Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forster was also speaking with the lino in the 1st half I noticed. Not BERATING him as such, just making a point about something from about 30 yards away, which actually ended with a mutual thumbs-up signal between Forster AND the lino (although I dunno if this was the same lino who he later "fell out" with in the 2nd half, can't recall whether the lino's switched sides after half time).

I have no problem with Forster speaking / moaning with officials - he's the captain after all. As long as he doesn't overstep the mark, which I guess he must have done, as his booking came after the lino flagged to call the ref over to "grass him up" during a break in play just after we'd won a free kick.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I have to say I noticed Forster moaning at the ref almost non stop. There is no point going on about a decision which has been a gone for nearly 5 minutes but as soon as the ref is within a few yards Forster starts moaning again.

It can't help him when it comes to the 50/50 decisions and it was only a matter of time before he was booked.

Not a good example to set as a captain. Moaning at bad passes ect if fine though as long as it doesn't lead to any fallings out, but i'm sure most of the players are more than use to him by now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yep that would be TWAT, that was liquid football, good correction

YouTube - Alan Partridge Road To World Cup

Just worth watching again and again, perhaps we could persuade Andrew Hawes to give it ago after Nickeys next strike.

Mumble, mumble, here's Cox on the right, Whing overlapping, mumble, crozzes low to Forster, just mumble the penalty area, defender in close atterszhon, mumble, looks to shhhhhoot... THRIKER - FORSTER MUST HAVE A FOOT LIKE A TRACTION ENGINE. It's 1-0 to Brighton, and you can EAT MY GOAL.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Mumble, mumble, here's Cox on the right, Whing overlapping, mumble, crozzes low to Forster, just mumble the penalty area, defender in close atterszhon, mumble, looks to shhhhhoot... THRIKER - FORSTER MUST HAVE A FOOT LIKE A TRACTION ENGINE. It's 1-0 to Brighton, and you can EAT MY GOAL.

:lol: yep that would brighton up my listening

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I have to say I noticed Forster moaning at the ref almost non stop. There is no point going on about a decision which has been a gone for nearly 5 minutes but as soon as the ref is within a few yards Forster starts moaning again.

It can't help him when it comes to the 50/50 decisions and it was only a matter of time before he was booked.

Not a good example to set as a captain. Moaning at bad passes ect if fine though as long as it doesn't lead to any fallings out, but i'm sure most of the players are more than use to him by now.

Thank f*** for that - I thought I was watching a different game to everyone else!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
You say that his ability is not in question, I would have thought that had it been so you would then have been justified in you critiscism, what you term moaning we interpret as geeing up, which in my view is what a captains job is all about, and I can assure you that the players will not respond to anyone they dont respect. Get off his back, and as far as I am concerned you can take your moaning elsewhere. constructive criticism we can accept and join in with, but moaning and after only one game, who needs fans like you, Brighton and Hove Albion dont

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Anyone else notice him give the old 1-0 to some Crewe fans behind the goal after they were giving him some stick.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Get off his back, and as far as I am concerned you can take your moaning elsewhere. constructive criticism we can accept and join in with, but moaning and after only one game, who needs fans like you, Brighton and Hove Albion dont

Oh, sort it out.

"Who needs fans like me?" - well, actually, i'm one of few who stuck it out last season, i got to 75% of all games, and I support the team. If you're a player, that means I pay your wages - without fans like me, the club wouldn't survive. So get off your high horse. This message board is for opinion - my only gripe with Saturday was Forster's petulance, there's barely a single other thing to complain about. I don't moan at the team at matches, and I don't aim my NSC posts at player. If you don't like it, don't read it, put me on ignore or something.

:tosser:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You say that his ability is not in question, I would have thought that had it been so you would then have been justified in you critiscism, what you term moaning we interpret as geeing up, which in my view is what a captains job is all about, and I can assure you that the players will not respond to anyone they dont respect. Get off his back, and as far as I am concerned you can take your moaning elsewhere. constructive criticism we can accept and join in with, but moaning and after only one game, who needs fans like you, Brighton and Hove Albion dont

Quite right.

What about Brian Horton when captain. The biggest moaniest, back chatting skipper we ever had.

He also happened to be the best we ever had. Few Brighton fans who was around then will argue.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Anyone else notice him give the old 1-0 to some Crewe fans behind the goal after they were giving him some stick.

No, I was too busy going absolutely APESHIT MENTAL & that. What did they do? Gave Fozzie a polite round of applause; or a collective, knowing chortle perhaps?? ;)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh no this was in the first half when we were only 1-0 up.

Oh, right. I didn't notice that, I have to admit. I think I might've still been suffering from the concussion I self-induced after celebrating Virgs' opener. Yeah, that'll definitely be it. Possibly. :(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely as captain he has the right to moan. The team were communicating verbally on Saturday which shows their determination. The yellow card was the other side of the pitch to where we were. After being awarded a free kick by the ref , it appeared that Fozzy said something to the lino which caused him to wave his flag to bring the ref over , maybe it was just a cynical remark , anything stronger would have been an instant red.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did anyone else, apart from the Crewe defenders, wonder where their keeper was when Forster broke away with the ball? I imagined he would have easily had time to get to it before Nicky F, but amazingly he stayed on his line.

He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights - I reckon Forster was always SLIGHT favourite to get there first, but you usually see the keeper come charging out in that situation to just take EVERYTHING. Once he stayed on his line though, and you could see Forster wouldn't even need to take a touch, there was only ever going to be one result. One of those lovely situations when you just KNOW its a goal before its even in the net.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
So you are one of the fans who stuck it out last season, well im one of the fans who have stuck it out since 1956 ( as you can see from my all time Brighton hero Jimmy Langley ). No one is questioning your attendance, its your attitude and I think disloyality to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here