Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Passion, No fight, No bottle & No pride (thats just from our fans)

We were in WL I row w and we had some good shouting going on!! The metal sheeting next to me was ripe for banging on!! The atmosphere gets worse as you get to the middle of the stand then picks up slightly near the away end!! I have to say looking into the north stand concourse with 10 mins to go was a disgrace.. They were running out like cockroaches!! Shocking scenes!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
How many are like that?

But lets not get bogged down with the JCL stuff, our fans as a WHOLE let the team down.

Rubbish... Our team as a WHOLE let the fans down.

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
Thread number 100303 from lastnight but has to be said!

What a total and utter embarrassment lastnight was from our fans, I just cant work out how our fans dont get behind the side. I sit in WSL W1C and its a total and utter joke, long periods of silence for what was our biggest game of the season and that was even when we were winning, YES winning against our BIGGEST RIVALS in our BIGGEST game of the season, yet against Liverpool people are ejaculating and applauding like seal cubs when that scouse toss Gerrard runs on the pitch.

The fact that if anyone uses any foul language you get looks as if you've just stabbed someone in the face and spat on their mother.

Is this what it has come too, is this why the JCL'S got season tickets to sit in silence and judge anyone who tries to show any passion, "Oh my look at this guy, he's out of control" Well you know what love, crawl back to your horrible surburban nightmare and look after pippa and cecil and stop staring at people because you havent got an inch of passion or understanding about what yesterday meant you middle class snob.

We had a chance lastnight to make our new stadium a antagonistic bowl of noise lastnight, a place which has an edge and gives us advantage, thats why Mr Bloom spent X amount of millions on acoustics and that what we were SUPPOSED to do, its our duty to support and get behind them.

But no, we made a little bit of noise every now and again and didnt show up and neither did the team and for me we only ourselves to blame.

YOU WANT THE TEAM TO PERFORM AND KICK ON, THEN FCUKING SUPPORT THEM INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE LIKE FCUKING CORPSES!

totally agree with this! especially the gerrard bit! i was in the nortn and very loudly questioned why every one was clapping a scouse mug and bridcutt should attempt to break his legs! then i got called an idiot by a female behind me

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Like many have said, the crowd respond to what's going on on the pitch. I don't think it was a game too far for the fans; the atmosphere in the first 20 minutes was electric. I didn't go to Leeds but I haven't quite heard that volume of noise pre- and post- CMS' goal at the Amex; it was rocking. I nearly chucked up my pre-match cider celebrating the goal.

But tension set in. It was apparent on the walk from the station to the stadium, but that's natural. We hadn't played Palace for what, 5 years? This game was incredibly important for us as a club; to show Palace that we are finally better than them this year and we can beat them at our new home. Yet the atmosphere was mental at the beginning. But the manner in which we played, being penned back in our own half and not getting out of it, misplacing easy passes, doesn't inspire any reason to cheer. We sometimes did spontaneously, but that was all we could give the players. It was all they deserved.

We showed up for 90 minutes against Palace. The players showed up for 20.

PalaceKing

Sep 28, 2011
An outside view from someone who's opinion you probably won't appreciate but...

1. The evacuation was embarrassing but I'd imagine if an ex palace player scored against us with a minute to go (especially if we were playing Brighton) then plenty of the Palace faithful would be leaving in their droves as well. I personally wouldn't be due to seeing a mate leave the game 10 minutes early against Gillingham about ten years ago when we were 2-0 down who then missed 2 late goals to draw the game.

2. Yep you've got a huge amount of plastics at the moment but once the novelty of the tampax wears off a lot of the plastics that are there because they don't fancy forking out for Arsenal/Man Utd etc will go back to watching their games in the pub and you'll be left with a new generation of fans who will learn the songs and sing their hearts out for a club that will mean something to them.

3. Home fans are always quieter than away fans. People talk about how great the atmosphere is at Palace but thats down to 3 - 5 blocks (depending on the game) of the Holmesdale and 2 blocks of the Arthur Waite. When you're away everyone who is there is there because they want to be rather than just being there because they have a season ticket. You're also concentrated into a smaller space = more noise.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
We were in WL I row w and we had some good shouting going on!! The metal sheeting next to me was ripe for banging on!! The atmosphere gets worse as you get to the middle of the stand then picks up slightly near the away end!! I have to say looking into the north stand concourse with 10 mins to go was a disgrace.. They were running out like cockroaches!! Shocking scenes!

I was in WSL row Q and me and the people around me were standing up and shouting from most of the game. I couldn't even hear the Palace fans for most of the game. The singing only really stopped when people started walking out.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
it was strange last night,when we scored last night the place seemed to be rocking,but after about 20mins it did die down,which can happen,when you sense an equaliser coming

i remember a few years ago at hampden park,for the scotland-england play off,let's face it,you wouldn't get anymore intimidating than that,the scottish fans were eeriely quiet as england completly outplayed them

but against this,i hate to say it,i remember pompey getting thumped 4 or 5 zip by arsenal at fratton,but pompey carried on singing throughout,if you'd just walked into the ground,you'd thoght they were winning

why did we go quiet? i honestly think it was down to the performance and the almost inevitable equaliser,if we had bagged a 2nd the place would of exploded

f*** it,let's move on,UP THE ALBION!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here