Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Cloughes comments tonight.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Giving the ball away in midfield, failing to get men in the box and hit them with accurate crosses was not plan A executed to perfection was it ?
No, the midfield was weak.

But plan A is keeping the ball, and move it around the defense, push up, release runners down the wing.

Brum & Ipswich had no desire to push up field.
Fannying around with the ball, which I love, doesn't work if they aren't prepared to be drawn out.
Playing, slowly, on the halfway line cuts out a lot of space, not allowing our players the area to run into.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
...and at that exact point I lost all respect I had for your posts.

Seriously wind it in, you are clueless with comments like that. You are giving Poyet 5 games.

So please can you also name your replacement now.
So saying we don't win for 5 more games. That's 8 games. That would be the third time in less than one and a half season we have gone on a winless streak of 8 games or more. Our chairman wants promotion. Do you think he's going to except that?

IF we went on that run, that puts us in Mid November lower mid table with games at Huddersfield and Wolves to follow.

Do you think the fans wont be firmly on his back at Falmer?

If it was the first time like last season fine. But its happening for the 3rd time in 13 months.

So how many games would you give him, if we continue to lose and draw and not score goals?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No, the midfield was weak.

But plan A is keeping the ball, and move it around the defense, push up, release runners down the wing.

Brum & Ipswich had no desire to push up field.
Fannying around with the ball, which I love, doesn't work if they aren't prepared to be drawn out.
Playing, slowly, on the halfway line cuts out a lot of space, not allowing our players the area to run into.

What do think plan B could be then ?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
As much as myself and [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] are singing from the same hymn book, on this particular point.
We most definitely aren't on the same page, chapter or even half of the book
Okay. Imagine we haven't won for 8 games, and with the games coming up if that did happen it could quite easily run into ten plus on the evidence of the last few games.... how long would you give him? You make out 5 more is ridiculous, so how many?

8?

10?

Rest of the season?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Okay. Imagine we haven't won for 8 games, and with the games coming up if that did happen it could quite easily run into ten plus on the evidence of the last few games.... how long would you give him? You make out 5 more is ridiculous, so how many?

8?

10?

Rest of the season?

We haven't won in 3 and you are debating sacking the manager. Are you real ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

8?

10?

Rest of the season?

Rest of the season and next-for me it all comes down to players or at the moment our lack of them-bit like last December before the Saints game only not as bad-

Put Crofts Vicente CMS and Bruno in the side and we are transformed-plan A works well at League 1 level but it is done slowly because league 1 players are just that,at Championship level we need better players,i would love to see Gus & his style with the worlds best players at his disposal...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do think plan B could be then ?
Christ I don't know, I'm just a fat bloke with a keyboard.

Who was pretty disappointed to see the same thing happening twice.

Neither side were that interested in scoring a second, which frees up at least one player.

How that 'advantage' gets used I don't know, but neither team had anything different to think about.
They both knew exactly what we were going to do, and we didn't disappoint.

That's got to make it easier to defend.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

:lolol: I'm not sure which is funnier. This thread, or the Bollox bus thread. But [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] is turning on the style again here.

I've nothing against the poster, just the opinions expressed.

That is hilarious! :clap: :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

8?

10?

Rest of the season?

As long as he wants.
I love the way we play so much better than last season, and the quality of the players we have.

All the time we are 'feared' in this division, I'm a happy man.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
And I thought it was because they were both the wrong side of 30 and would just add experience to the team.
No Kuszczak came here with the promise of premiership football and a premiership contract. You don't sign the likes of him, Bruno, Bridge, resign Vicente for another season of mid table championship football.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Rest of the season and next-for me it all comes down to players or at the moment our lack of them-bit like last December before the Saints game only not as bad-

Put Crofts Vicente CMS and Bruno in the side and we are transformed-plan A works well at League 1 level but it is done slowly because league 1 players are just that,at Championship level we need better players,i would love to see Gus & his style with the worlds best players at his disposal...
So if we didn't win another game this season, you wouldn't want a change. Okay fine. I don't think many will shae that view.

Gus' style would probably be amazing with the best players at his disposal. But he hasn't. And the sooner he realises that the better.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I always had you down as a skinny guy in Lycra, what with all the bike racing stuff.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
So if we didn't win another game this season, you wouldn't want a change. Okay fine. I don't think many will shae that view.

Gus' style would probably be amazing with the best players at his disposal. But he hasn't. And the sooner he realises that the better.

You're now saying another game this season. I think if any team went 30+ games there would be questions, especially as we are playing very well.

Who would you want to replace Poyet, Mr burns? You've not answered that question which is important if we need to potentially replace by the end of the month if we give him the 3-5 games.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Normally I would completly agree. But its not the three games. Its the way we have won a row of games, and then go on a winless run without hardly scoring. Its the third time in 13 months it has happened. Hopefully its a blip and will beat Middlesbrough Leicester or Blackpool, but Gus' style and arrogant way of sticking with a failing system, suggests history of a year and 6 months ago is starting to repeat itself again. That's why I debating how long would you give the manager IF this run does continue like last season. For me its five more games before you seriosuly start considering your opitions. The only other call so far is 36 games.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Normally I would completly agree. But its not the three games. Its the way we have won a row of games, and then go on a winless run without hardly scoring. Its the third time in 13 months it has happened. Hopefully its a blip and will beat Middlesbrough Leicester or Blackpool, but Gus' style and arrogant way of sticking with a failing system, suggests history of a year and 6 months ago is starting to repeat itself again. That's why I debating how long would you give the manager IF this run does continue like last season. For me its five more games before you seriosuly start considering your opitions. The only other call so far is 36 games.

I don't know why you continually repeat that Poyet continues with a failing system. We signed Billy Painter and Sam Vokes last season, and did change the system. It didn't work though, which is why I maintain that players are more important than systems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here