Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
In reply to WW first post:
1. Maybe he picked up a booking for something he wouldn't have last season, now he knows where the line is and I'm sure he will be just slightly more careful next time.
2. Thats bollocks. Good players always want the ball, and are bound to be frustrated when they don't get it, it just shows he is hungry for goals and ultimately the team to be winning. Leading from the front. If you hadn't noticed players often turn away is frustration when they miss, not thinking about the setup. There have been no signs of a difficult relationship between those two, your just shit stirring and I can't think why? I also noticed Nicky encouraging players a number of times which you haven't mentioned at all!!
You may also like to think about the half chances that came his way, where did they come from? His own hard work on two occasions I can think of straight away. I could go on and on about how ridiculous this thread is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a great thing to have a captain that constantly moans in my experience. Our best captain since I've been watching the Albion was Nobby Horton who moaned at and berated everyone all through games and regularly had a running argument with the ref during the game whilst play was going on. Caring passionalty does result in stupid bookings but is part of parcel of most of the best captain's games.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Alan Shearer used to moan more than any player I can remember, but he wasn't too bad in front of goal either.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm not even gonna add to this pointless thread :angry:

*Shuffles off to implode via the force of massive irony *

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Ignoring the comment about moaning (or not, whatever the case may be), on which I cant comment because I wasn't there, I think putting up Nicky's undisputed talent against the silly booking is kind of like comparing an elephant to a penguin. They're two different things. I wouldn't expect a booking for being mouthy to an official from such an experienced player, especially one who has been given the priv. of being captain again and should be showing an example to young fans. I have personally seen him being a bit vocal to the officials at Withdean so I'm not suprised about the booking, but if there's a clampdown on it (and rightly so IMHO) I know he's clever enough and long in the tooth enough to have learned from the experience and keep his comments directed in the right way to encourage his team or give them a verbal kick when they need it. Lets hope he's learned from it - he cant beat Whingy's record for cards, surely! lol!

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Who cares what he says, the guy gets goals, as a centre forward thats all that matters. End of.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just watch that goal at Crewe, injury time, shrugs off the defender and in the words of Alan Partridge 'Twack'.

Thank you Nicky, plesae do that again and again and again this season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Come off it, we wouldn't know it was Monday if WW wasn't moaning about something.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell recalled a story on Saturday regarding Forster and Adam El-Abd from the Ipswich friendly.

After El-Abd's eleventyth ambitious crossfield pass aimed at Cox or McLeod was intercepted by the full-back, Forster, being his captain, decided to say something. It was apparently picked up quite clearly by the North Stand.

'Adam!' No reply.

'ADAM!' Still looking into space.

'ADAM EL-ABD!'. Finally a recognition his captain was talking to him. From 40 yards away. 'STOP f***ing DOING THAT...'

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Indeed. For every 1 complaint he makes (which are always justified in my opinion) there are 10 occasions when he rallies our team like no albion captain I've seen before. Not only, as you say, did he encourage our lot to keep going when Crewe scored, he led the way by hitting the scorebag himself. Nicky Forster - Legend:bowdown:

I agree with Badg. We don't hear what Forster is saying when he is "moaning" do we. We can only go by the body language which cant be 100% accurate.

I was a bit disappointed with his booking though - as already said, he should be setting an example.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lord Bracknell recalled a story on Saturday regarding Forster and Adam El-Abd from the Ipswich friendly.

After El-Abd's eleventyth ambitious crossfield pass aimed at Cox or McLeod was intercepted by the full-back, Forster, being his captain, decided to say something. It was apparently picked up quite clearly by the North Stand.

'Adam!' No reply.

'ADAM EL-ABD!'. Finally a recognition his captain was talking to him. From 40 yards away. 'STOP f***ing DOING THAT...'

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

'Adam!' No reply.

Now you see if Hammond had been captain at the time, he'd have just led by example. And disappeared completely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here