Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Bit of a silly thing to say - trying to suggest my measured and proportionate response to this is politically motivated 😂

My reaction would be exactly the same, of course it would - havent you understood anything I’ve said? - if it were Starmer ( I don’t like him much btw or Dianne Abbot) or anyone frankly. It’s not funny, it’s infantile and a criminal offence which could get you up to a maximum of 6 mnths imprisonment - all of which I’ve said several times over.

However, a girl throwing a milkshake at a politician it also is NOT the start of a slippery slope of copycat milkshake throwing that will lead to mass insurrection as some folk are suggesting nor is it the beginning of the breakdown of democracy. For that you need to look at the neo-fascist ideology that Farage is linked to and his association with Bannon, Trump, Orban and the rest of his far right chums.

As for copycat actions that could lead to murder that’s ridiculous sorry but it is.

There’s really no hope for any of us if people think it’s such an easy progression from throwing a drink over someone to picking up a weapon and ending their life. Geez 😱

The OTT moralising and outrage on this minor issue in the greater scheme of what’s going on in the world is astonishing - I assume they are Tory or Reform supporters who have been so profoundly triggered.
OK, I apologise for misconstruing then. It was your simple "Quite" comment that I found peculiar. I do though disagree with the copycat side of things. You and hopefully I are of sound mind but there are plenty who aren't who could see the incident and think, I could go and do that and perhaps give him a slap for good measure and then the next person.....

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
OK, I apologise for misconstruing then. It was your simple "Quite" comment that I found peculiar. I do though disagree with the copycat side of things. You and hopefully I are of sound mind but there are plenty who aren't who could see the incident and think, I could go and do that and perhaps give him a slap for good measure and then the next person.....
I had said much more than that earlier. 😉

I was just agreeing with @Herr Tubthumper that some of the outrage has been an over-reaction that’s all - still do.

(The thought of people queuing up to slap Farage one after the other is an intriguing one 🤔)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He was out in Normandy today trying to get himself on the D-Day stuff like the tosser he is, trying to bask in their reflected glory

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Love him or .....him, he is having an immediate impact on the election

Yep - It may be even be a battle between Labour and Reform in my Constituency- Liz Truss is very unpopular and in a Constituency that had UKIP as the second largest party to Cons, the Reform party is already looking like it could push Cons into 3rd place after Labour. 🤞

There’s no question that Farage has a cult of personality as does Trump - it’s a shame the majority of the electorate are too lazy to delve under the surface and just see Reform as a rehashed version of the centre right Tory block.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
farage2.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Question for you, yes it was only a milkshake, and ignoring the escalation paths. Would you have still said "Quite" it was only a milkshake if it was done to Starmer?, or Diane Abbot or Lammy or Rayner etc. I think the fact it was Farage who of course has such polar opinions about him doesn't mean he is fair game. In order to have a democratic society you have to allow people who don't share your views to speak without physical recourse.
I’m not condoning it, but fascists received far worse in the past. Mosley had bricks thrown at him.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Question for you, yes it was only a milkshake, and ignoring the escalation paths. Would you have still said "Quite" it was only a milkshake if it was done to Starmer?, or Diane Abbot or Lammy or Rayner etc. I think the fact it was Farage who of course has such polar opinions about him doesn't mean he is fair game. In order to have a democratic society you have to allow people who don't share your views to speak without physical recourse.
My humble opinion is that it was staged!! Got Farage on the front of the papers and if you look at the picture on the front of the Sun (No I didn't buy it) the picture is focused on the woman not Farage.
The image consultants played a blinder.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Election dilemma.

Within range are Nigel Farage, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Liz Truss, Michael Gove and Boris.

But you only have the one milkshake.......
There's only one man for a job like that - Rocco Siffredi.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do you believe that nett migration of +800,000 a year is sustainable - and as a Green Party supporter (if you are) where would you house everyone?

I don't understand how huge population increases (that's a city the size of Leeds every year) and preservation of the countryside is compatible.
I think that what is always missing from this debate is the context. Of course +800,000 is sustainable given the right resources, services and (as you allude to) housing.

Farage et al's argument over the last 15 years has missed the importance of austerity in the equation, instead blaming immigrants and the EU for stretched services etc.

The immigration discussion is locked in a negative context failing to acknowledge the factors mentioned above. If someone like Farage was honest about the discussion he would be talking about the necessary number of migrants to keep the economy going, or even the optimal number to get the economy running at its best. With the caveat that the numbers need to be backed up by services and infrastructure.

TL:DR the bloke is a shyster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here