Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton [Merged]

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i didnt think they were doing that bad, certainly worse teams around than them, I though they started off really bad, but had settled.

Football has gone crazy

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was actually beginning to like Nigel. The job he was doing there reminded me of my own successes on Football Manager. :lolol:

Get promoted to the Premier League, change the shape, loan out the players who blatantly aren't good enough like Dean Hammond and then get sacked halfway through. :down:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Adkins to Chelsea.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just the most ludicrous sacking yet this season, and that is saying something.

Back-to-back promotions, and now punching WELL above their weight, making a decent stab at staying up. They sit 15th, and are unbeaten in 5, and have just clawed back from 2-0 down at Chelsea to get a point. Looks like everyone was playing for him, and they were finding their feet in the Premiership.

How on EARTH can that justify a sacking. Mental. Unlike many on here I don't dislike Southampton, but I hope they drop like a brick from here.
I don't dislike them either, and I agree with every word of this.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Adkins to be sacked possibly as early as tomorrow.

A Nepalling decision considering they haven't been that bad lately.

Missed this first time bravo.

So they've replaced him with a guy that can't speak English and was in charge of a team 3 points off relegation in la liga. Brilliant.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't mind him, and I expect him to get another job pretty sharpish. I don't know why everyone's going on about Blackpool/Blackburn. I reckon he could do a job at Villa or Sunderland. I reckon they'll be the next jobs up for grabs in the top flight. Maybe Chelsea might take a punt :jester:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It particularly tickles me when, in these situations, a club has clearly made a decision to sack a manager and replace him and the team then goes and gets a completely unexpected result.

When they came back from 2 down at Chelsea, Cortese et al must have been going "Oh, bollocks..."

They're unbeaten in 5 games, tough draws away at Fulham and Stoke, big performance at home to draw against Arsenal, beat Villa away, and then an excellent fight back at the Bridge. They've been looking okay since they beat Reading at the start of December.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Someone losing their job is NEVER funny.

I didnt actually think it was true!! But shocking decision........and you are correct about the losing your job part, but in this case, Im not that bothered about him, he will get paid off, he earns a stupid amount of money, so I think he will survive.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The both contained confirmation. One of them had it over twenty minutes before your thread. The other had it in the same minute you posted your thread

i whole heartily apologise for starting a thread announcing Adkins had been sacked I never knew it would upset so many because another thread had started 20 mins earlier ,
I was watching sky sports news when the announcement was made and thought I'd make a quick thread on NSC about it
Once again I apologise for offending the NSC thread starting patrol

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didnt actually think it was true!! But shocking decision........and you are correct about the losing your job part, but in this case, Im not that bothered about him, he will get paid off, he earns a stupid amount of money, so I think he will survive.

Life isn't all about money though is it. It particularly annoys me with the attitude that as long as he's paid off he'll be fine. Sure financially he doesn't have to worry the same as when others lose their job, but nevertheless, some of these people live for their work, and it is a bitter blow. Do you think Fergie needs the money still at 67!? They just love the job generally, and getting sacked must be a hammer blow, especially given they've been doing well, and what he's achieved there.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Seriously, the main thread was the very FIRST thread on the FIRST page.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here