Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nintendo Wii

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Why?

The quality of graphics on the Wii games are disgusting compared with the 360 just because it has its retarded controller makes idiots buy it.

Because your arguement is nonsense, plenty of people who enjoy the wii would have no interest in Call of duty whatsoever. Just because they're both video games it doesn't mean they are comparable.

I have both and there are a number of wii games I'd consider 'better' than COD4. But then, it's personal preference. Calling everybody 'retards' doesn't help.

And it's obvious you're just fishing to get peoples backs up, so again, utter utter cock.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quick question - Are the Wii additional motion related features on Zelda and Resi 4 any good then? I played through them both when they were out on gamecube and were both bloody amazing - did I miss much that means I should give them another spin now I have a wii?

Never played the Gamecube version, but the whole dynamics of how you move, aim and shoot on RE4 make it like nothing else I've ever played. And the graphics are superb. I'd heartily recommend it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Never played the Gamecube version, but the whole dynamics of how you move, aim and shoot on RE4 make it like nothing else I've ever played. And the graphics are superb. I'd heartily recommend it.

It is essentially the same game as the gamecube version but the controls of the wii make it much better.

Also - I am not sure why people say the wii is just for kids - I have got both resident evil games on it, played scarface, godfather and medal of honour heroes 2 came out last week so it does have adult games too.

I agree that if you are a super serious gamer where graphics mean everything then get a PS3 - howevr for pure pleasure and entertainment value, particularly with mates then the wii is far, far superior.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Think I'll give it a go then, I rate it as one of the best games I've played, plus I think there's some extra scenes that were added for the PS2 version.

The fact my Wii is chipped up and I can just download it also helps...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You will not regret getting RE4. I could repeat what Easy 10 has said word for word. I have finished the basic game and done a second round yet don't feel like going out and getting another. Mind you, every time I see " RE Umbrella Chronicles" I get tempted.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
You will not regret getting RE4. I could repeat what Easy 10 has said word for word. I have finished the basic game and done a second round yet don't feel like going out and getting another. Mind you, every time I see " RE Umbrella Chronicles" I get tempted.

But this is bearing in mind I have already completed the game on it's original format? Is there any extras and stuff I won't have seen?

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
having compared ps3 turok(spelling? some dinosaur shooting game) and medal of honour for the wii on the same 42"panasonic plasma it has to be said that the wii can hold its own in adult gaming.

but nothing on any platform can beat the madness that is mario galaxy on the wii

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Mr deez, if you've played it on a non-Wii format, I don't know. I got separate ways and an arcade mini-game on the Wii.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just been playing the Wii with the Missus, it's just well put together fun. Yeah the graphics aren't as good as the other consoles, but they are still perfectly ok, but where the Wii wins hands down, is in the pure playability.

If you're a serious "must have the best graphics at all cost" nutter then don't both with the Wii, otherwise, go ahead. I can guarantee you wont regret it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm very tempted to get a Wii - has anyone else on here got one?

Would you recommend getting one and are there any particular games that you would recommend?

Cheers

ok - first off, don't believe a lot of the hype about the Wii it's a good console BUT ONLY if you want to use it primarily for playing with other people.

I have got a Wii and a PS3 and they are both different styles of machines. With the exception of Super Mario Galaxy and a few others, there are little titles of any note for single players. However, you've then got Wii Play, Wii Sports, Sonic & Mario at the Olympics and a few others that are designed for multiplayer action but which are fantastic is you've got a group of friends round.

If you want full on action, slick graphics and intend to play games solo(or multiplayer online for games like call of duty 4 or fifa 08) then spend the extra £100 on a PS3. You've got alot of big titles coming out this year which look fantastic and by the end of the year, the PS3 will have software very similar to the multiplayer titles on the Wii as for the last 12 months sony have been developing their wiress controllers to compete with nintendo.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a weekend of Wii Sports action.

An eagle on the 9th gave me a record-breaking score of -9 on Wii Golf, and an extraordinairy run of seven strikes in a row saw me post an all-time best 246 on the bowling. Naturally this left the lad crushed and demoralised, or at least it did until he smashed me all over the court at tennis. Must get some practice in on that.

Dangerously addictive though. Got a right old bollocking off the missus for keeping our 12 year old up till 1.45am for "one more game" on the bowling.

*bad dad*

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What a weekend of Wii Sports action.

An eagle on the 9th gave me a record-breaking score of -9 on Wii Golf, and an extraordinairy run of seven strikes in a row saw me post an all-time best 246 on the bowling. Naturally this left the lad crushed and demoralised, or at least it did until he smashed me all over the court at tennis. Must get some practice in on that.

Dangerously addictive though. Got a right old bollocking off the missus for keeping our 12 year old up till 1.45am for "one more game" on the bowling.

*bad dad*

Try a maximum of 300 on bowling followed by FIVE more strikes in a row on the next game...

Mario Kart on the Wii out in April.

GET IN.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sad news on the wii front. Stumpy Tim beat me in what was a high class 5 game tennis match.

Meanwhile, where the f*** is wii CRICKET?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mario Kart should be qualla. Might have to get me a steering wheel for the full spazfest effect.

MKWiiBoxart.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here