Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicky forster puts in transfer request

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I can understand why he would do it, to force the clubs hand but now? the day before quite a big game? extremely poor timing by the lad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This just makes no sense whatsoever. Window is shut, contract is up in the summer anyway, so the only possible reason why he would slap in a transfer request now is to make a BIG point to the club, publically.

Can only assume he is mightily pissed off either about what he's been offered, or perhaps that they've not even opened negotiations on a new deal yet ? This is such a bolt from the blue from him. I'm genuinely shocked (and not a little dismayed).

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
does the transfer window re open before season end?

Nope but I guess he could be loaned out with view to a permanent move in the summer - or be released from his contract so he can sign somewhere else for free -all pretty unlikely given our current situation though

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Could be he's decided he's not impressed with the manager? Rightly or wrongly but as the brains of the team I'm concerned at why he should decide to do this now. Doesn't strike me as a toys out of the pram type of player.

I'd say he's had plenty of opportunity to do that with some of the previous incumbents he has worked under here....

WorthingGull

Feb 2, 2009
Gutted to hear this. He's been our best player for the last three years. With Murray likely to move back up north in the summer the forward line is gonna look pretty inexperienced. Hope Tony Blooms giving Poyet a lot of money to re-build!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Apparently the Argus are running their own follow-up to the John Terry story, with an "exclusive" about how Forster has been knocking off Darren Caskeys ex.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
This just makes no sense whatsoever. Window is shut, contract is up in the summer anyway, so the only possible reason why he would slap in a transfer request now is to make a BIG point to the club, publically.

Can only assume he is mightily pissed off either about what he's been offered, or perhaps that they've not even opened negotiations on a new deal yet ? This is such a bolt from the blue from him. I'm genuinely shocked (and not a little dismayed).

Maybe its a cunning plan to get a improved contract, or he is fed up with the situation we're in at this moment in time. Things were supposed to be better this season, but we're still heading backwards and he must be fed up with the direction we're going.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
This is very worrying. I have always seen Nicky as a model pro and cant believe that he would do anything to destabilise the club.

If he was thinking something along these lines then i would have expected him to keep his cards close to his chest.

The loan window opens on monday & i can only think that a championship club has tapped him up & turned his head

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe its a cunning plan to get a improved contract, or he is fed up with the situation we're in at this moment in time. Things were supposed to be better this season, but we're still heading backwards and he must be fed up with the direction we're going.

If that really was the reason (which I doubt), then he wouldn't have waited till 4 days after the window closed. The timing is just so bizarre, it makes me wonder whether there has been some kind of unsavoury incident to trigger it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
How does this work, he would need to be released like Livermore to sign for anyone or could he go out on loan on Monday and we bring someone in.

I am shocked however it is just on a sky banner, how accurate are they and could it be his agent stoking things up.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Maybe Poyet has dropped him for Saturday and the toys have come out of the pram?

Could be the likely senario, although he does not come across as the "toys out of the pram" sort of guy. He would probably be pissed off if he had just been told that Holroyd was replacing him tomorrow and that he was on the bench. If it was a contract thing I don't think he would have done it just before a big game.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So how would Sky Sports get the news first. From his agent?

I really think it disgusting if he's made this public himself. Whether the club are stalling on contract negotiations or not he has a responsibilty to contracted plays, the club and the fans not to rock the boat for personal gain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here