Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite right.

What about Brian Horton when captain. The biggest moaniest, back chatting skipper we ever had.

He also happened to be the best we ever had. Few Brighton fans who was around then will argue.

Too many Brighton fans have never seen the benefit of a really moany captain, if they had they would NOT be moaning about Forster.

Moany captains tend to be winners - Roy Keane anyone?

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
So you are one of the fans who stuck it out last season, well im one of the fans who have stuck it out since 1956 ( as you can see from my all time Brighton hero Jimmy Langley ). No one is questioning your attendance, its your attitude and I think disloyality to the club.

That sort of pissed on his fireworks! :lol:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Quite right.

What about Brian Horton when captain. The biggest moaniest, back chatting skipper we ever had.

He also happened to be the best we ever had. Few Brighton fans who was around then will argue.

This is the truth !
Nobby was relentless in his harranging of the officials, and I'm sure he won us some dubious decisions from them just to shut him up. But what a leader !

:thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So you are one of the fans who stuck it out last season, well im one of the fans who have stuck it out since 1956 ( as you can see from my all time Brighton hero Jimmy Langley ). No one is questioning your attendance, its your attitude and I think disloyality to the club.

What the hell do you know about my attitude? Absolutely bugger all - you just assume it reflects a NSC persona. Utter crap.

How the hell is saying that Forster moaning is petty (which it is!) being disloyal?!?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This is the truth !
Nobby was relentless in his harranging of the officials, and I'm sure he won us some dubious decisions from them just to shut him up. But what a leader !

:thumbsup:

Thirded, and he was the best penalty taker we ever had.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
He was only moaning at Murray because he wasn't giving him much decent service. How can you moan at the man who scores a 90th minute winner to get us off to a great start for the season?

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Seems to like a moan but also leads b example and appears to be a model pro.

Was captain for most of the season after Hammond left and nobody was pointing out faults then.

I don't agree with Thomson being picked as captain. It seems to me there is literally no evidence of why he would make a good captain other than that he was skipper at his last club and therefore some people think it sounds an intelligent thing to suggest.

Forster as captain for me with Elphick ready to take over next season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I was near you at one match. You do moan. You didn't f***ing shut up.

Yeah, right - you don't even know me! The only thing i've moaned at at matches is Wilkins and Martot...and you can't do that for 90 minutes as much as i'd loft it to be possible!

:rolleyes:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Yeah, right - you don't even know me! The only thing i've moaned at at matches is Wilkins and Martot...and you can't do that for 90 minutes as much as i'd loft it to be possible!

:rolleyes:

Forest away last season. I think Wilkins and Martot were actually a main part of your moaning that I witnessed.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Forest away last season. I think Wilkins and Martot were actually a main part of your moaning that I witnessed.

Could have been anyone...but in fairness, that was the one game I attended last season hammered, so it may well have been me. :D

And I STILL can't believe we were so negative as to hold a last minute free kick in the corner flag rather than go for goal, before the crowd rejoiced at a nil nil draw.......

But yes, me, moan? Never!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have to say, I definitely noticed last season how much Forster moans at the ref and linos. However, I don't recall getting pissed off becuase he picked up silly cards for it ( suppose this is where the seasoned pro bit comes in )

I think Forsters the best choice for captain we have at the mo. I want a very vocal captain, and if he gees players up without destroying their confidence then I'm happy for him to shout at who he likes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here