Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Passion, No fight, No bottle & No pride (thats just from our fans)

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Ffs the mansex sounded great with the Albion chant ringing round the stands even if a bit boring, The stand up if you hate Palace was loud but have said before on another post you need more songs.
And for those saying Palace fans were quiet you need to go to the local hospital and have your ears looked at for balls of ear wax:D

Yep...am in east stand and you were veeeery noisy-all thro.really quite embarrasing that the loudest noise from albion was about hating palace...yet only sporadic in support of the team...just think people forgot what they were really there for...it was always going to be thus...was so obvious on nsc throughout yesterday.again-how about we remember how amazing it is at the moment-is a blip-if not,its just the albion...

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
WhatAFuckin!Shambles! We're only Makin it worse for ourselves apparently... Cos when the PoxyTransport,Parking,Pints,Pie's&
Poyet'sPatheticPassingPlonkers, have deserted us (mugs) there employers long (1hour) B4 & against Palarse Pikeys... ¿ we decide we might as well FuckOff! (back to Plymouth)aswell ... TWAT'S! :p
We don't want your appologies BHAFC, i've always been given to understand that you have to really care to apologise, but as YOUR! employers, we do want you to, as my boss would say, Fuckin Get On With it & stop Fuckin Whingeing at the the poor sods who have, long before & after you've gone, relatively speaking, given far more time, money & passion to OUR! beloved BHAFC! than you can shake a hairy stick at... !

Ps. I'm really angry now!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And to blame it all somehow on people who are frankly sensible enough to prefer going to Falmer than to Withdean by labelling them nothing more middle-class JCLs is f***ing pathetic, of course. Not least it's a really tedious form of "I went to Gillingham/Withdean, aren't I great" bragging and nothing more.

Can't agree with you there, MoH, I'm afraid. It depends on your take. Are you there just to be entertained, or do you feel the fans are part of the spectacle and can boost the team and influence the outcome. Our 'fortress' was anything but yesterday, on or off the pitch.

The fact that we have 13,000 new regular fans is an undeniable mathematical fact, though I'm not sure I'd agree they are all 'middle-class', whatever that means these days. I was just uncomfortable sitting in our great stadium hearing our 18,500 outsung by their 2,400, and I expect a lot of other people were too.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
It not JUST about the newbies, but it's getting boring now that me and a mate sit there desperately trying to get people going and gee'd up and make them come alive,passion isnt something we can install into people but it doesnt stop us trying.

We just end up getting strange looks of bewilderment!

Sounds like a continuum from withdean, luckily away fans haven't changed and are still pretty decent. :thumbsup:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
BYF, I can only assume you are a bit of a newbie yourself mate. We have NEVER had a crowd that has sung from all sides of the ground to the extent we do now. At The Goldstone it was only ever the north that sang, and then only half of that stand too by and large. The West never really sang and a tiny part of the east once a game.

I have NEVER been to another ground where the entire crowd sings, there is always an area that is the core vocal support, at The Amex I think we have it better than almost every other team. To put it into perspective, last time we were at Selhurst we sang all game they barely made a squeek. Get Realistic.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
i hate the "aaaaalbion- aaaaalbionnnnn" chant

it's so dull, and the second "aaaalbionnnn" makes us all sound like we're depressed and kind of singing it with a sigh...a bit like "aaaalbionnn:facepalm::shootself:nono::cry::shrug:".......it's an awful chant

it's also too short....we need more quite quick chants that are simple and last for a long time....(the cms has the potential to be this)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It was clear that we weren't playing at all well. Against most other teams that would be an incentive to sing and encourage the team, but because the result mattered SO MUCH everyone just got more and more nervous about losing. And you don't sing when you're nervous.

And what Lush said.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I was just uncomfortable sitting in our great stadium hearing our 18,500 outsung by their 2,400, and I expect a lot of other people were too.

Again get real. Derby Away support like that is almost always going to outsing the home support when they are obviously in the ascendancy on the pitch. I honestly cant think of one ground in this country where that wouldnt be the case. Until the second half there is no way we were getting badly outsung.

D

Deleted member 18477

We did mate but that is the point exactly, interest is totally lacking when we are behind and not enough join in. Obviously that is natural to a certain extent but I think we can do more. Don't think I'm all that at all mate just think it would help the team if we were all a little more vocal when we are up against it. Not moaning, trying to do something about it....do you not agree?

maybe i was a bit harsh in saying fans like you make me sick. bit OTT especially if you were doing your bit which is all you can do, apologies. i understand where your coming from but the players showed no fighting spirit either. I cannot remember a game where our players showed that kind of lack of effort. even at the end of last season it wasnt that bad. when we were shit at least we fought in derbys and tried to make the best of it. last night i was frankly embarrassed at the effort. harley can seriously f*** off! when they scored their first goal our players should have been doing everything they possibly could to break the play up and keep the ball. there was no effort to get the ball back.

sometimes it takes a player or 2 to seriously take a grip of the game to get the crowd going again. i would personally love to make a great tackle or run and be clapped by 20,000 people. our players didnt want it enough. it is a joint effort from fans and players.

looking back on it, i think over this last week - it has been an emotional rollercoaster with 3 very different games - fans and players have run out of steam (not passion!). a pathetic excuse maybe... and maybe we will ALL respond in the best way possible in our next game. I certainly hope so as yesterday was one of the worse days i have ever lived. when that bubble burst it was always going to be a bit of a come down, but to have it burst like that is very hard to take.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In the WSU, the first 20 minutes was noisier and more intense than all of those games.

