Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Passion, No fight, No bottle & No pride (thats just from our fans)

Lush

Mods' Pet
It was clear that we weren't playing at all well. Against most other teams that would be an incentive to sing and encourage the team, but because the result mattered SO MUCH everyone just got more and more nervous about losing. And you don't sing when you're nervous.

Nut

Nov 2, 2009
so why didnt you stand up and say COME ON SUPPORT OUR TEAM or at least try and get the atmosphere going again.

fans like you make me sick. you think your all that. why come on here and moan? if you stand up and start singing others will join in.

saaaaaaaake!

We did mate but that is the point exactly, interest is totally lacking when we are behind and not enough join in. Obviously that is natural to a certain extent but I think we can do more. Don't think I'm all that at all mate just think it would help the team if we were all a little more vocal when we are up against it. Not moaning, trying to do something about it....do you not agree?

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
It's very, very simple - and what's more it always has been: the atmosphere reflects what's happening on the pitch. If the game isn't going well, the atmosphere will start to suffer straight away. From what I could tell over the radio, the atmosphere was absolutely rocking last night until Palace came back into it, after about, what, 15-20 minutes into the 1H.

To somehow suggest that Albion fans should make a ton of noise while the team gets comprehensively outplayed in front of them is completely unrealistic and has never happened. Not at the Goldstone, nor I suspect at any other club. It just doesn't work that way IMHO.

And to blame it all somehow on people who are frankly sensible enough to prefer going to Falmer than to Withdean by labelling them nothing more middle-class JCLs is f***ing pathetic, of course. Not least it's a really tedious form of "I went to Gillingham/Withdean, aren't I great" bragging and nothing more.

Rubbish mate, total rubbish. Firstly it was not rocking pre--match or the first 20 minutes, of course it was noisy when we scored but that was about it baring the odd song here or there, we let them off very lightly in regards to rubbing our rivals noses in it.

We were not outplayed in the first half, we just took our foot of the gas, but it was still a game against our RIVALS which = biggest game of the season and for years considering we havent played that lot in front of 20k+ in a long long time.

So you know what the people that sit near us are like do you? You know the looks we get for trying to get people and the team going do you?

It appears to me your view point is based on radio commentary and very little knowledge of what went on last night and the previous few fixtures at the stadium.

This isnt about bragging rights and ticket stubs, this is about pride, passion and the importance of lastnights game and whether you've been a fan a week or 40 years, we failed them lastnight in the BIGGEST game this club has had in years in my opinion, a chance to show them were not some tin pot club with plastic fans, a chance to lord it iver them when weve been in their shadow for too many years, unfortunately too many fans dont understand what yesterday meant or maybe they did and just would rather just watch and stay silent.

So before you come on here saying my opinion is fcuking pathetic, get your facts right pal.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It's very, very simple - and what's more it always has been: the atmosphere reflects what's happening on the pitch. If the game isn't going well, the atmosphere will start to suffer straight away. From what I could tell over the radio, the atmosphere was absolutely rocking last night until Palace came back into it, after about, what, 15-20 minutes into the 1H.

To somehow suggest that Albion fans should make a ton of noise while the team gets comprehensively outplayed in front of them is completely unrealistic and has never happened. Not at the Goldstone, nor I suspect at any other club. It just doesn't work that way IMHO.

And to blame it all somehow on people who are frankly sensible enough to prefer going to Falmer than to Withdean by labelling them nothing more middle-class JCLs is f***ing pathetic, of course. Not least it's a really tedious form of "I went to Gillingham/Withdean, aren't I great" bragging and nothing more.

The voice of reason.

This season has been building up to last night in a way and it was a huge let down. Now let's knuckle down and get on with being a top half Championship side in a top stadium...

The future is bright.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry but I disagree entirely! Turning on fans, new or otherwise just isn't plausible. As I said elsewhere at least 3 or 4 of our team didn't show up last night and, apart from the first 15 minutes there was no passion or fight. I couldn't give a toss if that's v Palace or whoever the attitude displayed by some of the team was atrocious. I am in WSL and where I was people were trying to get behind the team, at last knockings everyone pissed off and I for one would do the same again, not for transport reasons but in disgust at the lack of fight shown. The usual suspects (Noone, Bridcutt) did it for me but many of the rest should be ashamed.

