Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you know anyone who is thinking of voting for Reform or likes Farag, forget immigration or arguing about nostalgi, concentrate on telling them he will privatise health.

Led by Donkeys is concentrating on if on F/B. The Telegraph is admitting it.

In 2012, under the guise of UKIP, he was giving out mixed messages talking about insurance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you know anyone who is thinking of voting for Reform or likes Farag, forget immigration or arguing about nostalgi, concentrate on telling them he will privatise health.

Led by Donkeys is concentrating on if on F/B. The Telegraph is admitting it.

In 2012, under the guise of UKIP, he was giving out mixed messages talking about insurance.

To add to the big picture, guess who's made a lot of money from non-advised insurance sales? Aaron Banks.

(Tightly regulated, affordable and subsidised health insurance like in France or The Netherlands is fine with me BTW, but I'm sure Reform's won't be, it'll be US style with minimal regulation).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To add to the big picture, guess who's made a lot of money from non-advised insurance sales? Aaron Banks.

(Tightly regulated, affordable and subsidised health insurance like in France or The Netherlands is fine with me BTW, but I'm sure Reform's won't be, it'll be US style with minimal regulation).
remember how once he won the referendum, Farage stepped forward to run and coordinate the implementation, ensuring it was done in his vision? no?

may be there isn't a big picture, it's just a collection of vague, kite flying ideas.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
These are charges for A&E in Guernsey

IMG_0393.jpeg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I hate Farage. He's an utter c**t and a cretin. This applies to anyone who wants to make everything sound so simple and decides that he is speaking on behalf of everyone else against "the political elite". Well you don't speak for me you frog-faced tosser or I suspect 85% of the country. So much so that you daren't even go to Scotland because you are hated there so much.

But you know what, I'm glad he's there because he is splitting the right-wing vote and has handed the keys to Labour. I'm not convinced by Labour at all but we are past the point where it matters that much - this lot need to go. The Tory party are in this mess because they have cow-towed to this idiot for years, wrecked the country in doing so, driving sane people away. And Reform's popularity will flat-line. They have maxed out at 17% and will not get more than that, especially when the decent, integral centre-right politicians return to prominence in the Tory party as needs to happen to put a clear line between Reform and the Conservative party. At the moment, the Tory party is being led by incompetent clones of Reform with the moderates waiting in the wings to take over once the election shit-show has played out.
I'm yet to read it, but this article outlines a different scenario to the one you do:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
News reporters in this country completely let us down when it comes to Farage, they play into his hands by asking questions he knows are coming and he's done his research and knows the figures etc, he completely owns them.

How about the next time he says about turning back the boats, or leaving the European Court a well research presenter calls his shit out and says why it's rubbish.

The same happened with Johnson.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
News reporters in this country completely let us down when it comes to Farage, they play into his hands by asking questions he knows are coming and he's done his research and knows the figures etc, he completely owns them.

How about the next time he says about turning back the boats, or leaving the European Court a well research presenter calls his shit out and says why it's rubbish.

The same happened with Johnson.

Well that worked a treat :laugh:

I think you vastly overestimate the British electorate, as proven conclusively (twice :facepalm: ) this is what they like and vote for

wanker.jpg

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well that worked a treat :laugh:

I think you vastly overestimate the British electorate, as proven conclusively (twice :facepalm: ) this is what they like and vote for

View attachment 184464
Unfortunately, I think you are absolutely right. There often seems to be, (as Johnson himself acknowledges) 'a herd'. At the moment 'the herd' is creaming itself over Farage and giving Reform some momentum; but herd interest is only in constantly monitoring and celebrating opinion polls. There is no great interest in the manifesto or the ideologies beyond its stance on migration....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Unfortunately, I think you are absolutely right. There often seems to be, (as Johnson himself acknowledges) 'a herd'. At the moment 'the herd' is creaming itself over Farage and giving Reform some momentum; but herd interest is only in constantly monitoring and celebrating opinion polls. There is no great interest in the manifesto or the ideologies beyond its stance on migration....

And there you go with those long words again :wink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Disagree with both of you on this. You're not talking about the electorate. You're talking about the electoral system, which distorts certain things, but not others (including Reform's seats in the next parliament).
And maybe have a serious think about why it is that so many within the electorate find Farage/Johnson appealing. It's more difficult to do this than to simply state that they're wrong (which they are, of course).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Disagree with both of you on this. You're not talking about the electorate. You're talking about the electoral system, which distorts certain things, but not others (including Reform's seats in the next parliament).
And maybe have a serious think about why it is that so many within the electorate find Farage/Johnson appealing. It's more difficult to do this than to simply state that they're wrong (which they are, of course).

Maybe we could ask some of them which policies persuaded them to vote for Reform?

We need sensible coalition governance so I'll be voting Reform so they can temper and offset Labour's loony left communistic tendency.

Same, Tory all my life, but won't be voting for that shower that are currently running it. Reform for now as a protest vote against them. Then hope that the Conservative party sorts its act out for next time. Who knows, maybe Labour will do a good job. I often say Blair was the best conservative PM of my life. I'd be happy if Starmer does what Blair does once in power but I'm not holding my breath.

My "party of choice" used indeed to be Tory, but they have screwed up in the last few years. However, having said that, I hate to imagine what an almighty mess the Labour Party would have made trying to steer the country through the Covid nonsense. I will actually be voting Reform UK this time around. Nigel's views are very much aligned with my own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here