Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-fanatics buying season tickets

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
lol these do make me laugh, open a brand new 22,500 stadium and only those with withdean ST are allowed in.

I used to use my paper round money to buy tickets at the goldstone and then run home to southwick after the game as a youngster, season ticket for first few years at withdean but couldnt afford for a few years. Over the moon to have a ST again and also introduce my 5 yo daughter to the Albion too. The more the merrier, bringing through the next generation also.

SEAGULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We,ve have many thousands of sleeping fans that have done the odd game or two and im one of them:lol:

Plenty more fans to come so get used to it:D

It seems many inbreds on here think we have a 7k fanbase

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
NF style? I think it is being understated as to how many season ticket holders at Amex are long term Brighton fans.

Not everyone was able to commit to a season ticket at Withdean. One big selling point of Amex is the ability to pay monthly. The team is on the up and one is unlikely to get soaked in most parts of the ground.

Besides. There is no famous atmosphere to kill and I don't see how a stadium with more fans is going to make less noise than one that is a third full.
No fan is long term and that spreads across the country end of,but we seem to be in a far superior position to many clubs and lets be honest our season tickets are not exactly cheap regardless of the DD.

Our fanbase can only get bigger and bigger:)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
some bloke just asked when a household striker coming in ? :lolol:

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I'm confused, when exactly was this famous home atmosphere ???

30k gates in the 60s when Bobby Smith joined us from 'Spurs'.....playing alongside Jack Smith and co.......fantastic atmosphere........it will come again just wait a couple of years till the cement dust has settled.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Since we've moved to the Falmer there has been a sale of 17,000 season tickets - that's more than Leeds have sold. Where have all these people come from? They weren't around in League One

These people will kill the famous Brighton atmosphere with their prawn sandwiches and jester hats in true NF style - agree?

FKTS

being brought up with a big family of arsenal fans as my dad and old siblings grew up in and around islington and ive never really been able to get to many games as a kid (since age of 8 when we moved to brighton) but now being 20 im able to afford my 1st season ticket im also taking my younger brother, who has rejected arsenal and choose to follow and be a brighton fan like me .... so question is my brother and myself, classed as one of these people killing the good old brighton atmosphere or are we infact the future generation which i pretty sure alot of fans are going to be youngens like myself, im sure there is the odd hundred maybe even a couple of 1000' "fake fans" out there but i bet most of them are taking young kids who going to want to be brighton fans in the future and go to home games instead of being a liverpool, man u, or arsenal fan and never going to watch a game!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Since we've moved to the Falmer there has been a sale of 17,000 season tickets - that's more than Leeds have sold. Where have all these people come from? They weren't around in League One

These people will kill the famous Brighton atmosphere with their prawn sandwiches and jester hats in true NF style - agree?

FKTS
What do you mean 'Where have all these people come from' . I think you'll find the vast majority were around, and, have always been around. Just because they weren't season ticket holders at withdean doesn't mean they have suddenly arrived from outer space. I know loads of amex ST holders who have been Albion fans all their lives but not withdean holders. These same supporters were also regulars at the Goldstone. They also know what it means to be a Brighton fan. So don't you worry about the 'atmosphere' because I'm sure they'll blend in well.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
being brought up with a big family of arsenal fans as my dad and old siblings grew up in and around islington and ive never really been able to get to many games as a kid (since age of 8 when we moved to brighton) but now being 20 im able to afford my 1st season ticket im also taking my younger brother, who has rejected arsenal and choose to follow and be a brighton fan like me .... so question is my brother and myself, classed as one of these people killing the good old brighton atmosphere or are we infact the future generation which i pretty sure alot of fans are going to be youngens like myself, im sure there is the odd hundred maybe even a couple of 1000' "fake fans" out there but i bet most of them are taking young kids who going to want to be brighton fans in the future and go to home games instead of being a liverpool, man u, or arsenal fan and never going to watch a game!
Here Here.....well said young man. I am taking my grandson to his first season as an Albion fan and I expect there will be many more.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
I find it amazing that people can be so small minded when it comes to new fans. I am so called new season ticket holder as is my young son. I want him to support his local team hence buying him a ST. If my money and support isn't good enough for some people because I wasn't a regular ay Withdean, well sorry for you for living in the dark ages. Brighton have over 10 years to make up when it comes to the next generation of young fans so you should actually be happy that families are investing money in the Albion to build their lon term fan base.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I'm confused, when exactly was this famous home atmosphere ???

rarely was good atmosphere at withdean for a variety of reasons,

including the fact even in our promotion years the football was dire most of the time,

some people including myself will only pay if the actual football being played is of good quality

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
itl take a while to build fanbase back up.the stadium is a massive move towards that and the more people that go the merrier

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I find it amazing that people can be so small minded when it comes to new fans. I am so called new season ticket holder as is my young son. I want him to support his local team hence buying him a ST. If my money and support isn't good enough for some people because I wasn't a regular ay Withdean, well sorry for you for living in the dark ages. Brighton have over 10 years to make up when it comes to the next generation of young fans so you should actually be happy that families are investing money in the Albion to build their lon term fan base.

Trudat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here