Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nights out in Brighton on the Late 70s - Early 80s

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One other bit of nostalgia, does anyone remember the roller disco on Sunday afternoons / evenings at the Top Rank Suite - Happy Days

Nov 20, 2003
hove
annabels with king jerry, bonsior club montpelier road, coasters seahouse tipping beer over mad jocks head all clobbered up in farahs. roll neck ,dior blazier nicked from Hanningtons and russell and bromley croc shoes.casual paradise never see those days again ,and old bill just gave you a kick in in back of the van and let you go . no bans no three years for f*** all wish I was young again loved every drunk dope filled minute........never go in town now to old and to intolerent of dickheads and doormen

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
A nostalgia thread.

Me and the 'boys' used to meet up most Fridays and also some Saturdays to discuss topics current and partake of ale and fine wine.

Now we had a set route as a form of tradition.

This is as follows:

The Volunteer
Shades
The Sussex
The Druids Head
The Deryck Carver
Hennekeys
Busbys or Pink Coconut.

Question were you a face around the pubs in those days - what tales do you have of these extablishments.

Ah, memories. I started at the William IV or the Windsor rather than the Volunteer, but all the others were "on the route". Sometimes ended up at the Junction or Savannah, or the "grab a granny" club down by the bus station

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Coasters years with Rory were superb

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At last you say something sensible

Probably the happiest days of my life, we used to go there at least three times a week - fantastic place to be and Rory was a mega star

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shame you weren't with the in crowd like I was, I still have the tamborourine I was given on the last night

Trouble was all you old queens stuck together

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep. Rory's great music (ahead of its time) got (straight) blokes into dance music and actually ... dancing.

We were well into dancing before then to loads of the up and coming new British soul bands that were brilliant in the 80s like Beggar & Co and Light of the World

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
THAT wasn't dancing MUSIC, HI energy was WHERE it WAS at. I used to go HOME drowned in SWEAT at the END of the night

Seem to remember you were very good a DIVINE impressions

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Anyone remember the name of the D.J. who played in the Suite for donkey's years late seventies/eighties , also played saturdays at Top Man western road! Bit of a boring fart if i remember rightly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone remember the name of the D.J. who played in the Suite for donkey's years late seventies/eighties , also played saturdays at Top Man western road! Bit of a boring fart if i remember rightly.

Jesus what was his name ?

Introduced the Bigley Band and alway saying GA to the dance floor which meant another fight had started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here