Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only you could turn a thread about Nigel Farage into yet another attack on Corbyn. Are you losing your marbles?

Corbyn is no longer leader of the Labour Party. In fact, he isn't even a member of the Labour Party. He is standing as an Independent in Islington. Win or lose, he isn't going to be having any impact, good or bad, on anyones lives except for his constituents (if he wins).

I hope the above explanation puts your mind at rest and you can get a good nights sleep (and stop derailing other threads with your pointless attacks on grandpa).
And it isn't even an attack on Corbyn. I think you are the one losing their marbles :shrug: Calm down, dear.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We won't if we see it before @Guinness Boy merges it into this thread :wink:
I've just gone generic thread title for now.

I'm keeping the 'Reform meltdown incoming' title under wraps until poor ickle Nige gets asked another difficult question by a journalist, so I'd set your ETA for about 10.30am.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I've just gone generic thread title for now.

I'm keeping the 'Reform meltdown incoming' title under wraps until poor ickle Nige gets asked another difficult question by a journalist, so I'd set your ETA for about 10.30am.
"So Nige, mate. Welcome. Can I start by asking what makes you a 'man of the people'? Is it your expensive private education at Dulwich College? Your career as a commodities trader in the City? Your personal fortune of £ millions? Your recent account with Coutts, the bank used by the Royal Family? Your friendship with the billionaire property tycoon and convicted sex offender, Donald Trump?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"So Nige, mate. Welcome. Can I start by asking what makes you a 'man of the people'? Is it your expensive private education at Dulwich College? Your career as a commodities trader in the City? Your personal fortune of £ millions? Your recent account with Coutts, the bank used by the Royal Family? Your friendship with the billionaire property tycoon and convicted sex offender, Donald Trump?"
"Yeah, well, I'm backing reform. There isn't a lot of detail about the policies, but they are a breath of fresh air and he says it how it is. All the other parties are the same as each other, and you can't trust any of them. With reform....."

As vox-popped on radio 5 earlier today, yesterday and tomorrow (belongs to me).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_9816.jpeg
IMG_9817.jpeg

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Never forget who the real Nigel Farage is and what he stands for.
Problem is, a lot of his Gammony followers and worshippers can't forget, because they don't really know what he stands for in the first place; they just hear him being derogatory about people with darker skin, and claim that "Our Nige says it like it is." He give them permission to 'punch down' and blame others for their deprivation, and lack of hope for the future, but all the while, Farage is smirking off-camera.

So many useful idiots taken in by the Fake cheeky-chappy persona he's created, without knowing about his privileged background, and his views on anything beyond immigration. Like that other apparent 'loveable rogue', Boris Johnson, their public image is a carefully contrived act or performance to appeal to people who: a) want to be entertained by self-styled celebrities; b) applaud simplistic solutions to deep-rooted problems.

The fact that Farage (and Reform UK) think the Tory Party is too Left-wing and captured by Woke, shows how extreme and dangerous they are.
And like Brexit, some of Farage's more enthusiastic supporters are the very people who would suffer most from the ultra-Right policies he quietly advocates. But then, they would probably be easily persuaded that it was still someone else's fault - sabotage of his policies by the 'deep state'? - and that only Farage could save them.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Problem is, a lot of his Gammony followers and worshippers can't forget, because they don't really know what he stands for in the first place; they just hear him being derogatory about people with darker skin, and claim that "Our Nige says it like it is." He give them permission to 'punch down' and blame others for their deprivation, and lack of hope for the future, but all the while, Farage is smirking off-camera.

So many useful idiots taken in by the Fake cheeky-chappy persona he's created, without knowing about his privileged background, and his views on anything beyond immigration. Like that other apparent 'loveable rogue', Boris Johnson, their public image is a carefully contrived act or performance to appeal to people who: a) want to be entertained by self-styled celebrities; b) applaud simplistic solutions to deep-rooted problems.

The fact that Farage (and Reform UK) think the Tory Party is too Left-wing and captured by Woke, shows how extreme and dangerous they are.
And like Brexit, some of Farage's more enthusiastic supporters are the very people who would suffer most from the ultra-Right policies he quietly advocates. But then, they would probably be easily persuaded that it was still someone else's fault - sabotage of his policies by the 'deep state'? - and that only Farage could save them.
Yup 👍

As this illustrates only too well.

