!

If you have taken the decision that you want to support Brighton, then in my eyes you are a Brighton fan.
I don't particularly care when you made that decision - whether it was fifty years ago or last week, you are a Brighton fan.
Make some noise and enjoy the football!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Some people need to get a grip. Fed up with non season ticket holders from the past being seen as plastic fans. Some people have to work saturdays, i have missed soo much over the last few years due to work commitments. Now we have moved to the Amex i have quit the job i had before so i no longer have to work saturdays. I shall be there week in week out, Although to some i will still be a plastic fan :annoyed:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Is the OP's moan (if it's not just fishing) about 'proper' fans not being able to get a season ticket due to the 11,000 new ST fans? I managed to get one about 6 weeks after they originally went on sale so if you wanted one, you would have got one. Or does he only want 7,000 going to the game? Or just the ST holders from the Goldstone? What happens if they've died since?
A bit confused.
Either way, it's a bit of a shit first post. A nice way to introduce yourself to the forum.
Roll on the 6th, hopefully everyone will be happy with the noise.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I was only joking mate. I'm all for any new fans, and even those who disappeared in the Gillingham and Withdean era. A full ground full of voice is my only wish.

To be honest though, some true colours will be shown for the Gillingham game; second game in and I will expect Withdean numbers.

If the Gillingham attendence is low, who cares?:

In the early rounds, all clubs thesedays get low league cup attendences. Too much football on TV and for real, and peole only have so much money to give.

Will not reflect badly on Brighton at all.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
A guy from my work is a West Ham fan and he has brought a season ticket cos the Amex is 10 min from his home. Whats the deal with that?

That's a joke! I know a Man U fan who has got one, a Liverpool fan, and some Doris at work who has never talked about football in her life, now she's BHA's biggest fan. Silly cow, get us a tea love!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
If the Gillingham attendence is low, who cares?:

In the early rounds, all clubs thesedays get low league cup attendences. Too much football on TV and for real, and peole only have so much money to give.

Will not reflect badly on Brighton at all.

Well said.

I know plenty of new season ticket holders. All have had long spells in the Mullery or other eras, of going to every game, and love the club. Glad to see them back.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Some people need to get a grip. Fed up with non season ticket holders from the past being seen as plastic fans. Some people have to work saturdays, i have missed soo much over the last few years due to work commitments. Now we have moved to the Amex i have quit the job i had before so i no longer have to work saturdays. I shall be there week in week out, Although to some i will still be a plastic fan :annoyed:

You are hardly 'Plastic' terryberry good on ya, hope you have a very enjoyable season.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Who cares. Welcome one and all

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Is the OP's moan (if it's not just fishing) about 'proper' fans not being able to get a season ticket due to the 11,000 new ST fans? I managed to get one about 6 weeks after they originally went on sale so if you wanted one, you would have got one. Or does he only want 7,000 going to the game? Or just the ST holders from the Goldstone? What happens if they've died since?
A bit confused.
Either way, it's a bit of a shit first post. A nice way to introduce yourself to the forum.
Roll on the 6th, hopefully everyone will be happy with the noise.

Agree. Surely a nice big attendance will only add to the atmosphere, and what is wrong with attracting new fans supporting their local team instead of a top performing Premier League team who they have no relation to.

The other thing that is getting my goat a little is the reaction of a minority of ST holders who proclaim themselves to be 'true fans' over people who have to buy tickets adhoc, with little or no regard for the fact that people like myself work on many matchdays and so can only go when I'm not working, or the people that also can't afford a ST.

We're all excited about the new season, we're all proud of our team from Sussex performing very well indeed...let's just embrace it, embrace more supporters, and forget some people's 'one-up' mentality over fellow fans.

Keep the faith, lets have a successful, enjoyable season in our new home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here