Considering what was served up, I thought we were a credit to them.

That is sort of the point though, isn't it? The first 20 minutes. Matches are not 20 minutes long.

Sitting in the WSL I do think you get a very good idea of the general crowd noise, you hear very clearly what the WSU, North and South are up to. And it wasn't great last night for most of the game.

But as people have said, what the players are doing and the noise the crowd make is a bit chicken and egg, you don't sing as much when you are nervous, and you were never comfortable watching that even though we led for 74 minutes.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
BYF, I can only assume you are a bit of a newbie yourself mate. We have NEVER had a crowd that has sung from all sides of the ground to the extent we do now. At The Goldstone it was only ever the north that sand, and then only half of that stand too by and large. The West never really sang and a tiny part of the east once a game.

I have NEVER been to another ground where the entire crowd sings, there is always an area that is the core vocal support, at The Amex I think we have it better than almost every other team. To put it into perspective, last time we were at Selhurst we sang all game they barely made a squeek. Get Realistic.

Dan,

To Assume makes an (ass-out of-u and me) so no im not a newbie, been following us for 20 years now home and away.

In regards to being realistic, I'm not expecting the atmosphere to be electric at home to Barnsley, Hull, Burnley, Forest or any other normal championship game that we have in our calender if we score we will make noise if not speradic singing will take place, but Palace is a different kettle of fish,we sing about them every single game I think Ive ever been to baring freindlies, we talk about our neighbours up the road in pubs, to opposing teams fans when they ask why we hate palace.

When it came to the crunch yesterday the boys needed us, for some reason we wernt at the races and that was dissapointing and it is our duty, responsibility to get behind them and be the 12th man out there to carry them over the line, call me over the top, call me too passionate, say I care too much and there's more to life....but call me a newbie, go away mate.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
f***-ing-hell..

it's only one game. every other match so far has been ear-splittingly loud.

Let's show hull what noise is on the 15th and stop having a go at other fans.

we all support the same f***ing football club.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
really quite embarrasing that the loudest noise from albion was about hating palace...yet only sporadic in support of the team...

Been kinda like that most of the season. The majority of songs are about the crowd. "We're the north stnad/west stand brighton boys" "we are the north stand of the albion" "sand up if you hate palace". There will be an occasional 'nooney' chnt, and against leeds I heard a smattering of one for capser ankergren (to the tune of give it up) just before we conceded our first. We don't sing in support of the team enough, we don't have enough song for individual players. The most prevailant songs are about the fans and seem to be chants tha encourage fans to ignore the game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we'd been playing well and creating chances, the atmosphere from the home fans would have been rocking. FACT. Just look at how the fans reacted when the team rolled their collective sleeves up in the 2nd half against Liverpool and Leeds - wave after wave of Albion attack, and we were ROARING them on.

The build-up to kickoff and that first 15 minutes was as noisy as I've heard it there. But the more Palace got a grip on the game, the more anxious and frustrated everyone became, and the atmosphere went downhill from there. Its hard to create a wall of noise when the opposition is in almost constant possession and threatening to score. Our team absolutely STUNK the place out last night. If we had a hold of the frigging ball and were creating regular chances, the atmosphere takes care of itself.

THATS how it works.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Again get real. Derby Away support like that is almost always going to outsing the home support when the home support isn't singing. .

Just altered that for you for a rather obvious point.

'Until the second half'? Which is 45 minutes long. Half the match. The more important half, arguably. So that's okay then. Tell you what, why don't we all sing Palace Ultra songs instead and cheer them off the pitch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BYF, I can only assume you are a bit of a newbie yourself mate. We have NEVER had a crowd that has sung from all sides of the ground to the extent we do now. At The Goldstone it was only ever the north that sang, and then only half of that stand too by and large. The West never really sang and a tiny part of the east once a game.

I've been to numerous games at the Goldstone in the 1970's when all sides of the ground have been singing together. Most of the time it was only the North and South stands singing but the Chicken Run and West stands did get it going when they set their mind to it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I've been to numerous games at the Goldstone in the 1970's when all sides of the ground have been singing together. Most of the time it was only the North and South stands singing but the Chicken Run and West stands did get it going when they set their mind to it.

Ok, a third of a century ago it may have been different, It certainly wasnt like that in the 80's and 90's.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I guess last night it was a bit of a paradoxical problem in that for the players to play well they often need good support, but for the supporters to sing loud, they often need the players to do their bit. Sometimes a bit of class from a player and a goal/goalscoring opportunity can really get the crowd going even if they've been dead all game; and in the same respect, sometimes a loud song and turn in support can spur the players on to going that extra mile to get a result. Neither of those happened last night. We're all to blame - the manager, the players, the coaching staff and all of us - the fans.

I have full confidence that the playing and coaching staff are working hard to turn this around and put everything right - so we need to do the same and make sure that we give them our full support when they need it most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here