IMG_2202.jpeg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate Farage. He's an utter c**t and a cretin. This applies to anyone who wants to make everything sound so simple and decides that he is speaking on behalf of everyone else against "the political elite". Well you don't speak for me you frog-faced tosser or I suspect 85% of the country. So much so that you daren't even go to Scotland because you are hated there so much.

But you know what, I'm glad he's there because he is splitting the right-wing vote and has handed the keys to Labour. I'm not convinced by Labour at all but we are past the point where it matters that much - this lot need to go. The Tory party are in this mess because they have cow-towed to this idiot for years, wrecked the country in doing so, driving sane people away. And Reform's popularity will flat-line. They have maxed out at 17% and will not get more than that, especially when the decent, integral centre-right politicians return to prominence in the Tory party as needs to happen to put a clear line between Reform and the Conservative party. At the moment, the Tory party is being led by incompetent clones of Reform with the moderates waiting in the wings to take over once the election shit-show has played out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But at what point, in the face of all the mountains evidence about Farage, Reform and it's candidates, does the continued support and defence cease to be attributable to being 'Politically unsophisticated' (NF's own words) naivety or simple idiocy and reflect underlying traits that are far more obnoxious and abhorrent.

Or have we already gone past that point ???

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Absolutely a very dangerous man who manages to make things you might here down the pub after a few pints sound almost like real policy ideas, we have all done it at some point come up with a brilliant idea or two that’s so simple to the most complex of issues that you wonder why it’s not already happening well that’s probably because you really do not have any real understanding of the issues.
I can remember after a few pints announcing that I had the answer to all the problems in the Middle East by threatening to flatten the dome on the rock and turning it into a concrete car park unless all sides stop fighting demilitarise and sort out a proper two state solution then tell the oil produlcers to stop pumping oil and instead be the worlds electricity supplier cover the Middle East in solar panels!
It’s easy to come up with what seem like brilliant ideas sponsored by your favourite beer but in reality it’s rubbish just like all the dangerous things Fararge and Reform keep pushing out.

Last edited:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It’s remarkable how many simpletons we have in this country that fall for his one liner approaches in every campaign he does. Brexit it was £350m a week to the NHS, didn’t hear about anything else really. And he got over half the country (who voted) to go for it. This time it’s immigration, ‘get our Britain back’ , ‘put British people back to the front of the queue’

It’s not even hard to see through it, is it? Or do we just live in a country that has a hell of a lot of gammons

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I hate Farage. He's an utter c**t and a cretin. This applies to anyone who wants to make everything sound so simple and decides that he is speaking on behalf of everyone else against "the political elite". Well you don't speak for me you frog-faced tosser or I suspect 85% of the country. So much so that you daren't even go to Scotland because you are hated there so much.

But you know what, I'm glad he's there because he is splitting the right-wing vote. The Tory party are in this mess because they have cow-towed to this idiot for years, wrecked the country in doing so, driving sane people away. And Reform's popularity will flat-line. They have maxed out at 17% and will not get more than that, especially when the decent, integral centre-right politicians return to prominence in the Tory party as needs to happen to put a clear line between Reform and the Conservative party. At the moment, the Tory party is being led by incompetent clones of Reform with the moderates waiting in the wings to take over once the election shit-show has played out.
I hope you're correct, because the alternative is Farage proposing a merger and taking over the Tories, creating "Trump Tea Party" Conservatives where anyone to the left of Liz Truss is accused of being Conservative In Name Only.

Could such a party win a FTTP election? Maybe not. Would they poison the airwaves with their nonsense at every stage for the next five years? Absolutely.

From 5 July every single problem this country has, from the inflation caused by Truss, to the immigration they failed to control after Brexit, to the effects of Brexit, Austerity and partying through lockdown will somehow be blamed on Starmer, woke and 'illegals'.

Labour needs to hit the ground running, which is why I hope a lot of their blandness is simply Starmer 'carrying the Ming vase'.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It’s remarkable how many simpletons we have in this country that fall for his one liner approaches in every campaign he does. Brexit it was £350m a week to the NHS, didn’t hear about anything else really. And he got over half the country (who voted) to go for it. This time it’s immigration, ‘get our Britain back’ , ‘put British people back to the front of the queue’

It’s not even hard to see through it, is it? Or do we just live in a country that has a hell of a lot of gammons
I fear the answer is yes.

Of course, thinking or saying that makes us part of the 'liberal elite' that Farage (and Liz Truss) is targeting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here