I can't speak for others but it wasn't the losing it was the manner in which we lost, total capitulation and if we had a few more had shown the work rate of Bridcutt or Noone and their number 20 we could and should have had them

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
... and that's where your argument hits a fatal flaw.

Total gibberish.

In your opinion mate, Doncaster rocking, Leeds second half rocking, Liverpool rocking, yesterday no chance, the odd song was loud and vocal but desperately dissapointing on the whole and that was agreed by many around us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The guy who sits next to me is a 'plastic' fan. Supported Arsenal since he was a kid, made the switch when we got the Amex as he lives locally and was disillusioned with paying ridiculous money to watch over-paid twats in a silent stadium. He joins in with the songs, shouts, cheers, swears, jumps up and down and hugs me when we score. f***ing good on him. Without people like him we would be playing in front of 7,000 instead of 20,000. What would you prefer?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The guy who sits next to me is a 'plastic' fan. Supported Arsenal since he was a kid, made the switch when we got the Amex as he lives locally and was disillusioned with paying ridiculous money to watch over-paid twats in a silent stadium. He joins in with the songs, shouts, cheers, swears, jumps up and down and hugs me when we score. f***ing good on him. Without people like him we would be playing in front of 7,000 instead of 20,000. What would you prefer?

How many are like that?

But lets not get bogged down with the JCL stuff, our fans as a WHOLE let the team down.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In your opinion mate, Doncaster rocking, Leeds second half rocking, Liverpool rocking, yesterday no chance, the odd song was loud and vocal but desperately dissapointing on the whole and that was agreed by many around us.

In the WSU, the first 20 minutes was noisier and more intense than all of those games.

Considering what was served up, I thought we were a credit to them.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Well said

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thread number 100303 from lastnight but has to be said!

What a total and utter embarrassment lastnight was from our fans, I just cant work out how our fans dont get behind the side. I sit in WSL W1C and its a total and utter joke, long periods of silence for what was our biggest game of the season and that was even when we were winning, YES winning against our BIGGEST RIVALS in our BIGGEST game of the season, yet against Liverpool people are ejaculating and applauding like seal cubs when that scouse toss Gerrard runs on the pitch.

The fact that if anyone uses any foul language you get looks as if you've just stabbed someone in the face and spat on their mother.

Is this what it has come too, is this why the JCL'S got season tickets to sit in silence and judge anyone who tries to show any passion, "Oh my look at this guy, he's out of control" Well you know what love, crawl back to your horrible surburban nightmare and look after pippa and cecil and stop staring at people because you havent got an inch of passion or understanding about what yesterday meant you middle class snob.

We had a chance lastnight to make our new stadium a antagonistic bowl of noise lastnight, a place which has an edge and gives us advantage, thats why Mr Bloom spent X amount of millions on acoustics and that what we were SUPPOSED to do, its our duty to support and get behind them.

But no, we made a little bit of noise every now and again and didnt show up and neither did the team and for me we only ourselves to blame.

YOU WANT THE TEAM TO PERFORM AND KICK ON, THEN FCUKING SUPPORT THEM INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE LIKE FCUKING CORPSES!

Post of the day. Me and Russ were at the Donny game in WSL , it was surprising how many Brighton fans waved their flag and sang pre-match but then sat down and kept quiet for most of the match until we scored the winner.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
In the WSU, the first 20 minutes was noisier and more intense than all of those games.

Considering what was served up, I thought we were a credit to them.

Didnt sound like that from down below and we can always hear whats going on in the roost, my mate sits in WSU....He managed to get a signal half way through the first half and said "It's dead in here aint it"

Says it all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How many are like that?

But lets not get bogged down with the JCL stuff, our fans as a WHOLE let the team down.

I don't know, I don't any others.

That is the point though, the fans as a whole let the team down yesterday, and the team as a whole let the fans down. You cant just blame the JCL's.

A couple of wins at the Amex will help pick the atmosphere up again though, we shouldn't over-react to last night. It will get good again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Basically last night the team were shit and the fans were shit. A bad day at the office all round.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Does it 'say it all'?

A noisy WSU which you can't hear, so you want to have a go at everyone?

It says it all when people who sit around me agree it was flat against Palace, mates in north say its flat, a mate in the WSU sends me a text that says its dead and others agree on here.

People need a rocket up their arse, show some passion and get behind the boys especially in the biggest game, when you see the passion at Liverpool at home for a nothing cup game where is it when we really need it,simple really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here