Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non attendance

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I simply couldnt be bothered!

I WILL be at the fron of the que for the 4th round game (assuming we get there) and I WILL be moaning if someone is sitting in my seat!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I didn't want to miss my appointment for giving blood, believe it or not some things are more important than football!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
200 miles away, and got very dunk instead :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quality, not quantity, tho, eh?

Famous(ish) person spotted in G block last night

gavin_03.jpg

Gavin Henderson CBE
(L.1960-65)
OB's of Note

Gavin Henderson, Principal of Trinity College of Music and also Chairman of Youth Music, was made a CBE in the Queen’s birthday honours, for services to music and to the arts.

Gavin was appointed Principal at Trinity in 1994, and was responsible for the College’s relocation to the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich, in 2001. He will shortly become the Principal and Chief Executive of the Trinity Laban, the new HEI that will be formed by the merger of Trinity College of Music and Laban during the 2004/2005 academic year. Trinity Laban will be the UK’s first conservatoire for music and dance.

Gavin Henderson was Artistic Director of Brighton Festival from 1984-94. He was born in Brighton in 1948, and still lives there. He attended Brighton College and Brighton College of Art (now subsumed in the University of Brighton, of which he was Governor from 1988-1995) and has an honorary degree from the University of Sussex.

Gavin Henderson is chairman of the Regency Society of Brighton and Hove and of The Brighton Youth Orchestra Trust. He is also a trustee of The West Pier and is President of Brighton Orpheus Choir and Springboard – The Competitive Music Festival.

He is founding Chairman of the National Foundation for Youth Music (now known as Youth Music) an appointment made personally by the then Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, Chris Smith MP.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
and a very resplendent dickie bow. He looked every inch the gentleman.

And he seemed to have very straight hair....wonder if he had the old ceramics on him too.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
What's the latest with your recovery Eggmundo?

Very well Thanks, feel good in myself and things are heading in the right direction. Started Hydrotherapy and 3 month check was better than expected so fingers crossed for the next 3 months. I am getting copies of my X-rays, £20 but worth it!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Mate bought tickets to see Crowded House last night back in the summer before the fixtures came out and I had a brain seizure, not thinking that of course we can't have Saturday games in December. He then couldn't get rid of my ticket. Quite frankly, I think I got the better deal. Okay, their music isn't necessarily my first choice, but the band were very entertaining and complete nutters, just what I wanted after another trying day at work. Free parking at the Dripping Pan, only £2.40 return to Brighton on my Gold Card, and a good evening's entertainment, not bad at all I thought. Thankfully, the Manics next week doesn't clash with a game at Withdean. I am, however, going to the Gillingham, Millwall, Yeovil and Bournemouth games over the Christmas and New Year period, so I don't think I've missed too much.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
And perhaps one of our railway colleagues can tell me why they stopped running the 11.37 train to London on Fridays and Saturdays, so I have to go to Lewes and park if I want to come down to Brighton, instead of getting a lift home from Haywards Heath. If it's because of rowdiness, the last train to Eastbourne was just as rowdy last night, with boozed-up students, teenagers going home from clubs, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here