Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster and a Brighton Fan on Twitter re Glenn Murray.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Got to laugh at the bitterness. Nicky Forster had an interesting conversation with a Brighton fan on twitter about Murray, confirming what we know, and that he's not being paid astronomical wages!

Brighton fan: Foz , what do you think of Murray's move from brighton to main rivals Palace?

Nicky Forster: think he had to do it pal I know that won't be popular but believe me most if not all would have done the same in his position !

BF: why would they? Surely Brighton are more on the up??

NF: everything considered the whole package was far better at Palace !

BF: Only Money!

NF: whole package like I said pal Palace made more effort to get him than Brighton did to keep him ! Fact ! !

BF: Poyet wants players who want to play for him , glenn is a good player but not a loyal player! Still have BHA in your heart?

NF: your wrong pal sorry to say it but your clouded! Still love the club indeed ! the seagulls and reading are my favourite clubs !

BF: so how come you think the package to go to palace was a good move?

NF: I now you want to know facts and figures pal but i stand by all in all they made more effort to get him ! [...] a players loyalty will always be to his family fans don't seem to get that but in their position I'm sure would do the same !

BF: who are better Brighton or Palace?

NF: Brighton at present ! [...] would you rather play for Brighton on 2k per week or palace on 8k ?

BF: so its all about the money!! Play for brighton , they are on the up! And they made his career start! Ay?

NF: like I said the while package but of course money is important !

BF: and 2k is not enough?

NF: if you would opt for 100k a year at Brighton over 400k at palace then your not being honest with yourself conversation over pal!

At this point, another Brighton fan enters the conversation

Brighton Fan 2: so making more money is more important than playing to your best, people like glenn are killing the game.fact

NF: ha ha ha ha ha ha fool !

All here: http://twitter.com/nickyforster200

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
NF: Brighton at present ! [...] would you rather play for Brighton on 2k per week or palace on 8k ?

All the above shows really is how little Poyet valued Murray compared to the strikers he now has, and possibly the one who is coming in!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How does Forster know what Murray was offered?

Apart from that, there is nothing there that we didn't know already. Poyet had a value in mind, but wasn't going to pay what he considered over the odds. Personally, I'd have liked to see him in our squad but am more than happy with CMS, Barnes and Hoskins to be honest.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How does that shows he's not being paid silly wages in ANY way?

No figures are mentioned (apart from the £8k/£2k which is clearly just to prove a point)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I like Forster, but he is hardly unbiased, he dislikes Poyet as he was convinced he'd be around for a coaching role at the Albion after his playing days, but in came a manager only slightly older than him, and Forster was the first one out the door, also tried to cause unrest within the Brighton camp over the El-Abd contract offer........

Also total BS we were only paying Murray £2k a week...... I think he has used them figures to show a distance, rather than specific figures

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If I was nicky forster I would've told him to f*** off and stop asking me stupid questions, obviously a clueless moron.

That said, I think it's clear from Forsters replies that Poyet didn't try as hard as he could've to keep Moody Glen, especially when you hear of the effort he made to bring in CMS.

Get over it pa**ce, you took one of our cast offs who would've been on the bench at most this season. Well done.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well Murray was offered more than 2k a week (even NF's agent alluded to that on here) and also what NF knows will be what he's heard from Murray and his agent.

yes Palace may have made more of an 'effort' to get Murray. But that effort wont the 'come down to the town, see the stadium and meet the manager' kind of effort that CMS enjoyed. It would have been the 'let's just up the pay cheque shall we' type of effort.

Fair enough if that is what floats his (and indeed anybody else's) boat. But I'm sure many people have turned down 20% pay rises to stay with a company that longer term have provided them more (both financially and professionally).

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Would still happily have Glenn here, but it wasn't to be. Gus didn't rate him at the same value as Glenn did himself, so we move on. I would ALWAYS trust the manager on this, as he sees the player day in, day out etc.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How does that shows he's not being paid silly wages in ANY way?

No figures are mentioned (apart from the £8k/£2k which is clearly just to prove a point)

:lolol: how [MENTION=13585]little al[/MENTION] thought that proved a point I have no idea. Forster basically said Brighton didn't want him that much and Palace offered him way more money. :lolol:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Got to laugh at the bitterness. Nicky Forster had an interesting conversation with a Brighton fan on twitter about Murray, confirming what we know, and that he's not being paid astronomical wages!

We knew he wasn't on a lot more money than we offered but as Forster said, he is still on more money and a better package (i.e. 3 year deal instead of 2). As he also said, Poyet was not that interested in keeping him and Palace wanted him more.

So what is your point exactly?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well Murray was offered more than 2k a week (even NF's agent alluded to that on here)

It's not the first time the "Murray was offered a miniscule payrise to stay" rumour has done the rounds either.

Got no problem with Murray or any player for that matter leaving the club to earn more money and if he is earning as much as Forster says that it was a no brainer of move for him. However I hate the **** for going to that Red & Blue shite up the road.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The fact is Murray was up to his eyeballs in debt and needed a substantial signing on fee to pay them off, we wouldn't jive with that so he joined his stable mates in bankruptcy Crystal Palace.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would anyone on here seriously play for Brighton on 2k a week if Palace were offering you 8K? Seriously?

I know those aren't the real figures involved, but to use Forster's example.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NF also said nearly all pros would put their families before fans.

I suspect 99% on here would do the same for the extra half million GM is guaranteed over the next three years.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's not the first time the "Murray was offered a miniscule payrise to stay" rumour has done the rounds either.

Got no problem with Murray or any player for that matter leaving the club to earn more money and if he is earning as much as Forster says that it was a no brainer of move for him. However I hate the **** for going to that Red & Blue shite up the road.

Yeah and to be honest, in his situation 99% of players would have done the same thing. I would have done if I was in his situation and wasn't a Brighton fan.

But that's not going to stop me booing him when he plays against us, he's a footballer so that's what happens.

Oct 25, 2003
Would anyone on here seriously play for Brighton on 2k a week if Palace were offering you 8K? Seriously?

I know those aren't the real figures involved, but to use Forster's example.

as a brighton fan I can 100% confirm that if I was a pro I would never, ever play for palace

I just....wouldn't.....yes, it's just another job, but there's plenty of football clubs around that aren't tainted with palaceyness

edit- but then glenn is from up north, only really played for us for a few years and therefore is unlikely to have any real connection to the club, apart from us being a club where he did quite well while he worked there for a while

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Farnkly so what ? Whether that be true or not it was clear that Gus wasn't too fussed about hanging on to Murray and to be fair to the player he did what anybody else would do, he's working for the people who pay him the most. At his age his career will start to decline in the next couple of years so why shouldn't he make as much out of the game as he can ? Face a fact, if he had signed for anybody else rather than Palace nobody would give a damn. He knows that whoever he plays for he won't win much so why should he care ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know this is going to be unpopular on here, but when I saw the interview on the Football League preview show with Forster and Murray, I couldn't help but like Murray. He came across quite well, and I enjoyed his pulling of Forsters leg.

As annoyed as I was to see him go up the road to Palace, we are in danger of being a bit two-faced here regarding it "all being about the money."

When CMS signed for us, it was largely because Gus wanted him so much, and made him feel wanted, whereas West Ham and Leicester sat him down in front of the FD rather than Big Sam or Sven. So he went where he was wanted more.

If Palace did a similar job on Glenn, then so be it, I understand. I'm still very disappointed he should have chosen them, but I must admit, I've pretty much moved on about it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here