Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster and a Brighton Fan on Twitter re Glenn Murray.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Would anyone on here seriously play for Brighton on 2k a week if Palace were offering you 8K? Seriously?

I know those aren't the real figures involved, but to use Forster's example.

it is fairly simple, unless you have supported a club your whole life, you will always opt for the club offering you the most cash. End of.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Glen was offered 6k a week at the Albion which was double his existing wage. Palace offered 8k.
He has a 3 year deal now, has he not ?
I know that they are accurate figures.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Would anyone on here seriously play for Brighton on 2k a week if Palace were offering you 8K? Seriously?

I know those aren't the real figures involved, but to use Forster's example.

Legend Kerry Mayo refused to go and speak to them when they expressed interest

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
To be honest does it really matter. GM has gone and CMS has come in. GM is not a Brighton fan so why should he not chose what is right for his family. Football is a short career and he took the option to earn far more money up the road. Good luck to him and he did his part in getting us promoted lets not forget.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd have liked to have seen him playing alongside CMS. If he'd taken a shorter contract with a bit less money and gambled on increasing his value playing in a team that is on the up, he may have actually earned more money int he long run. All depends on if he is a hit at Palace, because there's no doubt in my mind that Gus made him a better player and would have continued to do so.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a stupid conversation and can't quiet understand why forster replied to it.Its bloody obvious money comes before loyalty end of:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nicky Forster: think he had to do it pal I know that won't be popular but believe me most if not all would have done the same in his position !
Agreed.
NF: a players loyalty will always be to his family fans don't seem to get that but in their position I'm sure would do the same !
Quite right. It is bizarre how clueless many fans are.
NF: Brighton at present ! [...] would you rather play for Brighton on 2k per week or palace on 8k ?
I'm a loyal Brighton fan, so not to be compared to a player - but hell, if I was offered £100k to play for Brighton (dream come true) or £400k to play for Palace, I'd play for Palace (don't worry, I'm worse than shit).
BF: and 2k is not enough?

NF: if you would opt for 100k a year at Brighton over 400k at palace then your not being honest with yourself conversation over pal!
Exactly.

Nicky is pointing out the obvious, but it seems he has to, as some people are blind.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
If Gus wanted him he would have fought for him simples. If he stayed and we still bought all of the players we have, Murray would be the striker on the bench. The original post was a bit pointless really. I loved the guy last season, but he crossed the line for me. Of course I understand money length of contract blah blah blah, but he will be wearing that shite shirt, and that's unforgivable.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Wouldnt struggle living on any of those weekly wages, so maybe he did want to feel wanted, fair enough. Think we are a better team without him now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
"Got to laugh at the bitterness"

What bitterness ?

From Forster ? Possibly...

But Murray was right to move because Poyet and Bloom knew they could get better for the money Murray wanted.

.. and they have.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Why the fuss over Murray/ he was with us for what 3 odd seasons only once got over 20 goals,there are plenty of better strikers than him.He only started to show playing form when Gus came and told him how to do it!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why the fuss over Murray/ he was with us for what 3 odd seasons only once got over 20 goals,there are plenty of better strikers than him.He only started to show playing form when Gus came and told him how to do it!

That's not supported by his goal to games record though.

Gus didn't think he was worth £8,000 a week, we're paying CMS more than that, so it was never a case of not being able to afford Murray's demands, but choosing to look for what Gus considered to be better value.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks Little Al. You have rather beautifully made the point we have been trying to make to your lot for months!

EXACTLY this mate. Poyet wasn't that bothered re Murray hence he didn't want to meet the wage demands. Point proven - and by a Palarse fan :facepalm: I'm sure he was trying to prove something else!? hahahaha!

Anyways can we just forget the judas twat anyway - we're top and have the best striker in the league FFS.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I really don't understand all the animosity towards GM on here.

If Gus had wanted to keep him, everything we know about him, Bloom and the whole set-up suggests GM would still be a Brighton player.

It's GM's misfortune that the best offer from another club came from our arch rivals, meaning that he went from Hero to less than Zero. He's of an age that he had to do the best for himself and his family on what is likely to be the best contract he can expect in a footballer's short career.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I would defiantly take the payrise and move to a rival company. Murray isn't a Brighton fan so why would he not want the more money?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Maybe a better comparison is would you stay at Leeds for 2k if had been there 3 years, or move to Donny for 8k with an extra year added on too?

I'd think you'd consider other clubs but if none came in or they cost too much to relocate, sign for the rival yeah. Especially if knew be 4th choice at Leeds and likely to start for Donny.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I see it as no loss. If poyet wanted to keep him, he would have. We have a good calibre of replacements. I think the Albion made a "take it or leave it" offer to Glenn, and being human, he went out and sourced a better deal.
Good luck to Murray, footballers only have a short career, and their future after playing days are far from certain. Cashing in is a no brainer. We are quick to forget that his goals helped us secure where we are now, and regardless of where he's gone, he will always be remebered for that season. If I got offered even 10% more than what I am on now, I'd pack my bags. And I dont blame him. But I trust and respect Gus' decision making.

Anyway, I just hope the bastard dosent score on September 27th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here