Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel's crowd

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How long before our supporters start crowing over how many replica shirts we've sold compared to Palace?

Or better still, how many pies.

Dull.

At least 40,000 replica shirts in the last 2 seasons , there were thousands bought over the summer just by the foreign exchange students wanting to take back a top to Spain because Vicente and Bruno are Albion players.
Over 11,500 pies sold at the first home game which amazed everyone at the club because it was a mid week fixture combined with more beer and lager sold than a regular Saturday game.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So your saying because arsenal didnt develop him to your standard he wasnt good enough ? Wrighty was a rough diamond who from his first appearance from the subs bench you could tell he was special . Obviously your staff didnt see this potential , i dont know why because it was so obvious .

Liam Bridcutt

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
To be fair we got 25k at home and yet we only took 477 to Burnley. That's very poor.

well there has already been an argument that football costs too much. However some of us still travel week in week out to games, and support our team. Good job we have a faithful few, cos most of the button monkeys on here wont bother.

We are not a big club like people think we are, we are an up and coming club. Leeds / forest & West Ham etc are big clubs, with a large following that travel in numbers every week.

lets not all think we are the worlds biggest club and start lording it over others, cos we will be mugging ourselves off...

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
you cant compare wrighty with bridcutt . but i remember he played a few pre season games and didnt do much for us .

The big myth is that Wright being let go was a mistake by our coaching staff,that they thought he was too small,the fact was he was not good enough to earn a contract with us compared to the squad we had.
Every club has a limit to the size of it's playing staff.Wright was not the sort of player we needed at the time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What a load of old tosh ! is that the same ian wright who came straight in our team in his first season and became a legend , or the same FFS murray who alot of you want back to form the dream team front two with golden boots CMS ?

Brighton made a mistake letting Wright go - no doubt about that. Knowing someone very well who worked at The Albion at the time, he says now that the club just though he was too small (same reason we released Roy Keane!)

Palace made a mistake letting Bridcutt go. These things happen.

Only difference is that Wright was years ago - we have Bridcutt, one of the best defensive midfield players outside of the Prem in our team NOW, helping us progess and move forward, whilst Palace struggle on in a stadium where in now under two years time one of it's stands WILL be closed due to H&S.

As far as Murray is concerned, he went for more money (Palace offered him a significant wage rise - given your financial history I'm surprised you can afford to pay him what you are.)

Oh, and Murray or CMS? That's a really tough one! I think not!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Still no announcement from CPFC2010 about the Smellhurst revamp , they have to do something soon before two of the stands are condemned under H&S

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Still no announcement from CPFC2010 about the Smellhurst revamp , they have to do something soon before two of the stands are condemned under H&S

I have only been told about one - the Arthur Wait.

Not surprised about H&S to be honest - the seats have metal sticking out ofthem, the toilets and stairs leading down to them are an accident waiting to happen.

Perhaps they intend to do nothing - after all they may feel they only need two stands?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I have only been told about one - the Arthur Wait.

Not surprised about H&S to be honest - the seats have metal sticking out ofthem, the toilets and stairs leading down to them are an accident waiting to happen.

Perhaps they intend to do nothing - after all they may feel they only need two stands?

The Arthur Wait is sinking.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Question for you R&B

If they stay and rebuild Selhurst, how do you think they will finance this?
If my memory is correct, the finance for the new staduim was coming in the main from the sale of Selhurst.

Sainsburys will play a huge part in the rebuild of Selhurst. I'm sure the ground will be named something along the lines of "Sainsburys @ Selhurst Park Stadium". Some people claim to have seen the plans and say the pitch has been rotated 90.

And yes your memory is correct.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sainsburys will play a huge part in the rebuild of Selhurst. I'm sure the ground will be named something along the lines of "Sainsburys @ Selhurst Park Stadium". Some people claim to have seen the plans and say the pitch has been rotated 90.

I have an inkling that it will be named the Winifred Zaha is God Arena.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Looking forward to the ORANGE luminescent kit ???

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Isn't there also a problem with the Holmesdale with stability issues (dodgy foundations at one end) ?

The lower concourse is flooded.

4362384840_162f313e2a.jpg

Above the "A, C, E and S" they are the entrances to the lower concourse and are blocked off.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester

Nectar points on match tickets and Jamie Oliver pies. God help you all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here