Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nintendo Wii

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes I'd recommend getting one.
Wii Sports (that comes with it) is absolute quality. Resident Evil 4 is tremendous. Mario and Sonic Olympics is qualla. And if you like lots of daft little party games for people to join in with, Super Monkey Ball is a gas. Its a great bit of kit, even the missus likes a waggle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
PDC DARTS and Mario & Sonic at the olympics mate - get one they're grrrrrreat!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you want more 'fun' gaming and not serious gaming get a wii...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes I'd recommend getting one.
Wii Sports (that comes with it) is absolute quality. Resident Evil 4 is tremendous. Mario and Sonic Olympics is qualla. And if you like lots of daft little party games for people to join in with, Super Monkey Ball is a gas. Its a great bit of kit, even the missus likes a waggle.

what he said.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Great fune. Wii Sports is addictive, my best score so far on bowling is 280 or there abouts. Tiger Woods golf is a good way to use up a few hours, and you can play it online. Mario Galaxy is mental, never ending.

Al in all, well done Nintendo, they put the fune back into video games for me. Anyone want to buy my Xbox?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Wii is bloody superb

I love it
The kids love it
Even the wife loves it !!!!!!

Nuff said, buy the boomin thing!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Wii is great. Unlike the Playstation and XBOX it is all about fun. Smooth graphics, lots of action and when you have mates round you can turn it on without the misses getting pissed off.

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
The Wii is fantastic, Zelda is one of the best games of all time. And Mario Galaxy is up there with the best of the series.. and the best thing about it? The girlfriend LOVES it so I can play it for hours without her getting f***ed off with me, unlike Football Manager.

Pros: Fun multiplayer games, brilliant Nintendo in-house games
Wii versions of all the Snes classics
MAKES a night in with mates
Comes with one of the best games available on the Wii, and definitely the best release title of all time

Cons: Lack of third party designed games - not enough 'serious' games for gamers (Halo, RPG's)
Probably one or two too many 'minigame' titles now
Due to the nature of the system, rubbish for action sport/football games - no Pro Evo, FIFA is cack
Due to almost ALL the games bar a few being made by Nintendo of America, no CRICKET game. If they released Cricket 2008 for the Wii I think I'd cream in my pants.

My advice - get one, it's a lot of fun with mates but not so fun for one-player loner gaming.

Last edited:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I think it all depends on what you want? If you just want fun with quite simple games, then get a Wii. If you want quality games with fantastic graphics, and in depth gameplay, get a 360 or PS3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here