Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel's crowd

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We should rejoice in our good crowds and think that we have bettered ourselves from the club we used to be.

Who cares what Palace currently get? I'm only interested in what they will get when they slide into oblivion the season after this :lolol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Millwall - 9576
Barnsley - 8088
Brum - 14929
Burnley - 11433
Derby - 20993 (way down on last year)
Hull - 15500
Ipswich - 16800 (down on last year)

You've got big crowds because you've got a new shiny toy to watch games in.

Attendances don't win the league.

Neither does a youth system, or the most valuable player in the history of the world.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Millwall - 9576
Barnsley - 8088
Brum - 14929
Burnley - 11433
Hull - 15500

Ah yes this true,but i see this toy like a X Box console or even an Laptop-because we never had one when we were younger so for us oldies we are making up for lost lime as for the youngsters it's all the rage anyway-

Can't see the novelty wearing off any time soon,there is so much to explore..

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Millwall - 9576
Barnsley - 8088
Brum - 14929
Burnley - 11433
Hull - 15500

You could well be right. However 12,000 more per home game paying a conservative £30 each for 23 matches gives us another £8m in gate money.

Almost enough to buy the worlds best player so expect a bid soon. :ohmy:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've got a sneaky suspicion that Burnley have given the pre-sold tickets figure , those who paid on the gate (and the Charlie Oatway comps) were included in the total attendance figure to boost the home numbers.

that is the case at most games I suspect - I've certainly noticed before that there is a direct correlation between the number of tickets announced as pre-sold and the total number announced on the day whereas a significant number of our travelling fans pay on the gate. Of course that applies with most clubs and it's only the ones with really big and organised away support who pre-sell a lot of tickets.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Millwall - 9576
Barnsley - 8088
Brum - 14929
Burnley - 11433
Hull - 15500

That's not always the case is it,reading had 9k the first season when the madejeski opened although we're a fair bit bigger in my eyes.People were saying our attendances would drop this season and we get 5000 more already.Im sure this club is just bigger than most think,time to enjoy:clap2:

The away support will be poor this season,we're miles away from most sadly.The cricket and pride knocked yesterday's down but we'll end up about 12th at the end on away figures.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You know what - i dont care about the size of our crowd or the size of palace's crowd or our away attendence. I just love the fact that we have a beautiful stadium, a team that can grace that stadium and a football club that appears to be going in the right direct. You know what, after stanley, archer and belotti raped our club, after gillingham and withdean. we deserve this errrr FACT.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Millwall - 9576
Barnsley - 8088
Brum - 14929
Burnley - 11433
Hull - 15500

You're right league position wins the league not attendances. Where are you again?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
477 to Burnley? Fuuuuuuckin' 'ell.

Kids in glass houses and all that.

You mean shit? still ask Barcelona about their away support is all i can defend that with.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm sorry, I have literally no idea what you're trying to say.

Perhaps i am saying Barcelona have good home gates and not massive away crowds all the time...

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Perhaps i am saying Barcelona have good home gates and not massive away crowds all the time...

So...Brighton are like Barcelona?

Oh yeah, I forgot that you're easily the biggest club in this league, and are only a couple of years off the Champions League and getting 60 000 every week. Yeah, and we're just a spec in your rear view mirrow, right? Yeah, forgot all that. Sorry.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So...Brighton are like Barcelona?

Oh yeah, I forgot that you're easily the biggest club in this league, and are only a couple of years off the Champions League and getting 60 000 every week. Yeah, and we're just a spec in your rear view mirrow, right? Yeah, forgot all that. Sorry.

You have the colours we play like them and have the gates-yes

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If we get less than 7,652 for the Development Squad match at the Gaymex on Monday 3rd December v Premiership Swansea (1pm kick off) it will be a complete khazi and we'll never be considered as one of the biggest clubs ever and ten times the size of Palace. Plenty of time to take the afternoon off work so no excuses from anyone please.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
477to Burnley f-ck right off.

Must of been something special going on in Kemptown.
Tin pot and piss poor 25,000 One week and 477 to Turf moor after you just smashed Barnsley embarrassing really.

283245356-19032012131231.jpg

:thumbsup: Cheers :)

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Tin pot and piss poor 25,000 One week and 477 to Turf moor after you just smashed Barnsley embarrassing really.

Still wittering on about attendances, take a look at the table son and tell me what you see? Get used to it because Palace will not get above us once this season guaranteed, all you will get is the odd glimmer of hope and at best mid table. Keep posting though dullard because not one of your arguments holds and truth or substance and we both know the Albion are superior in every way, just take the time to breath and accept it.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

When was the last event that generated £millions for the croydoom area in visitors?

Funny how a huge event in Brighton may have stopped a few going to burnley :lol:, or the matter of a certain sussex cricket match either.

Sainsburys3tescos1 the poster that just keeps giving :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here