Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel's crowd

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yeah had a look and to be this time of the season is low,still some very low crowds.

Leicester 18k
Hull 15k
Derby 20k
Barnsley 8k
etc etc etc

It's getting to expensive still

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION]. Ultimately, football is too expensive for what it is. People forget that we have 23,000 season ticket holders because we have a fantastic new stadium and an affordable payment method - it isn't entirely down to what is happening on the pitch.

On another note, funny how the "loyalist fans in the country" at Portsmouth are really rallying round their club. 5,000 off the opening day gate for today's match against Oldham. 12,500 is alright in that league of course, but it was only 4 years ago when some twat was on here to tell us they needed a stadium to seat over 40,000. :lolol: Small time gimps.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I agree with [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION]. Ultimately, football is too expensive for what it is. People forget that we have 23,000 season ticket holders because we have a fantastic new stadium and an affordable payment method - it isn't entirely down to what is happening on the pitch.

On another note, funny how the "loyalist fans in the country" at Portsmouth are really rallying round their club. 5,000 off the opening day gate for today's match against Oldham. 12,500 is alright in that league of course, but it was only 4 years ago when some twat was on here to tell us they needed a stadium to seat over 40,000. :lolol: Small time gimps.

Price of football killing football at the top level!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

To be fair we got 25k at home and yet we only took 477 to Burnley. That's very poor.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair we get 25k at home and yet we only to 477 to Burnley. That's very poor.
Not enough southern aways for us this season. Our away following up north is going to be poor all season (until the end, if we're still challenging).

Actually, that should act as a wake up call to anyone who laughably thinks this club is the size of Leeds or Sheff Wed or even Wolves (and there were one or two last week). These clubs have relatively large dormant support all over the country and will consequently take a lot of fans to pretty much any away match.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not enough southern aways for us this season. Our away following up north is going to be poor all season (until the end, if we're still challenging).

Actually, that should act as a wake up call to anyone who laughably thinks this club is the size of Leeds or Sheff Wed or even Wolves (and there were one or two last week). These clubs have relatively large dormant support all over the country and will consequently take a lot of fans to pretty much any away match.
Do you think pride had a bearing on our away attendance today ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be fair we got 25k at home and yet we only took 477 to Burnley. That's very poor.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that Burnley have given the pre-sold tickets figure , those who paid on the gate (and the Charlie Oatway comps) were included in the total attendance figure to boost the home numbers.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Oh dear oh dear. Crystal Palace crowd is equally as spurious as that dodgy penalty that lead to them going ahead. That was a fine challenge. Disgusting.

Last edited:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

spot on with that! far too many people i know think we're huge and have the best support going - 477 is poor to be honest! even middlesborough took 7-800 to millwall today for a 12.45 k.o. with the loss of soton,pompy,reading and west ham i'd imagine our away support will end up being 5th-10th this season.still good but not on same level as sheff wed/leeds

Average reported attendances so far this season (with current league positions, in brackets):-

Sheffield Wednesday (6) 25066
Brighton & Hove Albion (4) 25056
Leeds United (7) 24078
Derby County (14) 24023
Wolverhampton Wndrs (18) 23131
Leicester City (9) 21259
Cardiff City (19) 21127
Nottingham Forest (3) 20660
Ipswich Town (17) 17980
Bolton Wanderers (20) 17206
Birmingham City (21) 16570
Charlton Athletic (16) 16430
Crystal Palace (23) 15576
Hull City (5) 15549
Middlesbrough (11) 15527
Huddersfield Town (15) 15459
Burnley (22) 14910
Blackpool (1) 14291
Blackburn Rovers (2) 13749
Bristol City (8) 13295
Watford (12) 11722
Millwall (10) 10293
Barnsley (13) 10146
Peterborough United (24) 8310

D

Deleted member 18477

Are we seriously going to have a thread about Palace's home attendance EVERY week again?:yawn:

Surely we might as well just wait till the end of the season and then just post the difference between the averages and totals!

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Definitely less than 10k with the no shows. When we play Wednesday on the 14th the crowd is expected to be over 26,000 and may even nudge past 27,000
Still waiting for your reply on that charity bet... bottlejob.

As for less than 10000, there was just over 14000 in actual attendance yesterday. Source: Senior Steward.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
no we have the crowds because we have room for them. I have supported Albion for years both home an daway. When i started we would get 30 k at the Goldstone and beat Palace . I then got married had Kids and had different priorities. I still followed the Albion but could not go due to financisl reasons. ( apparently you have to feed and clothe our chldren) As I now no longer work shifts and the kids have left home I can now go again. Since I have had my season ticket I have seen most of the old B***ers I used to go with at the Ground. Its nothing to do with the ground. On a positive note all 3 of my boys are also Albion fans by choice and not because I forced them. However when they were younger and naughty I did threaten to take them to a Palace game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here