Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton [Merged]

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't stand the man, but how stupid is that - they just seem to have turned a corner in the Prem

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
This decision is nuts. As we all do I think Adkins is a tool, but you have got to take your hat off to him and say two promotions on the bounce is a fine achievement.

Looking at the table today, you would actually think they are more likely to stay up than go down (especially as Villa and Newcastle seem in freefall).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No they didn't tell me he's been sacked this one has the headline
Adkins Sacked, so there

The both contained confirmation. One of them had it over twenty minutes before your thread. The other had it in the same minute you posted your thread

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If they have they are complete morons mans a tosser but a good manager

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not a great fan of Nigel but I do feel sorry for him. What on Earth has he done wrong apart from not speaking with a foreign accent?
Back to back promotions 15th in the table and an away draw at Chelsea.

What does the board expect ,champions League football next season?
F**king Crazy.

Really hope they get relegated now.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just the most ludicrous sacking yet this season, and that is saying something.

Back-to-back promotions, and now punching WELL above their weight, making a decent stab at staying up. They sit 15th, and are unbeaten in 5, and have just clawed back from 2-0 down at Chelsea to get a point. Looks like everyone was playing for him, and they were finding their feet in the Premiership.

How on EARTH can that justify a sacking. Mental. Unlike many on here I don't dislike Southampton, but I hope they drop like a brick from here.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I am so pleased for their manager Nigel Adkins because earlier in the season I think he was only a couple of defeats away from the sack. I am glad they stuck with him, and he is getting it right. " Lawro's prediction for Monday's game.

O.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It particularly tickles me when, in these situations, a club has clearly made a decision to sack a manager and replace him and the team then goes and gets a completely unexpected result.

When they came back from 2 down at Chelsea, Cortese et al must have been going "Oh, bollocks..."

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I also cannot stand the prick, but I am so glad we have got an Albion fan running our club and not those wankers down at Stains.

These clubs run by non fans, and especially the faceless foreigners are a fcuking joke

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here