Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicky forster puts in transfer request

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
If I was Nicky, I'd be f***ed off that people like Adam El-Abd are being secured on longer deals before him. It's clear that he is a level-headed man, and would not take a decision like this lightly. If we have treated him badly, I will be incredibly disappointed with the powers-that-be, because he has been an absolute hero for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps he's been offered a one year extension when he wants two years?

Who knows.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
to force the club to start negotiating?

he has bills to pay after all and needs security which it seems we can't or won't offer

fair call and the correct answer, for those of you that thought nicky forster was an albion legend and loved this club above all others......... heres your reality check, hes human and looks after his and his own.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Has done well in the past..and up until recently this season, but has looked a bit tired and slow the last few games.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't understand the timing at all. He isn't going to be transferred before season end and he is free to talk to other clubs now anyway.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't understand the timing at all. He isn't going to be transferred before season end and he is free to talk to other clubs now anyway.

To help put him in the shop window for when he can be transferred? And to give the club a kick up the arse to offer him a new contract?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Do you think it has anything to do with the rumours of this Hull guy coming here? Could we have another JT situation?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
or has he fallen out with Gus ..? He's a strong willed individual and speaks his mind ... and before you ask 'No, I don't know anything ...'

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
Has done well in the past..and up until recently this season, but has looked a bit tired and slow the last few games.

you are kidding right ?, if we had anyone who could guarnatee goals on our bench he could play 70 minutes and come off as he is our main goal threat and has been all season he plays 90 every game, one of the fittest players at the club and without his goals we would be bottom four no doubt !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If he wants two years then give him two years. He'll still be a quality striker next season even if he starts to slow down his experience is worth it weight it gold whether in training, on the pitch or in the dressing room.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
On the bright side, he is nearing the end of his career and if he does go it frees up decent wages, as he must be the best paid player in the club. Let's hope if he goes, and I hope not, we spend the money wisely to pay another quality players wages and not on two or three (ones for the future).

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
To help put him in the shop window for when he can be transferred? And to give the club a kick up the arse to offer him a new contract?

He can probably achieve both those things without handing in a transfer request and disrupting things in what is pretty important few months for the club

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The guy has the ability to score at any point of any game against any opposition, bad for us, good for whomever snaps him up,will miss the bloke if he goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here