Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No loan striker Tweets Andy Naylor

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gus Poyet is resigned to not bringing in a loan striker for #bhafc before the window closes on Nov 22.

"We are not looking now apart from the very cheap, big, quick and best finisher in the world that doesn't exist now Mark McCammon retired"

Looks as if we are stuck with CMS, Barnes and Dobbie until January at least.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
"We are not looking now apart from the very cheap, big, quick and best finisher in the world that doesn't exist." #bhafc

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Gus Poyet is resigned to not bringing in a loan striker for #bhafc before the window closes on Nov 22.

Sounds like Gus is sulking!! Is it not his fault?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Enquiries turned down. I bet. Injuries at other clubs ???

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
How does it take well over a year to replace one striker (Murray), it's bloody bullshit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Like Naylor has any clue. Gus doesn't tell him anything!

He tells him his thoughts about the rearrangement of Boxing Day fixtures. :smile:

But I agree, in that I doubt that is the full story. Deadline day deals are done up until the last second, and now Gus says he's pretty much given up with three weeks to go? I wouldn't be suprised to see a quality recruit.

As an aside, why is Gus even talking about this? Surely he should be focused on the game tomorrow night? :angry: :fishing:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am sorry to say so but I find it hard to believe that the club have really tried to sign another striker; and that, over a year later, we are still waiting for the elusive player to arrive. Either we want to compete in this league and get promoted or we don't. I suspect the bottom line is that having another striker in the squad, especially a big burly presence, doesn't fit in with Gus' footballing philosophy. This would be fine, of course, if we were doing well and scoring goals but.............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here